Your Current Club Battle

No club battle here.....but a shaft battle will likely ensue at the end of April.

#UST

I picked up a Seemore putter this offseason. It's going to have every opportunity to start the season in the bag since I've been practicing with it exclusively since I got it at Christmas. The Mizuno Bettinardi BC2 is waiting in the wings if needed.

Otherwise the top of my bag is an epic battle. I've got three new clubs and it looks like at least two of them will start the season in the bag.

The Driver battle is between a 10.5* G30 and a 10.5* SLDR.

At Fairway Wood I'm really loving the Yonex Ezone EPG 15* I won from THP's PGA show contest. It's likely to unseat my old faithful R9 TP 17* 4 wood.

The battle that's most up in the air is between a RBZ Stage 2 TP 18.5* hybrid (turned up to 21*) and a TaylorMade 20* UDI 3 iron. I tend to hook the hybrid, and I definitely prefer to play a fade. I haven't hit the UDI outside yet, but simulator results seem to indicate it might not fit the gap I was hoping to fill. I'm hoping this is just a rust / swing issue and we start getting along better as the weather warms up.

Really considering a new set of wedges. The bounce does not seem to work for the new sand installed at our course this spring!

I'm having a war of irons, the PSI tours are really Making me rethink my blades right now, I have t hit a ball in over a month and I know it's different this time, I can accept I'll struggle this season.

I don't really have a club battle this year. My woods, hybrids, wedge and putter are set. When I get a good deal on the XR irons, the RazrX irons will be gone.

It's always about the flatstick. I have 5 that I absolutely love (T.P. Mills Twelve, T.P. Mills Ming, Tad Moore TM-4, SeeMore FGP Tour PR and SeeMore m8 PR) so they constantly rotate in and out. The only other extra clubs I own are a couple of wedges and a 10 year old 7 wood that very rarely see the gamer bag.

GBB vs Legacy Black drivers. Also having a shaft battle with a couple options for those heads.

haha and after today this battle rages on.

Putters always seems like the putters. New Lajosi will battle last year's favorite Odyssey Jailbird and My trusty SeeMore M1.

I have an iron battle brewing. Maltby DBM which I'm gaming is being threatened by the KE4 tour+ irons. The more time I spend with the KE4 the more I like them. Distance, forgiveness and feel. Will be a spring battle for sure.

King LTD Pro vs. 915 D2

Apex CF vs. 714 AP1

Its early but I think I started getting used to the smaller profile (not much smaller) of the Apex CF yesterday. I really started to get them going. The driver showdow just began but I really really like what Cobra did with the LTD Pro.

I've been switching back & forth between my W/S D200 driver & my Cleveland 588 Custom. When my tempo is on, the D200 wins by a good bit. When my tempo is off, the heavier weight of the 588 Custom helps me keep the ball in the fairway better.

Same could be said for the putter. When I start getting twitchy with the V-Line Works, the Infinite Northside goes in the bag for a round or 2.

My battle is beginning with irons and what shafts. I loved my Adams but bough WS VG4. May reshaft the latter with px6.0 that I love. Also contemplating new driver even though I like my I20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep alternating between King Cobra ltd, M2 and 816DBD.

Right now my current battle is to scratch up enough money to have the problems u guys have. Lol!!! I go years between new sticks, every couple years I might get a new driver or three wood. I just recently purchased my first hybrid and hoping to replace the worm burning producing 3 wood. I hit it fine off the tee bit fairway is different. Hopefully the hybrid will solve problem.

Two going on right now. My putter continues to give me fits. The Cleveland Classic #2 continues to make me ponder against an Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9. Small differences between the two, but enough.

And my MD2 lob wedge and a Cobra Trusty Rusty 59° produce some tough feelings for me. Right now the K-grind, lighter shaft, and lower bounce of the Cobra is winning.

Keep debating taking the 3 Deep out of the bag and just use the 16 degree Bertha 815 3 wood. Or even take the 815 out and just the 3 Deep since I have a 3 hybrid that I hit pretty well. Issue is I hit the 815 pretty well off the deck, and cannot hit the 3 Deep off the deck. But, I am longer off the tee with the Deep and maybe even a little better dispersion.

So far I change it up based on the course. If I have some reachable par 5s I try and figure out which hybrid I can take out of the bag and keep the 815. Or if they are longer more wide open par 5s where I need the length to give me a shorter third shot. In the right situation I take out the Deep and use the 815 off the tee for shorter/tighter holes. Or if I can use driver on all of the par 4 and 5s.

Keep trying to kick the Deep out of the bag. But, there are days I end up using it as my driver.

Well ... my current set is ....Bridgestone J40..445 CC w/ reg flex blueboard and Titleist 716 T-MB irons 2 thru the W or gap wedge & SM5 58 deg & 50 deg bent to 52 and both 3 deg flat and a Cameron Select Big Sur S 47 inch long putter

as for replacements or extras i have Mizuno MP 54 irons w / true temper XP 90-- R300 3 iron thru 7 & 8--9 & pw --MP4 blades and MP 5 54 and 58 deg wedges and a 3rd iron set Mizuno MP H4 3--4 & 5 forged iron hybrids and 6 iron thru pw with project X graphite 5.0 flex .. and a Xhot 2 9.0 driver and i have F 913 .. 13.5 deg. fairway and 913 H.. 17--20.5----24 and 27 degree hybrids and putters ... Cameron newport 2 , ping scottsdale , geo. low 600 blade and ping, cleveland and nike putters i cant remember their names off the top of my head but i think 8 total i have now ....i have more but i would need to conduct a inventory to figure out what exactly i have

The only bag battle I have right now is a ball battle.

Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow or Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow.

The only bag battle I have right now is a ball battle.

Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow or Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow.
Minus the colors, that's a perpetual issue, mostly because I don't feel I can go wrong either way. Love the RX better with the driver and irons, but around the greens I think I like the Chrome Softs. Spin is to dependent on strike I don't think I could really pick one.

I think they're the two best balls on the market for the average consumer, with maybe the latest Z-Star thrown in as a close third.

No battle here. For the first time in 5 years, I have 14 clubs that didn't come from a bargain-bin sale. Looking forward to keep using them all year.

I know we as THPers endlessly ponder equipment, and many don't sit around with only 14 clubs available. So, let's hear what your current bag battle is!

Mine right now is the Cobra King LTD vs the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD. Ball speed is better with the DBD with a more lively sound, while the LTD takes the forgiveness battle with a really solid and slightly dialed back sound. I'll be back and forth between these two clubs all year, I bet.

As an equipment tester I bet you struggle more than most, but as The Grandaddy Captain, wouldn't the DBD win the battle?

I personally don't have any battles right now, but there are few things pondering around in my mind. Until they become purchases they will just be ponders.

Putter battle! Lucky 777 is the clear winner, but it's not a full time gamer. MXM Versa #7 needs adjusted a little, but I can't keep my eyes off of the Milled Collection #7 or a Scotty Futura X5 or X5R...

Backburner club battle slated for midsummer is the J15 Cast irons I currently game and the XR Pros in the spare bag that need regripped and +1/2".

As an equipment tester I bet you struggle more than most, but as The Grandaddy Captain, wouldn't the DBD win the battle?

I personally don't have any battles right now, but there are few things pondering around in my mind. Until they become purchases they will just be ponders.

There's a pretty good reason why it's Callaway and Bridgestone against the World when it comes to my gamer bag. I've got a very strong emotional tie to Bridgestone, and I believe they have produced one of the best possible combos on the market for my game with the J15 CBs and J15 forged wedges. For Callaway, I've not yet experienced an event with them but I love how much they interact with the forum and their commitment to bringing incredible events to THPers. It also helps that they woods/hybrids are some of the best clubs out there for my game considering I've played them for years now.

No real battle yet. My bag is pretty set. I am very intrigued in the new White Hot RX insert though, and would love to roll a V Line Vang and compare it to my current putter, Two Ball Fang.

I don't really have any club battles at the moment. I just get bored and want to try new things.

Back