What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite today. Seems to play like a Callaway Supersoft in terms of distance but spins better into and around the greens.

I've switched to the Callaway HEX Warbird. Been playing it for about a month. It is by far the longest ball ever for me and works well with my XR clubs. It can be tough to stop on firm greens, but our greens have been soft and receptive all year this year, so there is no issue there. At $17.99 a dozen, I'm loving them.

I put a Bridgestone e7 into play during my third hole of the day. Wasn't liking the ball I started the round with. Played the same ball for the remainder of the round.
Distance was good, feel was good. Around the green, it performed quite good and off the putter it was really good.
These worked very well around the green. And 29 putts for the day, I could live with that every round.

I found some Callaway X2Hots in my closet and put them into play the other day ad immediately noticed a loss of distance of about 10 yards and less feel off the club head, compared to my Callaway Super soft. Needless to say the X2Hots are going back in the closet.

Played the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite today. Seems to play like a Callaway Supersoft in terms of distance but spins better into and around the greens.

I just bought 1doz of these in yellow. Can't wait to put them into play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went back and forth between a Callaway SR2 and the Bridgestone B330. The SR2 continues to be an awesome ball. The B330 is good, but I just seem to do better with the SR2

My last ball,,,and I played a lot this year,,,,, is the Chrome Soft. This has been THE BALL. It does everything well for me. Driver, Fw, irons, wedges and the putter. Straight as an arrow and decently long. Stops dead on the green even with long irons and doesn't back up too far to ruin a wedge shot. Putter feel is soft but confidence inspiring. After a long list of balls this year this one stands tall and will stay in play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Played this year's E5. Stopped into golf smith before my round today and decided I wanted to try a urethane cover ball that was not as expensive. So I gave it a shot and bought a box. I think this might be the worst ball for my game. Short and balloon on my irons by a whole club. Ball flight was the same as other balls just came up short. I had a few balls check and look like they bounced backwards in the fairway from my driver. Hopefully I can talk a friend into some trades on the remaining 3 sleves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Callaway SR3. They are on closeout. I like them, a lot.

Callaway SR3. They are on closeout. I like them, a lot.

Didn't catch this in the deal thread! Where are they available? I played an SR2 recently and liked that

Didn't catch this in the deal thread! Where are they available? I played an SR2 recently and liked that

I found them at Dick's for $30 a dozen.

B330-RX for me, I can't get enough of them. They work so well for my mediocre game.

Picked up 12 Srixon Z stars 2015 played 18
after work.
Not as much roll out as the b330rx
I think I will be staying with the b330rx for the rest of the year.

I finally tried the Orange Wilson 50 elite. I have played the white and yellow. I am not particularly fond of the yellow Wilson uses. It's quite dull. I typically really like yellow in the zstar line or the tri speed from srixon.

I had no clue they offer a pink which I may have tried over the Orange. Either one should be good come fall among the leaves. I did struggle to see the Orange in flight but once on the ground it was easier to find than any yellow ball I have played.

I still can't say enough about the 50 elite. As a ball snob that thought I could only like premium balls and had to pay high prices or buy them used, I am thrilled to LOVE a $12/doz ball. Every club feel like you flushed the 50 elite. Distance is as good as anything I have tried and the spin is perfect for my game. Not sure how they have done what they have done in a 2 piece 12 ball.

Playing a ProV1 today.

For as much crap as I give Titleist for its marketing campaign, this is a really good ball.

Played this year's E5. Stopped into golf smith before my round today and decided I wanted to try a urethane cover ball that was not as expensive. So I gave it a shot and bought a box. I think this might be the worst ball for my game. Short and balloon on my irons by a whole club. Ball flight was the same as other balls just came up short. I had a few balls check and look like they bounced backwards in the fairway from my driver. Hopefully I can talk a friend into some trades on the remaining 3 sleves.

Based on compression this is really interesting.

I am really liking the Callaway Chrome Soft, especially around the greens. On small greens that I do not want the ball to release it hits and stops. The biggest adjustment is I still hit shots expecting the ball to release and it does not.

Not the x? X too clicky?

Had a friend give me a sleeve of the ProV.

Felt good. Not too spinny. Maybe a little less distance off the tee than the Chrome Soft.

How so? I am not a tech guru.

It's as high as many premium urethane covered balls that are not ballooning on golfers at different skill levels. I'm not disputing what you were having or seeing, just that technology wise the ball should not have had that issue if most other balls don't.

There are so many factors involving a drive that backs up including turf, contact, swing, etc. again I'm not disputing your findings, but I would say if it is the ball, you will want to play the firmest compression and possibly even lower spin gf ball you can find. This way you take out the ball variable immediately.

Had a friend give me a sleeve of the ProV.

Felt good. Not too spinny. Maybe a little less distance off the tee than the Chrome Soft.
You digging the chrome soft? I know you and generally like the same balls (nttawwt) and remember you preferred the sr3 over the sr2.

I love the e5s. I'll trade you something for those sleeves.

You digging the chrome soft? I know you and generally like the same balls (nttawwt) and remember you preferred the sr3 over the sr2.

I like the Chrome Soft a lot. I kind of like the SR3 a little more. I like the firmer feel. But the CS responds very well.

I like the Chrome Soft a lot. I kind of like the SR3 a little more. I like the firmer feel. But the CS responds very well.
Of only they'd make that 85 compression chrome soft, the Tour guys are playing, available at retail

Back