Trying to break 70 club?

I have a 71 this year and I fought to get that score. I'd love to card a sub 70 round some day. I had a good chance a couple weeks ago when I made the turn at -3 but ended up giving all that back in the first 4 holes on the back nine. I gotta work on the mental game! Lol

Yahtzee!!

239636f5045591662d398d6635ecd2a3.jpg

Fantastic.

Hell yes, congrats brother!!!

Nice round big time!

Oh yeeeaaaahhh! Noice

You are the man. So proud of you buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Nate!!!

I was 3 under after 13 yesterday but ran out of daylight.

Nice shooting Nate! Prime shape for your trip to SoCal.

COngrats, Nate!!!

Congrats Nate! What an accomplishment!

That's Big Time right there!

Almost 50 now (10/9) 15-18 yrs ago use to shoot in sixties regularly. .....now anything around par and I'm happy.

This year I've got a 68 with 6 birdies and a 70 with 5 birdies. ......when on better green complexes , my confidence is high and focus is sharp.

Shot 73 today (par 72) and felt like I was close but was playing on aerated greens (last Monday & Tuesday) and missed 6 birdie putts inside of 15 feet. Oh the pain :beat-up:

Shot 73 today (par 72) and felt like I was close but was playing on aerated greens (last Monday & Tuesday) and missed 6 birdie putts inside of 15 feet. Oh the pain :beat-up:

And that's my issue too......get me on clean greens and my chances go up exponentially!

I think I'm in this club now shot a number of low 70s 72 the best in the years but last week got a 71 so hope I can get a high 60 this year.

I think I'm in this club now shot a number of low 70s 72 the best in the years but last week got a 71 so hope I can get a high 60 this year.

What are you doing to get to that magic number below 70? How often to you shoot par or better?

For sure want to do this a few times this year. Have a 70 and a 71 and my par 72 home course. Helps that I play from the whites when my dad is around and have a wedge almost every hole. More of a social than competitive golfer.

Anybody else ever start from the reds and move back on the tees when you shoot under to get the rust knocked off?

Trying to break 70 club?

Sorry, posted on accident and can't delete.

Last edited:
Bumping this. Shot 1 under 71 this week so next is breaking 70. I have had 1 round below 70 last year. Shot 66, was one of those rounds where the stars aligned. I would love to shoot 60's in a tournament but will settle for doing it at my home course.

Back