Batman v Superman Trailer

I somehow missed the explanation

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
There's a microphone in his suit that distorts and projects his voice.

No. I was listening to a radio show talking about top 10 super hero movie flops based on production dollars vs revenue. Green lantern was tops, and this was projected to beat it. Many X men movies were up there to, fwiw.
Goes to show how wrong the "experts" were.

In line to see b v s now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I was listening to a radio show talking about top 10 super hero movie flops based on production dollars vs revenue. Green lantern was tops, and this was projected to beat it. Many X men movies were up there to, fwiw.

Heard the same thing just now on the TV. Unless it makes some serious jumps in revenue, its not looking good, because cost and marketing dollars are crazy high. Cost was over 400 million some are saying.

I guess I don't know what people look for in a movie. Or my standards are really low.
So guess rotten tomatoes was pretty spot on.

OK, so, I've seen worse movies. And for the most part, I was entertained... BUT ...too often the story or the acting or something took me out of the watching/enjoying experience and my brain went "What?!" or <eye roll>.

I get why it is getting slaughtered in reviews, but I also get why it is going to make a crapton of money and some people are going to really enjoy it.

And Gal Gadot. Goddamn Gal Gado! WOW.

I think the movie was good but not great. It's a solid B minus if I were to grade it.

Gal was great and hot, but superman was portrayed as weak imo. I thought Ben did a great job as batman.

The more I think about this movie. The stronger my position of, "it was fine. Not great. Just fine."

Spoiler
Lots of dream sequences, but the "dream within a dream" mechanism is a total amateur move, poor directing. The Holly Hunter subplot was useless and ended up having NO factor at the end the movie, poor directing. I thought the "Martha" connection was misused. That was a perfect moment for some prefight Alfred talk about, "He may seem different than us, but he may be more human than we know" sort of thing. I think they tried, but it didn't come across very well, poor directing. Jeremy Irons was woefully under utilized, poor directing. General rule of good story telling, coincidences can get heroes into trouble, but coincidences cannot get heroes out of it. That one simple rule was ignored and felt cheap, poor directing.

The "is he really dead" ending is useless when DC/WB has already announced that Superman will be in future movies. Why waste time with it. Poor directing.

Can Warner Brothers do something completely unexpected and get a director who knows how to tell a story? Not just one that can storyboard set pieces.

The more I think about this movie. The stronger my position of, "it was fine. Not great. Just fine."

Spoiler
Lots of dream sequences, but the "dream within a dream" mechanism is a total amateur move, poor directing. The Holly Hunter subplot was useless and ended up having NO factor at the end the movie, poor directing. I thought the "Martha" connection was misused. That was a perfect moment for some prefight Alfred talk about, "He may seem different than us, but he may be more human than we know" sort of thing. I think they tried, but it didn't come across very well, poor directing. Jeremy Irons was woefully under utilized, poor directing. General rule of good story telling, coincidences can get heroes into trouble, but coincidences cannot get heroes out of it. That one simple rule was ignored and felt cheap, poor directing.

The "is he really dead" ending is useless when DC/WB has already announced that Superman will be in future movies. Why waste time with it. Poor directing.

Can Warner Brothers do something completely unexpected and get a director who knows how to tell a story? Not just one that can storyboard set pieces.

I would go a bit farther and say it was an enjoyable movie, but not one that wows you with the plot lines. If you enjoy these type of movies, I'm not sure how you could have not enjoyed it, but looking back on it it wasn't great.
Spoiler
I agree, the Senator Finch plot line was pretty useless, the only positive that came out of it was the look of despair on Superman's face after the explosion. I think they really could have built on that moment to get to Batman fight, of course they didn't.

I agree with the overall idea that a better director could have done so much more with the movie. But I still think it wasn't NEARLY as bad as the critics want you to think.

I would go a bit farther and say it was an enjoyable movie, but not one that wows you with the plot lines. If you enjoy these type of movies, I'm not sure how you could have not enjoyed it, but looking back on it it wasn't great.
Spoiler
I agree, the Senator Finch plot line was pretty useless, the only positive that came out of it was the look of despair on Superman's face after the explosion. I think they really could have built on that moment to get to Batman fight, of course they didn't.

I agree with the overall idea that a better director could have done so much more with the movie. But I still think it wasn't NEARLY as bad as the critics want you to think.

I agree with you.

Spoiler
The whole opening desert incident and senate bombing was a waste of time that could have better used to build the story elsewhere. Like why the hell does Wonder Woman care if Lex has a picture of her from WWII? Critics are a sour bunch of jerks. Like I said earlier, they usually judge quality with word count and believe that every movie needs to be some sort of exposition on the human experience. They have a hard time disconnecting their brain and absorbing something without being overly academic and artsy

I enjoyed the movie...didn't think it was great but I was entertained which is all I was looking for. I'll be curious how they take this forward from here. One thing I thought was lame was the introduction of Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman. Couldn't the files just been labeled with code words or something instead of the logos? Also not caring too much for the look of the kid playing the Flash. Like the CW show version better.

Saw this yesterday and I enjoyed it. Was it the greatest movie ever? No. Was it pretty entertaining? Yes.

I saw this yesterday and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Critics have no idea what they are talking about. Movies like this are entertainment and I was entertained. I was shocked at how well Ben Affleck did as batman and can't wait to see what comes after this.

Alright. I watched the "Ultimate" edition tonight. Other than being 3 hours long. The movie actually makes sense.

Alright. I watched the "Ultimate" edition tonight. Other than being 3 hours long. The movie actually makes sense.
Where would you find such a thing?

I grabbed it off of Vudu. Looking forward to watching it later today.

Back