Conditions so Bad You Quit Early?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Went to book a tee time today and ended up with a turd. Arizona is tough this time of year because of overseeding so conditions are variable. I saw a great rate and booked it and I should have known. The course is going down tomorrow for overseed to the tees, fairways and greens were all baked and they obviously had not watered the course for a few days. Approach shots would not hold at all and rolled out a decent amount. I just could not enjoy the round so I quit after 9 and went to Golf Galaxy instead to wander.

Have you ever just said "%^&* this" and left mid round because the course was just trash to play?

Have never quit during a round. I figure I paid to be out there, I'll find something to work on, even on concrete.

Yes i have done that and got a rain check before

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes i have done that and got a rain check before

To be honest the layout and course was so terrible I think I would skip coming back for free.

Never have left mid round because of course conditions, and I have played on some course with crappy conditions. I have quit keeping score before if the greens were absolutely abysmal and really wasn't concerned with holing everything out but still wanted to play and get my swings in.

Slow play for me. If it takes me 3hr to play 9 holes. No way in hell I'm playing 18.

Thunder and lighting calls for a rain check every time

The one i was speaking about had more cabbage on the greens than the cabbage fields and they were dug out so big holes every where and i was talking with a freind about them today at my home course and heard they are about to shut down, i guess my rain check will not be honored lol

Never, I paid to be out there I will finish. It won't stop me from pissing and moaning about it though.

Found a great deal on a course when everything else was closed due to it raining. The course was in awful condition with weeds everywhere. I left after 9 and never looked back.

I accept the challenge if it's course related.

Weather though? I bail hard at times.
Weather as in raining so hard, you are pouring water out of your shoes around the 6th hole?? Haha

I'll take what the course gives me and see I can do. Mother Nature on the other hand wins some times and there are conditions I just won't play in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I believe I have only left due to time or weather. Conditions I’ll stick it out if the pace is ok.

I've never bailed due to course conditions, or weather, or my play - but I have jumped ship after a 3 hour front 9 and once when my wife called me that the washer was flooding the house.

Nope never quit during a round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love baked out courses. Just need to embrace the challenge. I rarely walk off unless there is lightning. The times I have it has to be a mix of not feeling well and something else. Last time I did I was feeling a little sick, the round had taken about 4 hours 15 minutes and was only teeing off 13 and blocked one off the planet. Said have a nice day to the guys I was playing with and walked off.

I've walked off three times. First time I was on hole 16 and it was approaching 5 hours and had to make it to work on time. Second was a 3 hour front nine that was stuck behind a group of 8 and the course wouldn't do anything and claimed it was an outing. And last week when it was raining the whole round but started flooding in areas on the course and couldn't hold my clubs.

I've played so course in really bad condition, just stop keeping score and work on shots.

I can't that I can recall....hard to say if I would or not.

I've never quit due to course conditions but thought about doing it more than once. Weather got me a couple times and I was also called off the course twice by my youngest girl last year. "My battery is dead and I have to get a final" I'm OK with, "I'm at Lowes and I can't fit the wood I bought into my car" not so much. 4x8 sheet of plywood and she has a Focus.

Can't say I have ever walked off a course because of conditions. I would just finish up and never go back, same for extremely slow play

I don’t think I’ve walked off the course for any reason. I like to try and finish even if the weather kind of sucks or if the course sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have, but it was because of the most brutal aeration I have ever seen. Literally ripped the greens up in places.

I've done it. Hit a golf now for an insane price that many have raved about and when I got there I should have known. Tee boxes over grown and uneven, fairways looked like grazing pastures and greens with more bumps than a freshman with acne issues. After two holes I was done. Refund please bc rain check does me no good.

I have never quit during a round due to conditions and I have played some true dog tracks.

There has been times when the course was so wet and sloppy that I couldn't wait for the round to end

Back