CONTEST Your Gear: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Mavrik sounded incredible and was long but had a bit too much left in it toe side.

I had an Epic Flash Sub Zero for a couple months after my gamer broke. It was decent.

Entry:

Rogue ST LS was not for me(FORE!!!), the Rogue ST Max fits my swing and is more my style.

My Dad is the reason I started golfing in August. He was a Callaway man through and through. Gave me a Callaway X 460. I didn't know how to hit a driver back then (I do now...ish). When I did hit it well, it flew off the face with little effort.

Sorry I couldn't keep it under 20 words, but growing up the only name in golf I knew was Callaway cause my dad. Used this driver up until November of last year.

Mavrik 10.5* fairway finder. Not super long but super reliable. Tried to beat it 3 times still unbeaten.

FT-3 Fusion, first driver I bought that wasn't included in a set. Was so cool.

I’ve never gamed a Callaway product outside of the Chromesoft XLS ball this year. I want to change that.

Some of these entries are a trip now memory lane.
Yep, was making me think of all the Callaway drivers I have played. Been a lot of fun ones over the years. Off the top of my head I think right now and 2 years ago when playing a TS3 are the only time's I haven't had a Callaway driver in my bag since the Warbird came out in 95 or so.

Warbird
GBB
Hawkeye
RAZR Hawk Tour
Fusion
Rogue
Epic Flash
B21

Epic Max Ls. Wasn’t a fan of the sound but I quickly go over it after dropping bombs.

Rogue ST TD, neutral strong ball flight. Great sound and perfect shape.

My current driver is my first Callaway. A B21. So forgiving on mishits and so accurate when I flush it!

Read some nice entries and see that some have not played a Callaway Driver. For a chance to get in the Grandaddy I would run to Dicks, Golf Galaxy, PGA Superstore, or whatever is local to you and test out the new Rogue St driver. Plenty of time to tell the forum why a Callaway driver is for you.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up buying one. They're that good.

About 1992 I got a Big Bertha driver; at first I got ridiculed but that stopped once I hit it!
You hit it well and yet that was the last time the brand was in the bag?

Bought the Rogue ST Max when it launched and just purchased the 3 wood to match. Good swing or bad swing, the ball just booms off the face.
that was my experience too @MNMarc - the ball actually went about 20-25 yards further with the Rogue. Problem was when I hit it bad it was 20-25 yards further in the woods.:oops:

Really like going back over this thread and reading the responses across the board

that was my experience too @MNMarc - the ball actually went about 20-25 yards further with the Rogue. Problem was when I hit it bad it was 20-25 yards further in the woods.:oops:
Sounds like you and I would be an outstanding team on a links course!

Rogue ST Max. The family of drivers so nice, I went back twice. (TD LS). Pure joy with these!

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and three teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #3 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

View attachment 9085677

The Contest
We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special. Today we are talking about your history with their drivers.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about the last (or current) Callaway driver you used and your thoughts on it. You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your last Callaway driver that you had in the bag. You don't have to be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about equipment, so tell us about the driver.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday).

View attachment 9085676

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through Saturday the 7th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant sometime shortly after.
Started back longdriving, LOVE my Callaway Epic Speed LD current long drive is 372 yards, gotta get longer and straighter!

Mavrik 10.5*. Distance was comparable to current gamer but felt heavier which forced an open face. Sound was ok.

Callaway X-Hot.... Loved the matte grey crown and it was a missile launcher

Back