2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

This event will spit out a ton of info, subjective and objective. It's awesome to know that every day joes' opinions and results will hit the thp home page!

I look forward to giving my reviews. I just hope someone can benefit from them.

Im really interested to see how the results aggregate across the handicap ranges, whether similar caps will have similar results or if we will see more variation between swing types.

This is gonna be so much better than the magazine tests where who knows if those tests even happen because every driver is the best thing ever in the synopses.

We get to provide first hand accounts and we'll have visual and audio proof to boot!

THP = Setting the standard.

Awesome words JB! Truly bummed I couldn't make this one work but I am excited for everyone attending, excited for the results and the impact they will have!

The journey starts today! Woo!

This is going to be really epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like how this is coming together. I remember when the event was announced, I was super curious how all this was going to turn into digestible material for everyone, and as usual, THP has gone above my expectations.

This is going to be a lot of fun to follow along with

The journey starts today! Woo!

Amen ... I have a red-eye at 1:10 am Phx time ... with 10:30pm super-shuttle pickup tonight! My only hope right now, is I get some sleep on the plane.

I really like how this is coming together. I remember when the event was announced, I was super curious how all this was going to turn into digestible material for everyone, and as usual, THP has gone above my expectations.

This is going to be a lot of fun to follow along with

Thanks. And we still have a lot more coming.

I hate the day before vacation. I always feel like I'm leaving something unfinished and it's worse today because my boss is off for the week and the other person who has knowledge of my main project is away too. Hopefully nothing crashes and burns in the next two days.

Looking forward to hitting drivers with some fun people, playing two great courses, and maybe meeting Mr. B. He sounds like he knows what he's doing!

Like me, based on my post, it will be a bit of a let down, but I still think you will have fun.

I want to add to everybody to make sure on your free time to explore the whole resort, it's a pretty awesome place.

Amen ... I have a red-eye at 1:10 am Phx time ... with 10:30pm super-shuttle pickup tonight! My only hope right now, is I get some sleep on the plane.
Nyquil will help you get your Z's!

Seriously.

Or get some Melatonin. That stuff works really well too.

Quick note to those playing extra rounds and coming from out of state.
There is very little, if any roll on the course. Then add that you are playing at sea level. You can almost always add quite a bit of yards to the yardage listed if you are coming from a place where roll is there on tee shots or you are at a higher altitude.

The Conservatory is the longest course in the state of FL from the back tees. Keep in mind that its not always about the distance you play, but the time it takes to play that distance for those behind you.

There is very little, if any roll on the course. Then add that you are playing at sea level. You can almost always add quite a bit of yards to the yardage listed if you are coming from a place where roll is there on tee shots or you are at a higher altitude.

The Conservatory is the longest course in the state of FL from the back tees. Keep in mind that its not always about the distance you play, but the time it takes to play that distance for those behind you.

Paging Kang

So you are saying that ddec and I shouldnt tip it out this weekend?

You two should definitely play the tips all weekend.

You're starting off last, right?

absotutely. I think he was speaking to those other golfers. You know like that strange dude from Georgia. He's still going right?

You two should definitely play the tips all weekend.

You're starting off last, right?

Oh there you are! I ain't scurrrrd.

I have faith in your ability to go driver driver into some of the par 4's. If you two agree on it on the first tee, driver almost off the deck would definitely get you home in two on several par 4's.

I have faith in your ability to go driver driver into some of the par 4's. If you two agree on it on the first tee, driver almost off the deck would definitely get you home in two on several par 4's.

Will have to add "how does it perform off the deck or almost off the deck" on the notecards

Will have to add "how does it perform off the deck or almost off the deck" on the notecards

I have a feeling drivers will be needed quite a bit on both courses. The wind right off the Atlantic doesn't mess around.

I know its fun to joke and everything about it, and listen, we are not in control of where you play from during extra rounds and frankly don't care. I just think its important to note there are major differences and from someone that has traveled the country hosting events and then playing these courses a ton of times, the distance is a major factor.

I know there are literally never slow downs or long rounds that take place at THP Events, unless you want to count every THP Event, but the truth is, the courses are difficult. But more so, they play long compared to other areas of the country. The Big 10 Championship didn't play from the tips. In fact they played from shorter than the 2nd set of tees too. Now I know everybody here is a long hitter, and the FlightScope is a damn liar, but just wanted to throw it out there so everybody moves along and has a good time. Here is a rundown of the Conservatory distances and ratings.

7776 Yards
Slope of 150
Rating of 78.2

Slope of 145
Rating of 76

Slope of 140
Rating of 73.8

Slope of 130
Rating of 71.3

I always recommend mixing tees to keep it at a decent distance here, and keep things moving on, but again, I am not playing and its not part of the event, so people can do what they want and I am sure will.

Can I just tee it up from about 200 yards out on every hole?!?!? :bulgy-eyes:

If Driver Almost Off The Deck is in play, I am cool with it.

Back