5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I had a small bowl of light soy vanilla yogurt (I didn't want to take a dairy pill) and added some fresh blueberries and had that for dessert. That is so much healthier than the cookies and cake I have been eating lately. I also had a cup of 25 calorie and fat free hot chocolate to get my chocolate fix and warm myself up without all the bad stuff. Overall I am pleased with my dessert.

That sounds so healthy and the hot cocoa is something I must buy! I fixed fruit shakes in the blender for us tonight. I used frozen peaches (fresh or canned probably best), 1 orange, 1 banana (not part of recipe), 3/4 cup lowfat milk, 1 cup ice cubes, vanilla, and a little Sweet-N-low. A little cold but it satisfied our craving for ice cream! I think I like it better w/o the banana but I think it would be good with strawberries and banana. The orange gives it an orange sherbet taste. So many healthy things that are good for us if we look for ideas. :)

I had a small bowl of light soy vanilla yogurt (I didn't want to take a dairy pill) and added some fresh blueberries and had that for dessert. That is so much healthier than the cookies and cake I have been eating lately. I also had a cup of 25 calorie and fat free hot chocolate to get my chocolate fix and warm myself up without all the bad stuff. Overall I am pleased with my dessert.

How is soy yogurt? I've never had it before. I'be been on a big greek yogurt kick recently since it is such a protien powerhouse and a firmer texture than most. Hot cocoa sounds delicious right now!

That sounds so healthy and the hot cocoa is something I must buy! I fixed fruit shakes in the blender for us tonight. I used frozen peaches (fresh or canned probably best), 1 orange, 1 banana (not part of recipe), 3/4 cup lowfat milk, 1 cup ice cubes, vanilla, and a little Sweet-N-low. A little cold but it satisfied our craving for ice cream! I think I like it better w/o the banana but I think it would be good with strawberries and banana. The orange gives it an orange sherbet taste. So many healthy things that are good for us if we look for ideas. :)

Those kind of shakes are sooo good and I usually start my day with something similar. I like to get frozen fruit or freeze it myself and skip the ice cube addition.

Just thought I'd share a new breakfast I have been trying. 1/2 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries (no added sugar), and 1/4 cup of fiber one cereal. I mix the yogurt and berries in a tupperware bowl before leaving for work. When I get to work the berries have thawed enough in the yogurt to eat and I mix in the fiber one cereal for a little crunch. Depending on the yogurt you use this should be under 300 calories and it keeps me full till lunch. If you wanted something ready-to-eat you could defrost the berries/banana or just use fresh.

I totally cheated tonight and had pizza. My bad, but tomorrow hell will descend upon me at work and stay here for about 4 months so I needed the happy food :)

At least it was made with fresh veggies, and lots of them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I totally cheated tonight and had pizza. My bad, but tomorrow hell will descend upon me at work and stay here for about 4 months so I needed the happy food :)

At least it was made with fresh veggies, and lots of them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Slipping up is human so don't beat yourself up. With that said, we should keep our eyes on the goal and vision the end result. A healhy, happy, golfer with more strength, flexability, and stamnia. One more thing that will come out of this is a leaner and firmer body which will require new golf outfits for our outing in May. Man that will be exciting looking like a tour pro. Since we don't have the skills we can at least look good huh ? :D Time to get back to the gym today as KellyBo and I took a break yesterday. You have to let your body repair itself after steady gym work. Don't get lazy though and keep the pattern up to the point you will feel lost when you don't workout. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Keep your eyes on the prize and the focus on the end result. We can do it :blob:

Keep those great recipes and desert tips coming. I love sweets and healthy snacks will help with the cravings we have.

I know I could probably make my own hot cocoa but the packaged stuff isn't bad for you. I buy the swiss miss 25 calorie kind and it's all the chocolate fix I need. Cures my chocolate cravings and is great on a cold night. The hardest part for me is not adding marshmallows but I have learned to resist.

As Dirt Guy said below the frozen berries are actually better than the fresh. If you use frozen berries you don't need the ice because they act as the ice. Some berries and low fat vanilla yogurt always make a great smoothie. You can even add honey or peanut butter (it's high in fat but good fat and protein) and that always tastes good too. The options for healthy smoothies seems endless.

How is soy yogurt? I've never had it before. I'be been on a big greek yogurt kick recently since it is such a protien powerhouse and a firmer texture than most. Hot cocoa sounds delicious right now!

Those kind of shakes are sooo good and I usually start my day with something similar. I like to get frozen fruit or freeze it myself and skip the ice cube addition.

The soy yogurt isn't too bad. It's not as sweet as regular yogurt but has the same texture. Since I added some fresh blueberries the lack of sweetness wasn't an issue but if I were to eat it plain I would notice it more. I am lactose intolerant so I try to eat soy products over dairy products as much as possible. It's more expensive but it beats me having to take a dairy pill every time I want to enjoy a snack.

Greek yogurt is great too and I think I might start buying that again. I wish they made it with goats milk so I didn't have to take a pill but it's not that big of a deal. I am also a huge fan of cottage cheese. Did you know you could add that to smoothies too and it gives it an extra creamy texture? I read somewhere that dates are also a great way to make a smoothie feel extra creamy like you got it at a smoothie shop.

Great job everyone, just reading up on the thread keeps me motivated! Loving all the food ideas. As for the weekly weigh in, I'm down 2 lbs! Let's keep it up everyone!

Congratulations!!! I love seeing everyone's progress. :clapp:

I am off to the gym right now. I have my second session with my trainer. I am leaving a little early to get some cardio and stretching in. Have a great day everyone!

Great job everyone, just reading up on the thread keeps me motivated! Loving all the food ideas. As for the weekly weigh in, I'm down 2 lbs! Let's keep it up everyone!

The soy yogurt isn't too bad. It's not as sweet as regular yogurt but has the same texture. Since I added some fresh blueberries the lack of sweetness wasn't an issue but if I were to eat it plain I would notice it more. I am lactose intolerant so I try to eat soy products over dairy products as much as possible. It's more expensive but it beats me having to take a dairy pill every time I want to enjoy a snack.

Greek yogurt is great too and I think I might start buying that again. I wish they made it with goats milk so I didn't have to take a pill but it's not that big of a deal. I am also a huge fan of cottage cheese. Did you know you could add that to smoothies too and it gives it an extra creamy texture? I read somewhere that dates are also a great way to make a smoothie feel extra creamy like you got it at a smoothie shop.

Gotcha. I have a slight lactose intolerance but I can handle a glass of milk or the equivalent without any problems. I might have to give the soy a test run though.

Call me crazy, but I actually buy plain yogurt. To flavor it up I'll add some berries, homemade jelly/preserves, honey, or protien powder. Hmmm... I've never thought of adding cottage cheese or dates in the blender. I might have to try that as well. Most of the time I just use milk, yogurt, frozen berries, a bananna, and unsweetened cherry or acai juice to make a quick smoothie breakfast.

I'll be perambulating over to the gym myself shortly. I'm not as hard core as you folks. I do some tread mill, very light weights, resistance bands, and then stretching. At my age the most important thing for me is stretching. I want to keep loose and limber. :)

I'll be perambulating over to the gym myself shortly. I'm not as hard core as you folks. I do some tread mill, very light weights, resistance bands, and then stretching. At my age the most important thing for me is stretching. I want to keep loose and limber. :)

There you go Sean! A little bit of exercise is much better than none at all.... Have fun with it. Roll with the tide and before long you will look back, and say wow. One thing I have found out about exercise, is you can't expect a miracle over night. An inch at a tiime will eventually make a yard. Keep at it long eough and you can look back across a whole football field ! The main thing that we are working towards (Team THP Health Group) is a life style change. While changing from bad health patterns to good health patterns is a huge task, we can do it. We can become the person we want to be. It's out there for the taking. Do we want it bad enough? We shall see.

Well said Gray. I was told that for my age I'm very flexible (in the physical sense LOL). I want to keep it that way so I can continue to make a full shoulder turn etc. I'm not much of a gym person. During the golf season I alway walk, unless it's a tournament then we have to ride. So my exercise consists of walking and stretching.

By the way, do you remember Dana Quigley, the former Iron Man of the Champions Tour? He never practiced or exercised. All he did, he said, is play golf. :)

Well said Gray. I was told that for my age I'm very flexible (in the physical sense LOL). I want to keep it that way so I can continue to make a full shoulder turn etc. I'm not much of a gym person. During the golf season I alway walk, unless it's a tournament then we have to ride. So my exercise consists of walking and stretching.

By the way, do you remember Dana Quigley, the former Iron Man of the Champions Tour? He never practiced or exercised. All he did, he said, is play golf. :)

Yep I remember Dana and he did what was best for him. Good point and there were others like him. Bruce Litzsky (spelling might be wrong) was similar to Dana.

Congratulations!!! I love seeing everyone's progress. :clapp:

I am off to the gym right now. I have my second session with my trainer. I am leaving a little early to get some cardio and stretching in. Have a great day everyone!

Thanks! It's great to see everybody feeding off each other!

Gotcha. I have a slight lactose intolerance but I can handle a glass of milk or the equivalent without any problems. I might have to give the soy a test run though.

Call me crazy, but I actually buy plain yogurt. To flavor it up I'll add some berries, homemade jelly/preserves, honey, or protien powder. Hmmm... I've never thought of adding cottage cheese or dates in the blender. I might have to try that as well. Most of the time I just use milk, yogurt, frozen berries, a bananna, and unsweetened cherry or acai juice to make a quick smoothie breakfast.

All of those are great options! That's what is so great about smoothies. There are a million ways to make them and make them healthy.

So I just got back from the gym and I had a killer workout. I did 40 minutes of cardio and had my 30 minutes session with the trainer. I can barely walk and it feels great! They have this Warrior Dash thing that they are doing tomorrow morning and my trainer said I should go. It sounds INTENSE but he said I can handle it and I can go at my own pace. If I can walk tomorrow morning I think I might do it. They call it the obstacle course from hell and it turns out to be about a 3+ mile run that is broken up over crazy obstacles and it lasts about 45 minutes. I don't think I am up to it yet but if he says I won't make a fool of myself and I feel physically OK tomorrow then I am going to give it a try.

All of those are great options! That's what is so great about smoothies. There are a million ways to make them and make them healthy.

So I just got back from the gym and I had a killer workout. I did 40 minutes of cardio and had my 30 minutes session with the trainer. I can barely walk and it feels great! They have this Warrior Dash thing that they are doing tomorrow morning and my trainer said I should go. It sounds INTENSE but he said I can handle it and I can go at my own pace. If I can walk tomorrow morning I think I might do it. They call it the obstacle course from hell and it turns out to be about a 3+ mile run that is broken up over crazy obstacles and it lasts about 45 minutes. I don't think I am up to it yet but if he says I won't make a fool of myself and I feel physically OK tomorrow then I am going to give it a try.
That sounds really fun. I don't think you will get bored at that gym.

I know some people that have done the warrior dash, first off, you get a free viking helmet for signing up, thats enough for me to do it. hehe. In all seriousness,
I knew 3 girls who did it and said it was awesome. Take shoes you dont care to get dirty if you go. and you get free beer after

I know some people that have done the warrior dash, first off, you get a free viking helmet for signing up, thats enough for me to do it. hehe. In all seriousness,
I knew 3 girls who did it and said it was awesome. Take shoes you dont care to get dirty if you go. and you get free beer after

FREE BEER at the end! I don't care what you have to go through, I am down!

I just got on the scale and am happy to report a 6 pound loss since the thread started. Feeling good about that.

I just got on the scale and am happy to report a 6 pound loss since the thread started. Feeling good about that.

Way to go Clam Fist... keep it up!

That sounds really fun. I don't think you will get bored at that gym.

First congrats on the 6lb weight loss! They offer so many great classes and the trainer sets me up with workouts for when we aren't together so I think this is going to be great.

Yeah it sounds intense but a lot of fun. When he first told me about it I thought 'No Way' but he said I can do it and I can go at my own pace so I think it might be worth a try. He said you jump over flames at one point...that's crazy!

So I just posted a separate thread but one of the more exciting moments at the gym today was stretching next to a very famous athlete. I had hear rumors of some of the local athletes working out at the gym but this was the first time I saw one. His arms are even bigger in person.

Wow, this thread is on fire!:joy: Everyone is so pumped. Gray is at the gym or the golf course. He is more of an early bird than I am. I better get off my rump and get to the gym to do a little workout before I head to the course. I'm waiting on the 1pm tee time when it's the warmest! So proud of everyone's motivation and successes so far! Keeps me going even though it would be so easy to be lazy today!

Back