Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

My local Dick's store had some. I didn't get to hit because the sim was unavailable while I was there. I didn't think I would notice, but the 9.5/10.5 head does look smaller than the 11.5. For that reason I would go 11.5 because it just fit my eye better. The green on it looks really good too.
Ahhhh, there but couldn't hit 'em! Terrible feeling!

Ahhhh, there but couldn't hit 'em! Terrible feeling!

yeah timing was just off. Oh well, perhaps I'll make a run someplace tonight or this weekend.

Golf Ghost - that looks incredible dude. Really digging the dual color options!

i just spent an hour on the callaway site trying different custom Xtreme drivers. I want one so bad. i'm heading to golf galaxy tomorrow to hit some in the bay. and def heading there next weekend for the callaway launch weekend.

drivers-razr-fit-xtreme-udesign____11981_11969_1.png

I want this....now.
That looks amazing!!!
I'd take this:
drivers-razr-fit-xtreme-udesign____11985_11974_1.png

My local Dick's store had some. I didn't get to hit because the sim was unavailable while I was there. I didn't think I would notice, but the 9.5/10.5 head does look smaller than the 11.5. For that reason I would go 11.5 because it just fit my eye better. The green on it looks really good too.

It's not your eyes, it's the way they designed the clubs. 8.5-10.5 heads are 440 cc, 11.5 and 13.5 are 460 cc.

It's not your eyes, it's the way they designed the clubs. 8.5-10.5 heads are 440 cc, 11.5 and 13.5 are 460 cc.

I didn't think I would really notice it, but it definitely stood out to me.

I didn't think I would really notice it, but it definitely stood out to me.

i actually think i'm gonna like the 440 CC better... man tomorrow can't come soon enough. hope they got some versas there too. Putters and drivers day at Golf Galaxy = Heaven!

Those UDesigns are friken awesome... Wish I had $450 to blow ;) if theres any lefty canadians out there who need a new driver but dont wanna spend $450 im selling my RAZR Fit, its on kijiji message me if you want the link

So what's the difference between the x hot and this
What's good about this club that is bad on the x hot and visa versa
Thanks

I was able to hit this at Golfsmith yesterday with the stock shaft in stiff, and I really really liked it. Everyball felt well struck, and I was seeing HUGE distance out of it (I'm not sure what the settings were on the LM). My smash factor was up there, and my ball was up there. I was really surprised that I was seemingly launching the ball low, even with the stock shaft in stiff.

I was able to hit this at Golfsmith yesterday with the stock shaft in stiff, and I really really liked it. Everyball felt well struck, and I was seeing HUGE distance out of it (I'm not sure what the settings were on the LM). My smash factor was up there, and my ball was up there. I was really surprised that I was seemingly launching the ball low, even with the stock shaft in stiff.

That is awesome Wake. I haven't been this excited to pit a couple drivers against each other as I am for this vs the X Hot. If I go Xtreme and we get to U design I'm seriously pondering green on green.... Color of money baby!

Just took 20 swings with the 9.5 trinity shaft....Ho...ley Cow!!

Got a few swings in with this yesterday morning. Didn't have the black tie or any X stiffs but was nice to feel the ball flying off the face again.
e6ezuba8.jpg

Have I mentioned how good they look

My annual new (game improvement) acquisition; went to golftown ( canada ) , availed of the current incentive; $75 off the list when trading a old driver. Got the 11.5 senior flex ( 65-A) . Looking forward to compliment my graphite Razr XF irons - Senior flex ( 55-A flex). Greetings to everyone !

My annual new (game improvement) acquisition; went to golftown ( canada ) , availed of the current incentive; $75 off the list when trading a old driver. Got the 11.5 senior flex ( 65-A) . Looking forward to compliment my graphite Razr XF irons - Senior flex ( 55-A flex). Greetings to everyone !

Great purchase and welcome to THP.

I dig the udesign clubs have a black version of the Trinity shaft.
I wonder if the udesign head cover is still going to have green accents…

So stemming off yesterday's 1st go around with the Xtreme in the hitting bay, saying I'm excited would be an understatement right now. Lately, I've been snap hooking or over drawing my driver. I even debated heading out to the range yesterday morning to try and work that out before I went and hit the Xtreme. But I got there about when they opened and told the sales rep, "I'm ready to be Xtreme'd!" He asked if I tended to hit the ball lower or higher with the driver. I told him I had a pretty mid flight with the driver. He tapped up the brand spanking new 9.5 head and combined it with the Trinity shaft as he said that shaft tended to get the ball higher than the M3. At this point I was just more interested in feeling the head of the club, the impact and the feel of the ball but a higher launch for me would probably work fine esp. with a 9.5 degree head.

The head over the driver is stunning. Just a great design and just hollers speed and power. I took about 5 practice swing with it and then was ready to go while my 6 and 4 year old waited patiently for me to finish so they could go play in the sand bunker. The first 3 of 4 balls I hit were pushed right. Hey! I didn't hit 'em left! Ha! Started getting a little bit of the feel after that and by balls 10-20 I was hitting a really nice ball with a touch of a cut on it. Perfect! Hello old driver shot from the past! We looked at the final 10 drives I hit and the important thing I wanted to see was launch angle. They were all between 12 and 12.5 degrees! With a 9.5 degree head I was super excited to see that average and not one snap hook or over draw. The girls were ready to go at that point so was happy to leave my first experience with the Xtreme on that note.

The head felt heavier than the Amp I've been playing and I kind of liked that. Again, the head looked great at address. It seemed to have a good neutral setting at address. I hate the feeling of some of the drivers that feel like they are closed when you set them down. This did not. I still would like to hit the Xtreme with the M3 in it just to see the difference, if any. The sales guy also said they sell a $60 kit of weights that you can really hone your swing and ball flight with which was interesting. He said he tinkered with it the other day and had a 13g on the heel and 11g on the toe and was killing it. I could see that.

At any rate, I left very excited about this driver. I went into this a little skeptical as I really didn't hit last years Fit really well. It felt too clunky for me. This one was different and for the better. I seemed to have tons more feel with it. I told the sales guy that and he said he'd heard that a lot about last years Fit and personally thought it was because of the stock shaft options they had. He really liked the stock shafts they were offering up this year with the Xtreme. I tend to agree after my 20 hits. I kind of want to go back and hit the M3 now. Maybe today?

Great thoughts Nate. Sounds like the Xtreme and you are starting to develop a nice little relationship.

I like it, Nate. The Trinity was a big surprise to me as well. That's a good looking launch number for you.

BTW, face in the neutral setting is 1° open on the 9.5°.

I like it, Nate. The Trinity was a big surprise to me as well. That's a good looking launch number for you.

BTW, face in the neutral setting is 1° open on the 9.5°.
Perfect! I like it even more then with the open. I wanted to say that in the post, cause it did feel like that but didn't know that was a fact for sure. Guess I could have looked it up! Ha!

Perfect! I like it even more then with the open. I wanted to say that in the post, cause it did feel like that but didn't know that was a fact for sure. Guess I could have looked it up! Ha!

I like it because I can raise the loft without having a really closed face. Ends up being something like .5° closed according to Callaway.

It sure is a great looking head at address. Just a perfectly classic shape.

I like it because I can raise the loft without having a really closed face. Ends up being something like .5° closed according to Callaway.

It sure is a great looking head at address. Just a perfectly classic shape.
Yea, that's what he told me, .5 or .75 something like that. That is nice.

Back