Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

Whoever is selected will have a great responsibility. This testing won't be for the faint of heart.

This is totally true! It takes a lot of commitment to get out there and test these products properly. I have made a couple 2 hour drives to get launch data on the Heavy Driver and I have been trying to get to the range either early before work or during my lunch break so I can provide useful feedback on the driver. One this is absolutely true, I have become a better driver because of my testing! Getting the chance to test the SCOR system could be game changing not only because the technology is game changing, but the time required to test these out properly is going to do wonders for the testers short game. The one great thing about testing short game stuff is most courses have a short game area that doesn't cost anything to use. I often go to the OSU golf course at 6am before work. It has a fantastic short game area with a gigantic green with about 12 holes on it and you can take shots from 150 yards in from any direction and out of various lies. This has been huge for my short game and now I feel like what used to be my weakness is now a strong part of my game and all of that practice was FREE! The testers are going to need to put a lot of time in to give these clubs the testing they deserve!

I like the concept and idea behind the SCOR system, but I'm quite skeptical. I don't know if wedges with 9i loft is the best thing for your weekend hacker. I think the guys that are trying to take half-3/4 shots with these clubs trying to control spin and trajectory makes sense.... but the weekend hacker that is just trying to get the ball on the green. I would typically argue that most golfers need more forgiveness in their irons/wedges and a ball that spins less and flies straighter.

But who knows maybe these wedges are that good. I do really like that they are suggesting clubs/wedges with even spaced gaps where most golfers will have predictable yardage differences.

I'll be looking forward to hearing the testers thoughts on these. Hopefully we can get a nice range of high to low handicappers testing these out. Although I am skeptical I am extremely interested and have played a quite a bit on their website myself...

I like the concept and idea behind the SCOR system, but I'm quite skeptical. I don't know if wedges with 9i loft is the best thing for your weekend hacker. I think the guys that are trying to take half-3/4 shots with these clubs trying to control spin and trajectory makes sense.... but the weekend hacker that is just trying to get the ball on the green. I would typically argue that most golfers need more forgiveness in their irons/wedges and a ball that spins less and flies straighter.

But who knows maybe these wedges are that good. I do really like that they are suggesting clubs/wedges with even spaced gaps where most golfers will have predictable yardage differences.

I'll be looking forward to hearing the testers thoughts on these. Hopefully we can get a nice range of high to low handicappers testing these out. Although I am skeptical I am extremely interested and have played a quite a bit on their website myself...

not just them but to any golfer who isnt used to it is gonna take some transition.

I can't disagree more, respectfully of course. I feel that the weekend warrior gets in trouble when tryiong to hit half to 3/4 shots with clubs they normally hit full. These clubs if spaced out correctly could improve some of the shots by the weekend golfer.
I have played with more ppl that complain that had too much or too little club, basically betwen clubs. This always ends up turning out badly. A wedge system may help in clearing this hurdle, Just my thoughts.

I can't disagree more, respectfully of course. I feel that the weekend warrior gets in trouble when tryiong to hit half to 3/4 shots with clubs they normally hit full. These clubs if spaced out correctly could improve some of the shots by the weekend golfer.
I have played with more ppl that complain that had too much or too little club, basically betwen clubs. This always ends up turning out badly. A wedge system may help in clearing this hurdle, Just my thoughts.

+1 it appears that these are going to have some forgiveness, I see dished out areas on the back of the lower lofted clubs in the pics.

the whole idea of this is for game improvement so im assuming they would be a tad forgiving

I believe there is some progression of playability and forgiveness throughout the system. I will say they are coming from a good pedigree and they are putting a lot into the SCOR system... so we will see...

That is why it is nice to see feedback from honest testing at a place that is as great as :thp:...

I e-mailed a question regarding the groves for these wedges. This was the response I got.

Hello Mr. Brown,
Thank you for the message. We appreciate your interest in our new SCOR line of short irons.
As for the grooves, they really spin it. They are CNC milled and they are USGA approved and legal for play.
I hope that helps a bit.
If you have any further questions or if I can do anything to assist you, please let me know. I’m here to help.
Sincerely,

Beau

Well we know they are conforming. Just didn't see it on the site. Maybe its just a matter of fact these days.

I agree with this completely. 1/2 & 3/4 shots, from distance, are one of the many banes of a good score for me. The other part of this system that I like is if I fully implement it, I am going to narrow my yardage gaps and potentially take more full swings. Certainly there will be times I MUST finesse the ball into the green but if I'm playing with a 8-10 yard gap rather than a 10-15 I will have more confidence. Their literature on the website extols the virtues of the new grip they have developed to enable us to know exactly where to grip down to in order to enable us to take even more full swings. Add to that the V-Sole grind and hopefully I will have the confidence required to hit the 60* wedge from any lie. Currently, I don't even consider hitting my 60 from a tight lie... It's just out of the question for me!

Among the many reasons I'm looking forward to this review, the stuff I mentioned above is paramount to me. Certainly, anyone that decides to go to this system will have a learning curve. That said, I had to learn a whole new set of yardages when I got my new irons. Anytime we get new clubs we have to learn how to use them correctly. Perhaps this system won't be for everyone, just like the <name that driver> isn't for everyone.

I e-mailed a question regarding the groves for these wedges. This was the response I got.

Hello Mr. Brown,
Thank you for the message. We appreciate your interest in our new SCOR line of short irons.
As for the grooves, they really spin it. They are CNC milled and they are USGA approved and legal for play.
I hope that helps a bit.
If you have any further questions or if I can do anything to assist you, please let me know. I’m here to help.
Sincerely,

Beau

Well we know they are conforming. Just didn't see it on the site. Maybe its just a matter of fact these days.

i think its awesome that they responded with an actual answer. its comforting to know that a company is willing to take the time and answer questions

I still just sit and daydream about these! ARGH!!!

i hope these things are sitting on JB's front porch when he gets home so we can find out who gets these sexy beasts

i hope these things are sitting on JB's front porch when he gets home so we can find out who gets these sexy beasts

I thought part of the testing was having the testers custom fit using the website so I don't think we are waiting for them to arrive at THP HQ.

I thought part of the testing was having the testers custom fit using the website so I don't think we are waiting for them to arrive at THP HQ.

you may be correct i was just saying IM EXCITED lol

i think its awesome that they responded with an actual answer. its comforting to know that a company is willing to take the time and answer questions

Customer care is everything and these guys seem to care very much about that and their product.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

you may be correct i was just saying IM EXCITED lol

I know what you mean. I keep jumping in thread to see if it has been announced. Likely not til after the Morgan Cup I'm guessing. Not sure why more OEM's don't offer more wedge options. I would love my PW to match my wedges vs. my irons.

Last edited:
Guys, there is very little chance the testers are going to be announced before early next week. They will most likely be shipped directly to the testers.

You know what screw it, I am putting in my application, even though I don't have 50 posts - yet.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I play Vokey SM 55 & 60 (sometimes the 50 as well in place of my iron GW)
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? (Yes and No, I went to get fitted and they told me I was fine with standard.)
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? (I carry 4 PW, GW, SW, LW)
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? (I look for good techonology for spin, sole playability, as well)
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? (If selected, I have an excellent nearby practice facility and will be able to record all sessions and document my experience. I think what will seperate me is that I am obsessed with wedges and have lots of vokeys to compare the SCORS to)

I just saw that I have 50 posts! Woo-hoo!

They will most likely be shipped directly to the testers.
I'd suggest this is 100% correct, especially as those chosen will be testing everything, from the online fitting process through to actually using the system.

Very exciting that's for sure!

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my SCORFIT

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 42° - 135-139 Yards
SCOR4161 46° - 122-126 Yards
SCOR4161 50° - 111-115 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 101-105 Yards
SCOR4161 58° - 92-96 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 132-136 Yards
SCOR4161 48° - 117-121 Yards
SCOR4161 53° - 104-108 Yards
SCOR4161 58° - 92-96 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft: GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex

Since everybody else is doing it, I might as well too. Here is my ScorFit:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 42° - 144-148 Yards
SCOR4161 46° - 130-134 Yards
SCOR4161 50° - 119-123 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 108-112 Yards
SCOR4161 58° - 98-102 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 140-144 Yards
SCOR4161 48° - 125-129 Yards
SCOR4161 53° - 111-115 Yards
SCOR4161 58° - 98-102 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft:
GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm

this is going to be a tough but good job for the testers. short game is a lot about feel and comfort and these may change that perception.

will be interesting to see short and long term the benefits or hinderence that these clubs give to testers..

1. What wedges do you normally play? AP2 PW, Cleveland 900 52*, Vokey 58*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Driver and irons are. The rest are fitted as new clubs are aquired.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Feel and spin
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play multiple times per week, so I would be able to give frequent updates about how these performed.

I just came home from my first range session with my new Eidolon wedges. Three words... HOLY FREAKIN' WOW!!!

After my first experience swinging their wares, I feel like I must test these new clubs!

Back