Recap & Review - 2015 THP Legacy

Great recaps everyone! I really enjoyed following this event and the recaps are even better. Keep the pictures coming!

Sitting down to dinner with my wife. I got home after she was asleep last night and she was up early to go to work and I stayed home so we haven't really talked much. She asked me about everything and I kid you not, 2 seconds into it, I started tearing up like a little girl. My emotions are just all over the place. It's such a special bond you create with these guys and then everyone goes their separate ways and it hits you like a ton of bricks that all of us will probably never be together again. That is a crappy reality.

DevRickus;3904420 [B said:
Shakey[/B] - Tom, you are a mystery on a golf course. You look so intense and then 2 seconds later I see a big smile or hear you cracking a joke. It's pretty darn fun to watch and playing the round of your life on Sunday doesnt suck either. It's always awesome to see someone put in so much work and see it pay off when it needs to.
Thanks Dev. Early in life, it was all the intense/hyper competitive side. As I've aged I've mellowed and figured out that I shouldn't just focus on the destination, the journey to get there is just or more important.

Sitting down to dinner with my wife. I got home after she was asleep last night and she was up early to go to work and I stayed home so we haven't really talked much. She asked me about everything and I kid you not, 2 seconds into it, I started tearing up like a little girl. My emotions are just all over the place. It's such a special bond you create with these guys and then everyone goes their separate ways and it hits you like a ton of bricks that all of us will probably never be together again. That is a crappy reality.

Grab your Captain's mug and say "Please fill this"...

Grab your Captain's mug and say "Please fill this"...
Haha I am trying to avoid anything Legacy related. I am really a sobbing little girl right now. I don't think my wife realized how much this meant to me. She does now.

Great job with the recaps everyone. It was a pleasure to following along as your Legacy's were created

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Video! THP is just so amazing. Constantly out doing themselves.

On to Friday at the range. We get there a bit early and enjoy some French toast from the restaurant which was outstanding and a great start to the day. We finally get word that we can do the walk down to the range. The walk down was filled with excitement while we knew what clubs we were getting no one knew the extras or bags etc. When we got down we did some photos and it was time to jump into our bags. I cant say this enough but THANK YOU to all the sponsors Bridgestone, Wilson, KBS, and Lamkin. They all knocked it out of the park. Way Way out of the park. I didnt know what to expect but all the extras towel,umbrella, multiple gloves and dozens of balls it was all to much. I worked on getting my clubs dialed in the driver started off a bit rough and I jumped on the trackman the three balls I hit were so bad I didnt even look at numbers I put such a bad swing on the ball I was so amped up. At that point I started to groove irons and moved on to the fairway wood and hybrid which Bridgestone fairways and hybrids may be some of the most underrated clubs out there.

After a bit I decided to grab the driver again I started getting the feel for it and started putting them out there. I mess around all the time and like to have a good time so I decided I needed to try my Bridgestone 715 8.5 whiteboard X flex driver off the deck. Honestly I didnt even think I would get it airborn but I got it pretty well little did I know the entire time Corey from Bridgestone was standing behind me watching the whole thing. First thing out of his mouth is the new marketing campaign best driver off the deck it got a good laugh out of me. Corey had me do a video for him which was just an amazing feeling. I cant say enough about both the reps that came they were Rockstars dialing us in.

On to the Friday practice round I played with Gregg, Patrick and CJ . Gregg and I took on Patrick and CJ in best ball as well as Gregg and I had our own little singles match. First hole we all hit drives in the fairway then proceed to slap the ball around and I take the hole with a double bogey. From that point on I played pretty darn good golf though. We all had a blast and Our best ball match ended AS. I was able to take Gregg down 5 and 3 so it gave me a bit of a boost going into the weekend (thanks for letting me win Gregg) as I was super nervous about singles. I think I ended up shooting a 38 or 39 with the double on 1 and a triple on the last hole.

Dinner was Great Friday and the pairings announcement was awesome to be a part of hearing who we would be playing. Tom and I drew Orange Hog and Erky in the morning round and Orange Hog and Martsy in Alt Shot. After some more chatting and hanging out it was off to bed.

Saturday and Sunday coming soon.

On to Friday at the range. We get there a bit early and enjoy some French toast from the restaurant which was outstanding and a great start to the day. We finally get word that we can do the walk down to the range. The walk down was filled with excitement while we knew what clubs we were getting no one knew the extras or bags etc. When we got down we did some photos and it was time to jump into our bags. I cant say this enough but THANK YOU to all the sponsors Bridgestone, Wilson, KBS, and Lamkin. They all knocked it out of the park. Way Way out of the park. I didnt know what to expect but all the extras towel,umbrella, multiple gloves and dozens of balls it was all to much. I worked on getting my clubs dialed in the driver started off a bit rough and I jumped on the trackman the three balls I hit were so bad I didnt even look at numbers I put such a bad swing on the ball I was so amped up. At that point I started to groove irons and moved on to the fairway wood and hybrid which Bridgestone fairways and hybrids may be some of the most underrated clubs out there.

After a bit I decided to grab the driver again I started getting the feel for it and started putting them out there. I mess around all the time and like to have a good time so I decided I needed to try my Bridgestone 715 8.5 whiteboard X flex driver off the deck. Honestly I didnt even think I would get it airborn but I got it pretty well little did I know the entire time Corey from Bridgestone was standing behind me watching the whole thing. First thing out of his mouth is the new marketing campaign best driver off the deck it got a good laugh out of me. Corey had me do a video for him which was just an amazing feeling. I cant say enough about both the reps that came they were Rockstars dialing us in.

On to the Friday practice round I played with Gregg, Patrick and CJ . Gregg and I took on Patrick and CJ in best ball as well as Gregg and I had our own little singles match. First hole we all hit drives in the fairway then proceed to slap the ball around and I take the hole with a double bogey. From that point on I played pretty darn good golf though. We all had a blast and Our best ball match ended AS. I was able to take Gregg down 5 and 3 so it gave me a bit of a boost going into the weekend (thanks for letting me win Gregg) as I was super nervous about singles. I think I ended up shooting a 38 or 39 with the double on 1 and a triple on the last hole.

Dinner was Great Friday and the pairings announcement was awesome to be a part of hearing who we would be playing. Tom and I drew Orange Hog and Erky in the morning round and Orange Hog and Martsy in Alt Shot. After some more chatting and hanging out it was off to bed.

Saturday and Sunday coming soon.
Dude you got to kick it with "hydro corey" how cool is that?

Lynchburg - Pat, you are intense on the course but I cant count the amount of times I saw you smiling this weekend. It was really awesome to see and you played your butt off. Like I told you a few times, shake off the bad shots because when you look back on this you wont remember them. And next time, make sure your teammate moves the rake on #4 on TB haha.

Dev thanks so much man. Yeah I can get a little instese here and there, I blame it on being short. Thank you for the support and keeping my sprites up even when I was a low point and playing bad. I enjoyed getting to meet you and look forward to see you down the road some time. I don't think I have stopped smiling since I got home and have told everyone about how it went. Seems that I can remember all of my good shot and only around 2-3 of my dad shot. Selective memory is the best.

Saturday was a blur. The tee times were very early. I was feeling pretty good, but the place was soaked, and I had some really fat shots on the range. That's usually a good sign for me. Cace and I were playing against Shakey and Ron. I watched someone in the group ahead of us top one off of the first tee. When it was my turn, I did the exact same thing. He had also topped his second shot. I did the exact same thing. I managed to nearly make par, several hundred yards later, but I was a bit stressed. I hadn't felt the nervousness I expected, so I wasn't sure what was going on. On the second hole I topped a 5 iron. I whacked it out to the middle of the fairway, hit a wedge to 4 feet and made my par. I finally felt good. On 3 I hit it close and made birdie, and then we were off. The rest of the day was pretty much me making a mess of holes and digging myself out with some sort of recovery shot while Cace, Ron and Tom all bombed the ball straight down the fairway and hit great shots. I am sure I was frustrating to play with, because I was taking forever butchering the place but making pars and bogeys. I made the best up and down of my life from the bushes behind 6, thanks to the FG Tour TC wedges. I was proud of myself to get one on the right tier of the green on 7 when they had the pin back and right. I will take par with that pin placement every day. I was really struggling to keep the ball in front of me, but Cace was really picking me up. Ron and Tom were unshakable. They both have really, really solid games. Cace and I had a lead I believe, but it evaporated, and we went into the last hole needing to win it to halve the match. I hit a poor drive, but managed to get my second shot onto the green, and Cace was on the front of the green. I barely missed my birdie putt, and Ron made a very nice 6 footer or so for par. Cace stepped up with a 4 footer to halve the match. He drilled it. I was so proud of him, and so happy that he got to have an awesome moment like that. I was also proud of Tom and Ron for a great match. It was maybe the most fun I have ever had golfing.
That was an epic match. Cace may have been the steady force, but you came thru with some gut punches when I thought we had a hole in the bag.
Loved getting to meet & play with you.

Part 2
Eric and I were paired together in Four Ball against Ron (LightningBolt) and Tom (Shakey). Tom and I live about 20 minutes from each other so we have played several times, but I'd only seen Ron hit the ball a few times. If you know Ron then you only need to see him hit a couple of balls to realize that he is a beast with a golf club! And you'd be hard pressed to meet a nicer guy. I was actually matched against Tom and Ron all day so I had the pleasure of battling with these guys for nearly 36 holes.

Our Four Ball match was back and forth all day and ultimately came down to #18 at True Blue. I couldn't have asked for it to end any other way. I had a 5 or 6 foot putt to halve the match with these guys and drained it in front of a number of the guys who had already finished their matches.

Next we moved on to Caledonia for Alt Shot. I switched partners and was paired with Martsy (Geoff)...or as we like to call him "Gigantor". Geoff is a super nice guy who, even with his half swing, absolutely pounds the golf ball.

I'm not sure if it was the heat, the nerves or exhaustion but both of our pairings started a little poorly a Caledonia. Although we did it together which kept us All Square for a while. We eventually started to go back and forth winning and losing holes. As we got to the final 6 holes, Geoff and I had pops on 4 of the 6. We won #13 to go down 1 in our match and then proceeded to make a big run. Geoff crushed his drive on #16 to set me up in the middle of the fairway with a 9-iron in hand, which I put just on the back fringe behind the hole. An easy chip by Geoff and my putt sealed the match for us.
You were a force to be reckoned with Cace. I told my team going in that you would be a tough draw for anyone, then Ron & I catch you twice.

While your irons weren't always hot, your driver, 3w & putter were the clubs that drove the nail in our coffin on Alt Shot.

I know the time you put in to prep & your work was on full display. Congrats dude.

part deux...
Patrick took a 2 hole lead on me with just a gut-wrenching one in a hundred 30 foot uphill putt

1 in 100 come on now, I could easily make it twice :clapp: No really it was the shot of the weekend for me along with that entire hole.

The recaps have been stellar. Thanks to everyone who has shared and will continue to check in. You all killed it.

JM

Part 1

Where to begin…….

Wednesday: After spending several hours in a car, I was relieved to pull into my villa. As I stepped out of my car, I can hear Tom (shakey) yelling from the third floor. All I can think at this point is damn, why are we on the third floor. As I lug my bags into the room I see Ron (lighteningbolt44), Jeremy (rambler), Gregg (greggdrews), Mike (mikedean441), Kevin (Tee2Grn) and Dev (DevRikus). Of course Dev took the opportunity to introduce himself as McRock and I took him seriously. Dan (McRock) and Curtis (Armygolf) would join us later join us. We spend the night having some drinks, laughing and joking.

Thursday: I woke up feeling pumped. We had a good breakfast at True Blue and made our way to the range for a quick warm up prior to playing 18 at True Blue. Standing on the first tee was something special. I would play the morning round with Curtis and Dan.

I had seen pictures and videos of the hole 1 for while and now I am getting ready to hit my first tee shot. After parring the first hole, I would bogey holes 2-6. I followed that up with a 6 on the par 3 7th and finished the front with two more bogeys. I finished the front with a 47 and I actually pretty happy with that. I honestly wasn't expecting to shoot anything special because it was my first time playing.

I would have a pretty good back 9 after doubling on the 10th. I scored 4 pars and 3 bogeys before doubling on the 18th for an 89. This would be only the fourth time this year that I broke 90 so I was feeling pretty pumped.

We made our way to Caledonia for our afternoon round. The drive into Caledonia was something that is imbedded in my mind. I was speechless as I drove through the entrance, it was just so gorgeous. There waiting for us was Patrick (lynchburg14) getting ready to join us. Mike wanted me to play an alternate shot match with Curtis against the dastardly duo of Jeremy and Curtis. One memory that I had from that match wasn’t even a golf moment. I was standing on the 9th fairway getting ready to hit and hear something coming from Gregg and Jeremy’s cart. I thought they were dumping water from a bottle onto the fairway. I proceeded to hit my shot, hoped in my cart and drove off. As I looked back I hear the same sound again but this time I see what it was. Unfortunately for Jeremy, he had eaten a bad hotdog at lunch and puked right in the middle of the fairway. What made it worse was that he did that three more times on the back nine, but man what competitor. He stayed in our friendly match and played right down to the last shot. Our match was back and forth for 18 holes but in the end Gregg and a half dead Jeremy were victorious.

That night we had a team meeting and pizza in Mike’s villa. The environment was very mellow as we talked about the course and strategy. Mike briefly talked to us about pairings for Saturday but wasn't going to make anything official till tomorrow evening. He just wanted us to enjoy the moment when we got to meet our sponsors and got to play with our new equipment.

Just amazing recaps guys. Some of the best I've read. Easy to see how you all bonded as teams. Emotion just pouring through! Great stuff!

Alright one to Saturday. First let me say Orange Hog and Erky are some of the best dudes ever. They are what golf is all about. Tom and I jumped out to a lead after I bombed a drive on 4 but that evaporated and OH and Erky took the advantage after 9. Tom looks at me and says we have been down worse before and came back. We bring it back and go 1 or 2 up then they storm back and are only 1 down heading to 17. Tom and I both stick our approaches to about 15 ft but either one of us can sink our putts (more on this later) OH gets up and down for bogey but gets a pop so it is going to 18. OH and Erky both pipe a drive i don't recall where Tom was but I was so amped I had to hit 4 iron so I didnt risk going into the water. I am sitting in the middle right next to OH about 110-115 out we both put it on the green (I think OH did as well) Erky is on as well. Erky drains his par putt after missing his birdie. I miss my Birdie but drain my par putt OH misses his Birdie but drains the par and also was popping so they take the hole and with halve the point which honestly it should have been no other way this was one of the most intense and fun matches I have ever been a part of.

Saturday afternoon comes and both teams start off slow. We battled OH and Martsy and at one point got to 2 or 3 up however they had 4 pops on the back and we knew we had to make our move before those. They battled us and we scrapped back and forth. I thought for a bit we had it won but those guys fought like heck to put us two down. We get to 16 and know we have to win the hole to keep going. Tom lines our par putt out and in it goes but then pops out lips out it was a heart breaking sight (also one of two premature fist pumps by me this weekend next one coming soon). OH and Martsy take the match. They earned it that is for sure they never got down and fought until the end.

Saturday night come and it is dinner and pairings time. Quick story first for some reason I always thought I would see Dave in Singles. I went as far as having my normal match play partner who I normally only give 9 strokes to play me once with me giving him 18 so I could prep for what the mindset would be like. Well as we are drawing guess who I am paired against. Yep AV just what I had thought all along (for some odd reason). I was looking forward to it but knew the strokes would be in my head from the get go.

Sunday morning time. I carve up my spot on the range (sorry grounds crew) a bit and head to the first tee. I am riding with Rock and as said before playing AV. I was super super nervous and hit an awful drive on 1. Lay up is solid and wedge it in close. AV has some bad luck and has to take an unplayable the first hole is mine nerves settled a bit. Second hole Dave gets one back on me to pull AS I am thinking to myself this is going to be back and forth I need to put the pressure on. I honestly had a game plan of just playing boring golf and letting Dave lose rather than me win. Dave made me realize early on that I wasnt going to be able to do that and had to win this match and had to hit good shots to do so. This guy worked his butt off and even being on the other team I am proud to see how far he came.
Anyway back to the round A few holes go by and I am sitting 4 up after 10 feeling good I hit my tee ball to 8 ft on the 11th and Dave is in the bunker. He catches it a little thin but hits into the side of the hill and only rolls about 8 ft past he two putts for bogey. I two putt for par and we halve a hole I thought I had locked which was about to happen again. 12 comes and I hit a great tee ball right out next to rock. I pull my ball a little and end up in the pinestraw no biggie I thought I can get up and down. I put my ball within 3 ft for the par putt. Well here comes Dave he chips on in 3 and has a bomb of a putt. He rolls it right in dying right at the hole for a par and takes the hole suddenly my lead is slipping and he has the momentum after two outstanding holes. Not going to lie it had me a little frustrated on what and how I was going to close this out nothing I was doing was working. On 13 I took it up a notch I pounded a 3 wood and had 96 yards left to the green into the wind I figured there was a lot of wind so full smooth 54 it was. Hit the shot and it sails what I think is right over the pin. We get up to the green and see a ball next to the flag and one 15 ft by I am thinking I am long and Rock is short. We get up to the hole and I had put my wedge to about 3 inches take the hole with a birdie. I then take 14 with a slippery little putt. Funny story happens then Dave turns to me and says I guess we are Dormie I say yea we are. As I am riding with Rock he looks at me and says Dormie so I start counting on my fingers four holes I did it multiple times and yes I used my fingers to count to four. We get to the next tee box and Dave says the same to me the match is over and I will tell you what AV pushed me harder than I ever would have guessed that man worked his butt off and it was on full display.

Rock battled hard all day being down hard in his match and I was one proud teammate riding with him and seeing how hard he battled he was 3 up with a good chance to go 4 up on 15 when Dev drove up and told us it was over we had won it. I dont even know what I felt at that point honestly but I will say as Tom comes walking up the 15 fairway and we embrace in a hug I almost lost it. We played together a lot this week and while I consider everyone of the team a brother when I shared that moment with Tom it was a different special feeling that I will never forget.

The champagne bath was something I was looking forward to the entire time honestly I think it is what drove me (odd I know) it was so much fun that the team decided to do a pyramid. Bad idea? I was going over everything bad in my head that was about to happen especially if we put Mike on top but we pulled it off as a team and had one memorable photo.

11796274_10100122175443309_3780053025783352459_n.jpg

Before I post the Walk up 18 video I want to take a minute and thank the Bridgestone , Wilson, KBS and Lamkin again without you guys this event would have never been possible.

The captains both of you guys I am proud to call great friends and you made this an experience of a lifetime.

Team #441 you guys were the best honestly I couldnt have asked for a better team the personalities meshed so well and we made it happen

Team Dev you guys were class acts through and through. I cant wait to tee it up with all of you guys again.

Let not forgot JB,Morgan, Dan and the rest of THP as well you guys dreamed big and it showed. Your dreams became others dreams. Dreams we all got to live.

Recaps, I love to read them, but I really don't enjoy writing them. It's closure from an incredible experience and is left with precious memories.

First and foremost I must once again Say thank you to a host of people.

Wilson Staff, Bridgestone Golf, KBS, Lampkin grips thank you for embracing the process, and delivering top not equipment for each and everyone of us. Duffy and Corey were awesome! The knowledge you shared with everyone was spot on. Helping us to tweak our equipment, learn more about the brand and field 100's of questions made the sponsor day unique and special. Hats off to Duffy for upping the ante during the practice rounds with the closest to the pin swag was an incredible gesture. Thank you! However passing out business cards was a bit of a rookie mistake:).

LeeB/SonofOdin/Katie I love you guys, for months you sacrificed normalcy so I could form my #THPLegacy. When in reality my legacy is nothing except an empty shell with out you. The golf didn't pan out like I had hoped this weekend, but having you guys there to share the ride was better than anything I can put on the shelf. When I walked off that final hole, and the reality it was over hit me. What we shared for those few minutes is exactly what my Legacy is all about.

JB/GolferGal. - I love you guys like family. Often I don't understand the why or why nots, but in the end I always see how it for the good of the big picture. This community has allowed me to grow and find balance in ways that I never imagined. The. You add in the experiences along he way, and I've been very blessed.

Canadan - My brother you worked you backside off for all of us, and the entire community! Thank you! You and I have created a special bond, and your presence there this weekend helped make it that much more special for me and my family. Your a great dude my man! Thank You

Great recaps so far. I'm hoping someone ventures into the video recap at some point.

Part 1

Where to begin…….

Wednesday: After spending several hours in a car, I was relieved to pull into my villa. As I stepped out of my car, I can hear Tom (shakey) yelling from the third floor. All I can think at this point is damn, why are we on the third floor. As I lug my bags into the room I see Ron (lighteningbolt44), Jeremy (rambler), Gregg (greggdrews), Mike (mikedean441), Kevin (Tee2Grn) and Dev (DevRikus). Of course Dev took the opportunity to introduce himself as McRock and I took him seriously. Dan (McRock) and Curtis (Armygolf) would join us later join us. We spend the night having some drinks, laughing and joking.

Thursday: I woke up feeling pumped. We had a good breakfast at True Blue and made our way to the range for a quick warm up prior to playing 18 at True Blue. Standing on the first tee was something special. I would play the morning round with Curtis and Dan.

I had seen pictures and videos of the hole 1 for while and now I am getting ready to hit my first tee shot. After parring the first hole, I would bogey holes 2-6. I followed that up with a 6 on the par 3 7th and finished the front with two more bogeys. I finished the front with a 47 and I actually pretty happy with that. I honestly wasn't expecting to shoot anything special because it was my first time playing.

I would have a pretty good back 9 after doubling on the 10th. I scored 4 pars and 3 bogeys before doubling on the 18th for an 89. This would be only the fourth time this year that I broke 90 so I was feeling pretty pumped.

We made our way to Caledonia for our afternoon round. The drive into Caledonia was something that is imbedded in my mind. I was speechless as I drove through the entrance, it was just so gorgeous. There waiting for us was Patrick (lynchburg14) getting ready to join us. Mike wanted me to play an alternate shot match with Curtis against the dastardly duo of Jeremy and Curtis. One memory that I had from that match wasn’t even a golf moment. I was standing on the 9th fairway getting ready to hit and hear something coming from Gregg and Jeremy’s cart. I thought they were dumping water from a bottle onto the fairway. I proceeded to hit my shot, hoped in my cart and drove off. As I looked back I hear the same sound again but this time I see what it was. Unfortunately for Jeremy, he had eaten a bad hotdog at lunch and puked right in the middle of the fairway. What made it worse was that he did that three more times on the back nine, but man what competitor. He stayed in our friendly match and played right down to the last shot. Our match was back and forth for 18 holes but in the end Gregg and a half dead Jeremy were victorious.

That night we had a team meeting and pizza in Mike’s villa. The environment was very mellow as we talked about the course and strategy. Mike briefly talked to us about pairings for Saturday but wasn't going to make anything official till tomorrow evening. He just wanted us to enjoy the moment when we got to meet our sponsors and got to play with our new equipment.

How is this the first time that we've heard about the hot dog incident??

Great, great, great, wonderful, spectacular recaps from everyone so far. Love the pics and the videos and descriptions. It makes me happy for everyone who was there and makes me want to get into the next event even more!

Threw my photos in a slideshow I may find more somewhere and post them up but these are what I have for now.

Lol at the boat....awesome pics

Back