Official THE Ohio State football thread

I am a Wisconsin fan. I do not support this post. I do not believe that us accurate.

I agree with a lot of what he says. I think the B1G is tougher than people think, and I think the academic standards in the B1G are second to none. I'm not sure we're as tough as the SEC but we did see last year that the better teams in the B1G can play with the big boys in the SEC. On New Year's Day the Badgers beat Auburn, Sparty beat Baylor and Ohio State took it to Bama.

I don't think anyone has ever won three tougher games on the way to the NC. No team has ever beaten 3 teams that all won 12 games before. And done with a third string QB. The NC run the Buckeyes went on will go down in history as an all-timer. Just incredible.

And last but not least, this is an Ohio State thread, but COME ON WISKY! You guys sure didn't hold up the B1G's reputation last night in Jerry World!

I agree with a lot of what he says. I think the B1G is tougher than people think, and I think the academic standards in the B1G are second to none.

This is hysterical.
Yeah, I think a lot of people confuse the Big 10 with the Ivy League and despite Blugold's constant insistence about the reason Wisconsin stinking is because of academic standards, they ranked worse than UF last year. And second to none? Duke and UNC are on line 2 as well. Even if you eliminate the Ivy League, the ACC is the most dominant academically (US News does the article each year, its not hard to find) and if you can thank Northwestern for the big boost.

Nobody is bagging on any academic standards anywhere, but that crutch in the college football threads was always a funny one. I was one of the few last year that said many times that I thought the SEC was down (Im not a SEC fan) and that the parity was closer than people thought between the conferences. But nobody can compare these conferences over the last 2 decades and think that the Big 10 is as tough a road. Its the issue with the system that a team has been able to play in a weaker conference and come out unscathed and look great to many and average to others (they are not alone).

tOSU has a very good program led by the same guy that their fans bagged on and labeled a disgusting cheater. That part was pretty funny, and he has done all of the right things in place for this school now and will continue to. Means recruiting from FL, getting kids that are there to play and win against bad teams and get up for the big ones. I mean the starting QB famously said last year "Im not there to play class" show those amazing academic standards at work.

Shouldnt take away from the team, the legacy or anything else. Let's just not confuse it with something that doesnt exist.

With all of that said, this is about football and if tOSU doesnt run the table this year, it will be a disappointment. They are VERY talented and have one of the best minds in the game at the helm.

Last edited:
This is hysterical.
Yeah, I think a lot of people confuse the Big 10 with the Ivy League and despite Blugold's constant insistence about the reason Wisconsin stinking is because of academic standards, they ranked worse than UF last year. And second to none? Duke and UNC are on line 2 as well. Even if you eliminate the Ivy League, the ACC is the most dominant academically (US News does the article each year, its not hard to find) and if you can thank Northwestern for the big boost.

Nobody is bagging on any academic standards anywhere, but that crutch in the college football threads was always a funny one. I was one of the few last year that said many times that I thought the SEC was down (Im not a SEC fan) and that the parity was closer than people thought between the conferences. But nobody can compare these conferences over the last 2 decades and think that the Big 10 is as tough a road. Its the issue with the system that a team has been able to play in a weaker conference and come out unscathed and look great to many and average to others (they are not alone).

tOSU has a very good program led by the same guy that their fans bagged on and labeled a disgusting cheater. That part was pretty funny, and he has done all of the right things in place for this school now and will continue to. Means recruiting from FL, getting kids that are there to play and win against bad teams and get up for the big ones. I mean the starting QB famously said last year "Im not there to play class" show those amazing academic standards at work.

Shouldnt take away from the team, the legacy or anything else. Let's just not confuse it with something that doesnt exist.

With all of that said, this is about football and if tOSU doesnt run the table this year, it will be a disappointment. They are VERY talented and have one of the best minds in the game at the helm.

You are so wrong here. JT Barrett is going to be the starter lol

And FWIW, yes Ohio State is a top 50 university (haven't seen the 2015 rankings but in 2014 they were ranked 48th) with top of the line engineering and medicine programs, but let's face it. This is a sports thread. A football thread. The last football player from Ohio state to be better in the class room than on the field was Craig Krenzel. When football programs and fans of said programs use the education card as part of an argument for their team it cracks me up

12 hours boys !!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is hysterical.

For the record, I never brought up academics in this discussion. I even disagreed with the crazy post about B1G being top notch football and academics.

For the record

For the record, I never brought up academics in this discussion. I even disagreed with the crazy post about B1G being top notch football and academics.

For the record

Im not going to clutter this thread with this nonsense, but go do some quick searching on the college football threads on THP by user...I mean since you want to talk about the "record" and all. Freaking hysterical how quickly some forget even their own posts.

Good luck Ohio St fans tonight. If I were a betting man (and I am not here), I would say it should be over before halftime.

Im not going to clutter this thread with this nonsense, but go do some quick searching on the college football threads on THP by user...I mean since you want to talk about the "record" and all. Freaking hysterical how quickly some forget even their own posts.
No. I know what I have said. I just wanted the record to show, in this instance, I was not a party to the insanity.

Wow, we get our own thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And let's talk about tOSU academics. Since their national championship winning QB spelt his own name wrong in the famous "play school" tweet

cardale-jones.png

3 years....

new material guys.

And let's talk about tOSU academics. Since their national championship winning QB spelt his own name wrong in the famous "play school" tweet

cardale-jones.png

That's just his own language. When translated it means 59-0

1b72a9b58906a3fb97262c6806cc566e.jpg

Anybody else in the "Now I'm nervous" stage? We SHOULD crush these guys. It SHOULD be over at halftime. But it's there, at night, and we're missing 4 players. Sign me up for nervous...

Should be an easy OSU win.

Lane Stadium at night used to mean something, but I think VT's admin is letting Beamer hang on too long.

Still should be fun to watch in the background as I assemble the winning THP fantasy team.

I would be shocked if I don't go to bed at the half. I predict a total annihilation.

Have they announced the starting qb?

I would be shocked if I don't go to bed at the half. I predict a total annihilation.

Have they announced the starting qb?

No, and they said they won't announce it either. We'll all find out when someone goes out for the first offensive series

No, and they said they won't announce it either. We'll all find out when someone goes out for the first offensive series
Hopefully they handle it the way Louisville did.

That was silly.

Go Hokies!!

I have no illusions that we have a great chance though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I know where I'll be at at 8pm. Go Buckeyes

Back