Callaway Rogue Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New Rogue and Rogue Sub Zero FW Woods coming from Callaway and we have the full details on the home page about the technology in the three models. 12 THPers already this lineup in play and have been testing them for the past month as part of the Grandaddy THP Event. Their reviews begin today.

Going to be a fun challenge to see if one of these could kick the TEE 4 wood out of the bag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to see the pictures of these and hear the Granddaddy guys’ thoughts on them.

I really need a new shiny 3 wood and some hybrids, these are definitely on the list for testing.

Can't wait to read the detailed reviews from Team Prestige about these.

Been waiting for this one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a really interesting experience with my fitting where I ended up going weight forward with the 816 fairway, I'm really interested in trying the sub-zero.

Jailbreak in a fairway sounds fun.

The Rogue fairway lineup has me interested the most from the Rogue release.
I have an older Great Big Bertha 5w that i hit pretty good but Jailbreak cant be a bad thing.

Now the fun begins!

R.I.P. *Redacted*

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0119-XL.jpg

DSC_0117-XL.jpg

DSC_0116-XL.jpg

DSC_0115-XL.jpg

DSC_0114-XL.jpg

DSC_0113-XL.jpg

DSC_0120-XL.jpg

DSC_0121-XL.jpg

DSC_0122-XL.jpg

DSC_0123-XL.jpg

DSC_0118-XL.jpg

DSC_0126-XL.jpg

DSC_0124-XL.jpg

DSC_0127-XL.jpg

DSC_0128-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Just going to save this post right here.....

:alien:

I like Jman alien thingys. Looking forward to it dude I know how much you loved the 816 and I think this year may be the year I add jailbreak to the fairways

I was fit into the Rogue 4W and Heavenwood. Unfortunately they did not have the 4W available, so I ended up with the 3W bent to 4W specs.

I'll start off with the heavenwood as that is what I have the most experience with. I dont have any experience with the Epic FW lines, but to my this was a mix of the V series flight, with the Steelhead 7W distances that I grew familiar with this year. My experiences were all off of the deck, and prior to 2017 I was hesitant to pull FW as it was usually a hot mess, but this Heavenwood is an absolute game changer from all lies. Due to some less than desirable tee balls in the Grandaddy (especially on singles), I ended up hitting this way more than I would have cared to, but truth be told I couldnt think of any shot that I was not happy with.
It got to the point where I would be pondering what club to hit and Pringles would just say "mash the heavenwood" and so it was written.

The Steelhead 7W was a 220-225 club for me, I am expecting once I get on a LM to see that plus some with this club just based on the "eye test".

I was unable to see how I hit the 4W during my fitting as far as distances (and Im not 100% sure if it was the 3W or 4W I was hitting), but what I did see was a nice mid ball flight with a small little cut (which was the shot shape of the day for me). I will definitely be reporting back as Spring comes around, with my experiences off of the tee with this thing. I saw and heard quite a few guys rely on the 3W HEAVILY off of the tee and they were hitting some absolute bombs with them (yes talking to you Blake).

In hindsight I would have taken some pre range balls and pre snow pics of these, but this is the best I cam do, and Im sure some of the other guys will have some MUCH better ones to offer.

4W on Top, Heavenwood below it)

33f1498b5ab176196befb25fa0bae758.jpg
13d826c630be2fecc9357fee1b003e1f.jpg

Good stuff mike. That’s high praise for the HW

Good stuff mike. That’s high praise for the HW

Yeah I kept the old V series around for a long time, til it was dethroned by the Steelhead 7W, and then this club knocked the Steelhead out of the bag easily.

Having bagged the Heavenwood in the past this is encouraging. Adding jailbreak into the woods will be a game changer.

How's the face depth?

Here are some pics of the FW wood that I was fit into... I’m traveling today for work, I’ll post my full thoughts tonight. I’ll say this, the FW is my favorite club of the whole Rogue line. I haven’t liked a 3W this much since the Original Rocket Ballz 3W (and that’s saying a lot).

My FW is the Sub-Zero 3+ (13.5 degrees)....

ae9a6cdb4b33ce1e2433300a6a5d3229.jpg

d098c2beca22f511c1f74222f6a3c9f2.jpg

89cced4c4101381f612f65c00fee481d.jpg

The is my favorite club in my bag...sorry other clubs but 15* fixes hosel fairway with jailbreak...monster!!!
19a273ac526f190589e96aa29fbb64b4.jpg
758303ae138d28cdc4f7fbcf78f4bc37.jpg
b0c2c77f9a9ee8852cf2ed200b2240b1.jpg
b1ff9dbda7eb2452b69fde44a27a03ef.jpg

Here are some comparison pics with the Epic Sub Zero...
a18e5118257e1ac4ab2401bbdc1d50d0.jpg
7a93144a70ad2e559b55ad7cb7405ca5.jpg
a5451e7ba009ae7347a479eb5083ace1.jpg
5c08d46bcf7e413ae84f4d788a3e1321.jpg

More thoughts to come later!!!

Last edited:
Yeah... these are absolute fire, and will be in a ton of bags this year for sure.

I had some swing issues at the Hideaway, but I was fairly frequently hitting this past the drivers of anyone not named Tyler. In fact, on the par 4 where Tyler few the green on video, I hit 3 wood and had about 70 yds in. A couple of times I was hitting this - with confidence - on par 5s with 260-280 in. We heard that a lot of the tour staff will be playing a 4 or 5 wood instead of a 3 to get the gapping right.

I’m totally in love with this club. It’s the best fairway wood I’ve ever hit, and is really going to help me play smarter golf this summer.

@jdax that is an interesting club to be fit into. Was it more for the tee game or off the deck?

Whoa the fairways are glued? Weight issue with the adjustable hosel or what?

Make that two questions to ask at the pga show haha

There's just something about a glued fairway head with full scoring lines that makes me giddy with excitement to put it in the bag.

There's just something about a glued fairway head with full scoring lines that makes me giddy with excitement to put it in the bag.

Same I would also prefer a glued low spin driver as well. Happy to see a company stick with a glued hosel here.
I know how nice the adjustable hosel makes things like shaft swaps and fittings etc. but I can’t help but think it gives up a bit of possible performance to have it.

So excited for these. The addition of jailbreak in the fairways is a game changer. Only question for me is do I go 4W and 7W or just go HW only like I did with the Epic....That will require some testing.

The 3W just went right to the top of my ponder list

Back