Products That Are DOA

I agree with this list. and I've played 3 of the last 4 TM wedge sets. I wish they marketed their last release more, they missed a great opportunity after DJ at the LA Open.

Absolutely wasted that opportunity. I do remember a couple of commercials about them but that was it. Really disappointed too, I would have loved to been able to read a review or even get a chance to hit them.

Anything called a driving iron...

Jetspeed
Cobra wedges
And the new callaway shoes will be

Anything that called a driving iron...

I fee like this has been remarketed as a utility iron for pretty much all companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely wasted that opportunity. I do remember a couple of commercials about them but that was it. Really disappointed too, I would have loved to been able to read a review or even get a chance to hit them.

Ddec and I were literally sitting at the Kingdom (and TaylorMade HQ) during that launch.

Sadly, I'd have to say the Hogan brand. Love the looks of it and I actually liked the SCOR/V-Sole tech, but it seems like that launch was a swing and a miss by the brand.

As for the PSi/M1 opinion, I'm not sure I agree on this one. TM had a HUGE launch event for the M1 and PSi irons not long ago and the irons just launched in retail. I've seen a lot of social media activity around the M1 launch, in particular. I have to believe that will be one of the best selling drivers of 2015-16 so I don't know how it could fall into a discussion that it's already dead.
Hogan is an interesting one. They built some hype before release. Remember the emails about buying before even seeing pics. I still would be surprised if they are still in business in a couple years.

I think TM has done well with the M1 marketing. The product has more buzz than the R15 did. That's without a doubt not a DOA driver. But they dropped the ball on the iron release.

They could change it and pump some life in to them. Hope they do.

I guess just to clarify- it doesn't mean the products aren't good- just ones that we kind of know won't sell like they should for one reason or another

Def not a reflection on performance.

I'd say the Callaway X2Hot irons. I think just about anyone who could hit those could just as easily hit the Apex irons that were released only 2 months before...except the Apex irons were sleeker, thinner, and generally better to look at.

JetSpeed line from TaylorMade had trouble getting off the ground despite a fair amount of marketing being poured into it.

Despite being really nice, IMO, every Cleveland iron line seems doomed from the outset. The CG Black CB irons are outstanding, but Cleveland just doesn't generate buzz for much outside their wedges.

Hogan is an interesting one. They built some hype before release. Remember the emails about buying before even seeing pics. I still would be surprised if they are still in business in a couple years.

I think TM has done well with the M1 marketing. The product has more buzz than the R15 did. That's without a doubt not a DOA driver. But they dropped the ball on the iron release.

They could change it and pump some life in to them. Hope they do.

Def not a reflection on performance.

Crazy how disconnected some recent TM releases have been after they killed it for do long.

Anything marketed via Infomercial on the Golf Channel...The Perfect Club and Peter Kessler come to mind, not to mention the Hammer and Jack Ham...

Pretty sure no one said the M1 was part of this discussion. Only that they are heavily marketing the M1 and the psi irons are falling by the wayside.

The irons have been out 6 days. Is that enough time for them to fall by the wayside? They personally don't appeal to me but I don't think they can be in this discussion yet unless I'm missing something.

Even though I have long been a TM fan, it seems like all of their releases for the past 3ish years have been DOA. Having liked a number of their iron sets, Speedbladez for example, those were announced with a touch of hype and then launched...then immediately moved on to the next release.

Seems like TM is throwing ideas out there as fast as they can come up with them.

I've seen a lot of reviews on YouTube and other sites for the PSi irons and have seen a fair bit of social media activity from Taylormade on the iron launch side. Has it garnered as much attention as the M1? No, but that is what it is. Maybe it's TM's strategy around the entire launch of M1/PSi. Maybe it's consumers gravitating to buzz around new drivers. Whatever the case, the feedback and buzz I've seen thus far has been pretty positive.

Do you think this is due to over saturation still?

Seems like, except for the SLDR driver, most of the rest of that line was DOA, the SLDR C or S lines and the SLDR irons.

Even though I have long been a TM fan, it seems like all of their releases for the past 3ish years have been DOA. Having liked a number of their iron sets, Speedbladez for example, those were announced with a touch of hype and then launched...then immediately moved on to the next release.

Seems like TM is throwing ideas out there as fast as they can come up with them.

It's almost like no matter what they do they can't compete with their past.

It's almost like no matter what they do they can't compete with their past.

Exactly.

Just keep throwing out clubs hoping to recapture what they did years ago.

Ddec and I were literally sitting at the Kingdom (and TaylorMade HQ) during that launch.

Is it frowned upon to ask them questions like,
"why?"
"Are you an idiot?"
"Were you not interested in moving product this year?"

I just don't understand why a company would just be like nah we're good.

Is it frowned upon to ask them questions like,
"why?"
"Are you an idiot?"
"Were you not interested in moving product this year?"

I just don't understand why a company would just be like nah we're good.

Maybe the problem is the people who used to answer those questions (or prevent them from needing to be asked) aren't at TM anymore.

And maybe marketing plays a larger role than we'd like to admit.

Jetspeed
Cobra wedges
And the new callaway shoes will be
Outside of the Del Mars I'd say most of the previous callaway shoes as well.

Maybe the problem is the people who used to answer those questions (or prevent them from needing to be asked) aren't at TM anymore.

And that's possible, but it's a response I would have with any company not just TM. I feel bad kinda for picking on them a bit, but they're not really helping things here.

And that's possible, but it's a response I would have with any company not just TM. I feel bad kinda for picking on them a bit, but they're not really helping things here.

Yup. But I think they are fair to pick on- based on their prior success. It just seems to me that when the old guard left, they took all of the TM mojo with them.

Outside of the Del Mars I'd say most of the previous callaway shoes as well.

I thought they were going to turn a corner with the X-Cage line, but then Callaway went back to making awful looking shoes.

And maybe marketing plays a larger role than we'd like to admit.

For general sales, marketing might be more important than the product itself. People will make excuses for numbers or anything else if they think it's the popular choice. Happens in absolutely everything, and golf is no different.

Off the top of my head

Adams Blue
Cobra FlyZ
Any TM driver in the last 5-6 years (M1 not included)
TM wedges
Hogan irons

Obviously it's a small company, but it seems to me Hopkins Irons never gained any mass appeal. The wedges not much more either.

Back