"No thanks, I'm a Taylormade guy..."

Pay no mind, friends. This attitude is common, and it won't change.

Hat tip to Callaway for blowing minds over the last couple seasons.

Signed,
Guy with not much Callaway in the bag

Ditto.

Signed,
Guy with just about everyone in his bag.

Pay no mind, friends. This attitude is common, and it won't change.

Hat tip to Callaway for blowing minds over the last couple seasons.

Signed,
Guy with not much Callaway in the bag
Same thoughts here, only Callaway I have in bag is PM 60 degree, but I love what they do and how interactive they are

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Its becoming quite the Tradition to trot out the same tired argument but it's been a few weeks since someone did it so we were due.

Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain!!!

Callaway has totally blown our minds!!!

I do have to say that the PM grind wedge is awesome. I've tried all their stuff the last several releases and this one made the bag.

Dude, you're trolling so hard your posts aren't even readable anymore. I went ahead and checked out your last couple posts to really gather your goals here.

1 - You don't join the Albatross club, but get rattled with who THP supports (that's kind of weird).
2 - You have a problem with THP members liking Callaway and bumping their threads (that's kind of weird).
3 - You don't like it when people ask questions about results regarding the driver that tickles your heartstrings (ehhh that's kind of common anymore).

Did I miss something? Let me respond to your major issues to help you out a bit.

1 - Good thing the Albatross club is 100% optional
2 - I am pretty sure the THP community is free to bump any thread they want... Callaway just happens to be at the forefront and that's great for them.
3 - I can't really help you here. The whole point of a forum is to interact and discuss. When someone posts a ridiculously high smash factor, should we just lock the thread and wait for M2?

I have no problems playing all Callaway. I have no problem with anybody who wants to play all of one brand. for any reason.

I have brand preferences based on CS interaction, but if the equipment works it goes in the bag. Nothing will stop me from demoing a club though and giving it a good workout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im confused MBBG. I agree that a few brands our more popular on THP for various reasons (interactions at THP events and better marketing, etc...), but I will disagree with your premise that anyone pushes any brands on anyone else. I have never read anyone being criticized for a brand or type of club they play. I think the only common denominator is we all love golf.

I agree... After the guy left, I just kept thinking what if another brand driver would get him 15-20 more yards off the tee, but he would never know because his just a Taylormade guy...

Dax
o.png
also need this information

There are some brands that I've got a definite preference for, that I'll give a try as soon as it comes out unless I really can't stand its looks.

There are some that I'll dismiss due to my own biases - for example I've hit exactly one white headed metal wood in my life.

There are some that I just won't make a point of it to try unless there is some buzz around it that makes me think I might have missed something.

I will say I used to be this way. Till THP. Not anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just like everything in life. Some people won't buy a Chevy because they are Ford die hards. Some won't buy Android because they love Apple/Iphone. As long as you are happy and confident with your purchase, more power to you!

If I was being paid to use a certain brand then yes, I'd say "I'm a "brand x" guy"... Otherwise, whatever would be the best for my game! (though I no longer play)

It's just like everything in life. Some people won't buy a Chevy because they are Ford die hards. Some won't buy Android because they love Apple/Iphone. As long as you are happy and confident with your purchase, more power to you!

I drive a Chevy, but I'd still test drive a Ford, especially is free Chrome Soft's were involved... But I hear ya...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know several guys who have full bags of "X" brand, only wear "X" brand clothes, hats, shoes even......and are 15-20 handicaps

I know several guys who have full bags of "X" brand, only wear "X" brand clothes, hats, shoes even......and are 15-20 handicaps

I'm TaylorMade / adidas from head to toe. Does it matter if you're a 1 or a 15-20 hdcp? No. I don't know what the big deal about brand loyalty, regardless if you get paid or not. To me, it's like following your favorite sports teams. Once I find something I like or love, I stick with it. I'm sure there's many great players all the way to beginners who are the same way.

I'm TaylorMade / adidas from head to toe. Does it matter if you're a 1 or a 15-20 hdcp? No. I don't know what the big deal about brand loyalty, regardless if you get paid or not. To me, it's like following your favorite sports teams. Once I find something I like or love, I stick with it. I'm sure there's many great players all the way to beginners who are the same way.
I think the Sports team analogy is an intriguing one. Quite often its the most senseless decision ever based simply on geography, loose connections, or family tradition. Blind loyalty in sports is often viewed as admirable and equates to being a "good fan".

I think the notion that you need to be an amazing golfer to rock a 1-brand bag is a little ridiculous.

My old bag was made up of Taylormade Driver and 3 wood and hybrids, Titleist irons, taylormade putter, and cleveland wedges.

When it came time for me to upgrade, because I liked the performance of my taylormade clubs I had, I decided to go all taylormade. I like the look ad I like the feel of the clubs. Sure I'm not the best golfer out there, but I play decently, and I just enjoy being on the course.

Now I have switched my putter out of my all Taylormade bag for a Seemore, And have added a titleist vokey sm4 wedge.

Will I switch out other clubs for non taylormade ones. if I hit them well and the price fits whatever my budget is, sure will.

I do however like the look of an all one branded bag, it does give me a good feeling. Really couldn't care less if it was another brand other than taylormade, but this time around thats what it is.

I love my clubs and thats all that really matters, if you love the clubs you got, go for it.

I'm definitely intrigued by the srixons and hit some at a local store, and definitely intrigued by wilson staff and titleist and callaway stuff too.

I would never turn down a chance to demo any brand of club. Then again, I wouldn't turn down a chance to hit golf balls for any reason. :)

I think the Sports team analogy is an intriguing one. Quite often its the most senseless decision ever based simply on geography, loose connections, or family tradition. Blind loyalty in sports is often viewed as admirable and equates to being a "good fan".

I think the notion that you need to be an amazing golfer to rock a 1-brand bag is a little ridiculous.

Kinda off the actual topic, but I've been in Illinois my whole life.... yet, since I was a kid, I've been a diehard San Antonio Spurs, San Francisco Giants & Oakland Raiders fan. Just like am I a huge TaylorMade fan & loyalist.

I'm not shocked that there are people out there that are that brand loyal. I'm not one of them, for the obvious reason of wanting the equipment that is most effective for my game.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm totally brand loyal. I'm a Callaway homer to the bone. Doesn't mean I won't try something new, but it does mean if performance is equal, or close -- within the variance of my bogey-golfer swing -- I'm going to go with Callaway every single time. It's nothing against other brands, and I might be tempted to take Cobra gear, but Callaway just has my heart.

For the record, it's less to do with performance and more to do with service and treatment. I was talking about this with the fellows I played with this morning, who pointed out that I seem to have a Callaway bent, given my bag, clubs, ball, hat, attire, and shoes. We got to talking about it, and most everyone in Arizona knows someone who has gone to the Ping Performance Center and gotten a first-class Ping fitting. There's a good chance that's the first time a lot of Arizona golfers have gotten a set of clubs with a lot of confidence that those are the clubs they're fitted for, the clubs they're supposed to be hitting. As a result of that confidence and the treatment, they happily become Ping homers. As someone with a bag of open-catalog, custom-fitted Callaways, I completely understand. It's not about discounting other manufacturers. But I'm far more likely to look at what I don't like about other company's clubs, and I'm far more likely to look at what I do like about Callaway's clubs. That confidence is a byproduct of their treatment of their clients, and it makes total sense why a company would want to give so many people with influence their products, and why they would want to treat those people like rock stars in general.

I'm not brand loyal in anyway. However, after my odyssey works 7h CS arrived today, I now play a full Callaway bag minus driver. The g30 is very safe and I honestly have never been crazy about callaway's drivers. This is by far the most of one brand I have ever played at a time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hope that was tongue-in-cheek given your WITB.

Back