Play like you are 3 behind. Play to win don't play not to lose...

I like what JNR said, but I would also play to the center of the green unless there is absolutely no trouble around the pin. The pin placements are usually tougher on the last day.

Just play your game. I also agree with DD, play to the middle of the green. Good luck!

Play like you are 3 behind. Play to win don't play not to lose...

I like what JNR said, but I would also play to the center of the green unless there is absolutely no trouble around the pin. The pin placements are usually tougher on the last day.

I like these replies. Just play your game and do not worry about what the other guy is doing.

+1 to all the other replies.

I think it has all been said.
Good Luck!

You could play not to lose, but that never works. Let us know what you did as I am curious as well!

gotta agree with playing like you're three behind. If you're not gonna go for it with all you got, why bother playing in tournaments?

You're +3 ahead. Keep doing what got you there and don't let up on them. This is a gentleman's game but you want to destroy the field. Believe in your abilities!!!

I agree with what everyone else has said. While a PGA tour pro may back off the gas a little, that doesn't usually work for the average player. Keep playing aggressive.

In addition, I feel like this needs to be said. You have to keep your mental game about you. This means when you hit a bad shot, let it go, just play your next shot, and let the bad one go. If you get into some trees, don't play the Phil miracle shot (unless you've practiced it thousands of times I suppose), take a safe shot and limit your loss to maybe a bogey. And remember, even if you lose a stroke on any given hole, chances are, you will gain it back on the next hole, because that's why you are 3 strokes ahead now. One hole or one bad shot will not destroy your round, but your head can destroy your round instantly if you don't keep it in check.

In conclusion, 'positive thoughts.'

Identify the birdie holes and try to get your score down in the safest way. Don't go after tucked pin. Check for the score of your opponents at the turn and readjust your play accordingly. They have to chase you, you don't, so playing safe should carry you through. Good luck!

Play your own game and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Hit the percentage shots, so keep the ball in the fairway and aim for the center of the greens.

Do what you did to get the 3 stroke lead.

Kevin

with a thread title like this, where is smallville?
haha.
Remember its a round like any other. You choose to add anymore significance and pressure to the situation not the other way around.

Been well said by others so I will just say to let us know how it goes in your match and best of luck!!

good luck, play your game!! let us know

Back