tial

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play with R11 Irons with Stiff shafts and I was wondering why my ball flight is so high? Is it because of my shaft or swing? I know I currently loose couple yards because the ball flight is so high and would like to correct that.

T.I.A. :act-up:

KBS Tour 90s? If so they are a higher launching shaft. There are several more qualified people on the forum to talk about this though.

Could be the shaft, could be the swing. When you say you are losing yards, is that compared to another set of irons?

Shaft fitting.

Could be the shaft, but I'd say it depends more on the swing, but of course a fitting should be done. I've been recently testing a bit with the difference with KBS Tour Stiff vs. DG S300. With the same clubhead, shaft length and ball, the difference in ball flight is still quite small, I'd say the swing is still the thing that counts.

@ Blugold: How much does a shaft fitting usually cost?

@ Hawk: I just assume I am loosing yard because of how high the ball goes instead of mid-flight.

In the end, you could actually be gaining yards because of carry. Unless you are seeing ballooning of some sort, or have a comparison where you hit something farther, the only way to tell is to go compare with other irons or get a shaft fitting.

@ Blugold: How much does a shaft fitting usually cost?

Depends on where you get it done. See if there's a Golftec near you. They are one of the best out there for this sort of thing.

It's really probably a little of both, as others have said the only way to know for sure is a shaft fitting.

Depends on where you get it done. See if there's a Golftec near you. They are one of the best out there for this sort of thing.

I actually have 2 Golftec's where I am located but I don't want to get it done if its like $1,000 cause I don't have the funds right now.

Back