Yonex Demo Day Review

Probably my biggest curiosity was these clubs since they are not readily available at the retailers I frequent. That being said, I was only able to hit the Yonex EZone forged cavity iron. It came stock with a Nippon NS1050 Pro shaft, I believe. Good combo, shaft doesn't readily agree with me but I had some decent strikes with it. Typical forged response to off center hits (it hurt a little). Good, solid offerings but nothing in the realm of earth shattering.

Probably my biggest curiosity was these clubs since they are not readily available at the retailers I frequent. That being said, I was only able to hit the Yonex EZone forged cavity iron. It came stock with a Nippon NS1050 Pro shaft, I believe. Good combo, shaft doesn't readily agree with me but I had some decent strikes with it. Typical forged response to off center hits (it hurt a little). Good, solid offerings but nothing in the realm of earth shattering.

That's because you have Chinese in your sig, not Japanese! Hiragana FTW!

So, sight unseen would you guys and gals part with the cashola for one of these hybrids? Since no one has said they are buying one maybe the price exceeds performance?

The Yonex E-Zone ( SGI ) iron :
This was the very first iron I picked up in the 6 iron NP 50 EX Stiff Graphite shaft ( red shaft ) , and man what a surprise !!! I liked how it sit at address it has a minium offset and was not a heavy or light club , just had that right swing weight .
I hit a full bucket of balls with this iron as it has a wonderfull feeling . These had a nice ball flight for me and were long and straight .
If I was looking for a set of sticks when I went to this outing , this would of been the set I would of been purchasing when I got home , I liked these that much .

I hit the driver and was not all that impressed , can not remember what loft or shaft it had in it , but when I hit this club it had a real high flex point for me , I could actually feel it kick almost to the bottom of the grip . I had a hard time keeping it straight and had no problem hooking this thing , and my shot is a fade to a slice .

Never got to hit the hybrids as some clubs never made it back to their areas when people were done hitting them .

Ezone hybrid--Best hybrid for me as well. Pretty much everything I said about the iron can be said for the hybrid. Maybe the ball flight was a little lower but it was still a good ball flight. The feel was fantastic and I didn't mishit one shot with this club. I would game it in a heartbeat

Yonex needs to look at their pricing structure. Bring those prices down and you will sell more clubs

Appears to be the same cost as the Titleist 910H. How much better then it are we talking CL or about the same?

I hit the Yonex hybrid at the demo day and I was slightly impressed. It hit great and was very solid. I just don't think that it can kick the Mashie out of the bag. There was a little bit of inconsistency with it. I seemed to have a small fade with it.

I may have skimmed a little and missed it, but does the driver have any adjustability?

I may have skimmed a little and missed it, but does the driver have any adjustability?

No adjustability on these drivers.

Yonex was absolutely incredible all around. Even to the staff bag(its such a good looking bag).
Everything of YOnex I hit just was incredible feeling. I kind of agree with the group here that the price points are going to stray people from these clubs, and that sucks but it is what it is. If these clubs were priced lower I really think they would sell like hot cakes. From irons, drivers, to hybrids, every piece of Yonex equipment just flat out performed well for me. The feel of a pure shot with this line was incredible all the way through. I came away very impressed.

I saw on Yonex's website they make their own graphite shafts. Any opinions on how these held up compared with the more mainstream shafts?

How much more are these vs a comparable brand? If I came away from a demo day feeling as good as some of you are about this hybrid, I would have a hard time NOT buying it! If less than a $100 more and getting rave reviews, seems like a slam dunk.

Appears to be the same cost as the Titleist 910H. How much better then it are we talking CL or about the same?

Honestly the Yonex blew it away IMO

Honestly the Yonex blew it away IMO

Now that is what I like to hear! Seems the quality is there so maybe the higher cost is justified. I wish they did a 5H as well as the 3/4 but oh well. Wonder where I can find these locally...

Of all the Yonex gear, I was able to hit some of the EZone irons. In my notes I have 950 GH written down for the model (I think, might be the shaft). These had a steel shaft and looked really really good. The feel of these was right up there with some of the best irons I hit at demo day. The forgiveness was decent, not incredible but certainly helped out on my mis-hits. They had good distance, and controllable ball flight. Overall, a very solid offering that I would put on my short list of must try clubs.

Ezone irons.

Surprise of the outing for me. I was pretty worn out by the time I got to these, and had zero expectations as I really had no idea Yonex provided golf equipment. Got hold of a 6i with the NP50EX graphite shaft in regular flex and proceeded to hit 15-20 flush shots right down the middle with exactly the kind of ball flight I've been looking for. I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing, and had a hard time putting the club down. Just one more ..

Thought best iron of the day were between the TM burners, Cally Razr or the Adams Redline and then these puppies comes along and takes the cake. I hear they're a bit pricy, but with those results I really don't care. Problem is I've yet to see 'em for sale anywhere.

EZONE Drivers- Straight, easy to align and a good ball flight. I loved the sound and liked the driver a lot.
EZONE Irons- Easy to look at at address and pleasing to the eye. Good feel all around. Shafting issues gave me a slight fade, which was expected.
EZONE Hybrids- These were my least favorite of their line, but still performed well and it looked good at address.
EZONE FW Woods- Very strong, solid and long. These were my favorite of the bunch.

Aesthetically they were some of the prettiest clubs out at demo day from the driver to the irons. I'll also agree that the headcovers were nice. I was impressed with their equipment and I've never picked up anything of theirs except a racquetball racquet.

Thank you Yonex for reintroducing us to your equipment. It was a pleasant surprise to see all of the offerings available to us to hit and I think consumers will be very pleasantly surprised with your new line.

Mr. Blind 9 really loved the feel of the hybrids. We have the Yonex national sales rep coming into the store to discuss us possibly carrying their stuff. Anyone have any questions for him? Mr. Blind 9 plans to get on the simulator with some of the clubs he didn't get to demo at the Demo Day.

Thanks Yonex for providing us the opportunity to test at the Demo Day!

does anyone know pricing and availability on the new E-Zone line

Would be happy to provide you with pricing and availability. PM me and let me know what you are interested in and I can send you the info.

Following the advice of others I picked up the hybrid and began hitting some fantastic shots.

I loved the weighting- slightly heAvier- and for me it was easier to maintain a consistent plane.

I just went through my notes again and they made me really want to find a place to try these. I think after my round today a trip to PGA SS is in order to see if any Yonex is there.

I just went through my notes again and they made me really want to find a place to try these. I think after my round today a trip to PGA SS is in order to see if any Yonex is there.

Yeah I do miss those Yonex. None of my local stores have them

Id bag the hybrid like yoccos does tablets.

Id bag the hybrid like yoccos does tablets.

That's funny because he bags tablets like you do drivers:alien:

I would game that hybrid and those graphite shafted irons - that's right I'm serious

I have been to my local PGA SS multiple times in the last 2 weeks and think that I have seen just about every single OEM that was at the demo day other than Yonex. I have seen good selections of Heavy (putters/wedges) and Srixon's complete line...but no Yonex.

Thats a bummer. Wanting to hit those hybrid and irons again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back