Poulter is an Arsehole

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Wants him to interfere with the ball so he gets a free drop? That’s something else..

Good read and his arrogant reputation has done him in again.

Doesn’t surprise me if true based on first hand experience buddy of mine had with him.

If true, talk about abusing the rules. What happened to being a gentleman’s game.

That was the most gentlemanly Go F*&% yourself I have ever seen. Well done by that person for keeping their composure around a real knob. Sadly as he mentioned it is something we all knew already.

Just as I started to like him a little bit, I read this. He's such a d-bag.

That’s crazy I’ve heard stories but that’s unreal... ?*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno this person is Scotland’s crime overlord and by all accounts Ian Poulter is a standup gentleman.

(I kid)

Let's not forget there's two sides to every story and from Poulter side what he said was that he asked the guy where the ball was and he replied somewhere in there but he didn't look because he didn't want to step on it. Poults told him if "he stepped on it then he gets a free drop but if I step on it I get a penalty" then the expletives were poults talking to himself and after the shot he told the Marshall he wasn't mad at him and that he was given him info in case he came across that situation again.

Let's not forget there's two sides to every story and from Poulter side what he said was that he asked the guy where the ball was and he replied somewhere in there but he didn't look because he didn't want to step on it. Poults told him if "he stepped on it then he gets a free drop but if I step on it I get a penalty" then the expletives were poults talking to himself and after the shot he told the Marshall he wasn't mad at him and that he was given him info in case he came across that situation again.
Reading the story it seemed like it could very
Well be a pretty innocent incident that came off wrong because of his reputation.

Well be a pretty innocent incident that came off wrong because of his reputation.

And as is evident on the thread he isn't going to get any love or the benefit of the doubt or both sides of the story

And as is evident on the thread he isn't going to get any love or the benefit of the doubt or both sides of the story

I can see that happening too. For me, nothing to see here.

Man, that was funny! Poults never disappoints. He was an arse during our coverage of puma and an arse now.

This just in....water is wet....

if it was DJ's ball there'd be 50 people stepping on it, maybe even Tiger himself in there

Not surprised in the slightest sadly.

You can't take the spots off a cat. Once a d-bag, always a d-bag.

No surprise but another good example of why we should all root against Ian!!!

Guy is just a complete douche bag. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Nicely written way of calling a bag a bag...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the blogger has pulled the post down now, apparently he was getting abuse from IJP fans.

No, that is not a heading by me or anybody here at THP. But this is sure an interesting story by a volunteer at the Scottish Open.

https://quintinjardine.me/2018/07/14/ian-poulter-is-an-arsehole/
The main link is dead. A follow up post said that the original post has been deleted due to backlash from morons on the internet after Poulter disputed the claims that were made.

At this point it's the Marshalls word vs Poulters, but it is sad that it has come to this.

Never cared for Poulter.

Having personally having heard some of the comments Poulter said a few years at the Tour Championship I am not surprised in the least. He was leaving a meet and greet at the Fed Ex hospitality venue and was using some rather colorful language about having to do the dog and pony show. Total D bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back