Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Nothing like a new ball!!

Also, what is it with yellow balls? Seems in the US you lot like playing with them?

I cant remember the last time i saw anyone playing with a yellow ball over here....

I'd like to see how these feel and perform...I like the brightness of the others balls in their line.

Nothing like a new ball!!

Also, what is it with yellow balls? Seems in the US you lot like playing with them?

I cant remember the last time i saw anyone playing with a yellow ball over here....

Some people really like the visibility. Me included actually.

Some people really like the visibility. Me included actually.

Yea, me too. I also like that there is normally no doubt as to which ball is mine.

Intrigued for sure. Whatever makes the ball soft I like haha. Unless it's too soft.

Would you use white in a certain light condition or is it yellow all the time?

Would you use white in a certain light condition or is it yellow all the time?

I change all the time. But I love the yellow. It works great in the FL sun and I always know which is my ball.

ahh the old Florida sun....no wonder nobody uses them over here! Wall to wall grey!

ahh the old Florida sun....no wonder nobody uses them over here! Wall to wall grey!

Now wouldnt yellow stand out more against gray than white? :alien:

More insider info from OG!

We got a batch of new srixon balls at our course and KellyBo has been playing them recently. She will probably throw her 2 cents in when she gets back home from an outing. I am not sure if they are the exact same ball as this one but it is a pre release ball.

+1 more companies need to embrace the yellow

Its pretty cool that as soon as they launch theyre available in yellow. Great price too

As many said, very nice price point. They appear to be priced close to the tri-speed. I am a fan of srixzon balls and will buy a few dozen to spray around

I cant wait to try these out. Its a great price point!!

For the price I may have to try a few.

JB said:
Now wouldnt yellow stand out more against gray than white?

You may well be right, however i'd get fed up of literally EVERYONE i play with taking the p*ss. Its bad enough with my sun mountain trolley and the 'pram' (stroller for you americans??) joke.

:at-wits-end::D

Seems like they are at a good price point, Im sure a lot of people will be giving them a shot, myself included. I had never been much of a Srixon fan, I had never put one of their balls in play, until the other day. A friend of mine gave me a Z-Star to use, and I must admint, its a pretty decent golf ball. It lacked some of the distance I get out of my ProV1x's or my Callaway Tour I(s)or(z), but still a good ball none the less.

Would these be going after the golfers using the E6 maybe?

I change all the time. But I love the yellow. It works great in the FL sun and I always know which is my ball.

I definitely agree on the "which ball is mine" thing, but I played a dozen Z-Stars to get the year going and myself as well as a handful of my playing partners felt that they were actually harder to see than standard white in the "Ohio sun" haha!

Strange how it works.. I'll be sure to save a few for the Outing next year to see if it's just my silly State weather.

Wonder what the difference is between the Soft-Feel? Or is it just a better marketed soft-feel? Which would make sense since soft-feel doesn't sound cool.

I play Srixon soft-feel and E6's. But typically go e6 because I can get them in orange. Why don't more companies make orange balls?

Would these be going after the golfers using the E6 maybe?

Not sure they are going after anything really other than continuing their line. If I had to give my early thoughts I would say e6 with a slighter spinnier cover if that makes sense.

Wonder what the difference is between the Soft-Feel? Or is it just a better marketed soft-feel? Which would make sense since soft-feel doesn't sound cool.

I play Srixon soft-feel and E6's. But typically go e6 because I can get them in orange. Why don't more companies make orange balls?

I blame Rickie Fowler. :D

I really like that co's are starting to introduce premium balls or near-premium balls at a great price point. Especially under $30/dozen

Looks like a great ball. At this price point I will definately be trying these out.

I will be giving these a try when they come out..... Love price...

Used orange and yellow balls in the mid 80's, the yellow were much easier to see in most conditions.

I think it's interesting that people (me included) assume this is a premium/Tour level ball. The STAR name immediately made me think it was a certain type of ball.

I think it's interesting that people (me included) assume this is a premium/Tour level ball. The STAR name immediately made me think it was a certain type of ball.

I think that's exactly what Srixon is intending. My hunch is they are trying to create stronger branding around the name "STAR". At the price point, there's no way this is a tour ball, but people might think there's a strong family resemblance to the Z-Star, and give it a go.

I love the Z-STAR and I also play it in yellow. There's a lot of fog in this area, and I do find the yellow easier to see in misty or dim conditions.

Back