The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rant for the weekend...
I left my credit card at the hotel bar Friday night. Didn't realize till the next morning after I'd checked out and was well away from the hotel. Luckily I got in touch with the hotel and they had it. So I started walking back up to the hotel, then it started just pouring. I kept trying to catch a cab, but every one that came by had someone in it. So I finally got up to the hotel, soaked to the bone, got my card back, then head out to catch a cab back down to where I'd walked from so I could catch the train home. All in all not the best of days.

At least I was lucky my train got through before the mudslide that hit the line this morning.

My rant for the weekend...
I left my credit card at the hotel bar Friday night. Didn't realize till the next morning after I'd checked out and was well away from the hotel. Luckily I got in touch with the hotel and they had it. So I started walking back up to the hotel, then it started just pouring. I kept trying to catch a cab, but every one that came by had someone in it. So I finally got up to the hotel, soaked to the bone, got my card back, then head out to catch a cab back down to where I'd walked from so I could catch the train home. All in all not the best of days.

At least I was lucky my train got through before the mudslide that hit the line this morning.

Dang that's crazy, but I'm glad your train got you out in time and that no one went on a shopping spree with your card

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

My wife's dogs started raising all sorts of ruckus at 4:15 this morning & now I can't go back to sleep! I am so not loving them right now.

Still having problems with my back so am off to see a GP on Wednesday morning to see if I can find out what the problem is.....

The annoying thing is it is fine if I am up and about and keep moving, but when I first get up in the morning or when I have been sat at my desk at work I am getting sciatica type pains. Initially I was diagnosed with a pulled muscle in my lower back which was impinging on a nerve and causing the problems, but it has now been going on since January so I am not sure - hoping it is not a slipped disc or a disc problem as I could do without that

We had a winter storm watch issued.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Come back to our desks after lunch and it is now snowing!!! It is April...the weather should be getting better!

We had a winter storm watch issued.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Saw that, pretty crazy to think its going to be 75* (Me on the course) and snowing out in Western Nebraska.

Nothing more rant-worthy than seeing countless Facebook postings from non-golfers saying "Masters bound."

There should be a rule.

Nothing more rant-worthy than seeing countless Facebook postings from non-golfers saying "Masters bound."

There should be a rule.

Those kinda people make me mad. I bet they come back and say ehh, it doesn't look so hard.

Those kinda people make me mad. I bet they come back and say ehh, it doesn't look so hard.
I'd probably shoot mid- 80s there. Haha. I need to bump that thread.

There should be a rule.

Lame. Tons of people from school (non-golfers) get to go. I want to take their tickets.

I'd probably shoot mid- 80s there. Haha. I need to bump that thread.

Haha DO IT! I bet it's really not that tough out of tournament conditions /sarcasm

#15- Heron Lakes Green Back. 297yd par 4 from the whites to the center of the green. 285 to clear the water. I hit my drive 284.

So. Damn. Close.

#15- Heron Lakes Green Back. 297yd par 4 from the whites to the center of the green. 285 to clear the water. I hit my drive 284.

So. Damn. Close.

Sounds like someone needs a xhot :alien:

I had to edit this like 4 times to get the spelling right faceplam.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Sounds like someone needs a xhot :alien:

I had to edit this like 4 times to get the spelling right faceplam.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
Nahh i just hooked the hell out of it..

Lame. Tons of people from school (non-golfers) get to go. I want to take their tickets.

Several years ago I was able to score badges to the tournament. On Friday afternoon, I sat at Amen Corner for several hours. While it was axing to see the pros play 11 green, 12 and 13 tee from basically the same spot, it was also amazing (in a bad way) to see the number of "patrons" who didn't care what was happening inside of the ropes. I also saw dozens -- dozens -- of people (typically women and little kids, although there were some men, too) openly complaining about being there because of heat, humidity, pollen or generally being outside.

I rarely score tickets to Augusta, but when I do I savor every moment. If I ever get annoyed by traffic or crowds, I think of that afternoon at Amen Corner.

When coworkers skimp out on their jobs. We have two guys who start things then pawn the job off on other guys when something easier comes along.

Last week he pawned off putting a few thousands pounds of weight on a tractor to a guy older then him, today I have to go out 40 miles to go put a tractor back together I know nothing about. And to top it all off if something's wrong even of I didn't have anything to do with it I'll get shafted for the rework.

And no one will do a dang thing about it. Multiple techs have complained all the way up the chain of command.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Several years ago I was able to score badges to the tournament. On Friday afternoon, I sat at Amen Corner for several hours. While it was axing to see the pros play 11 green, 12 and 13 tee from basically the same spot, it was also amazing (in a bad way) to see the number of "patrons" who didn't care what was happening inside of the ropes. I also saw dozens -- dozens -- of people (typically women and little kids, although there were some men, too) openly complaining about being there because of heat, humidity, pollen or generally being outside.

I rarely score tickets to Augusta, but when I do I savor every moment. If I ever get annoyed by traffic or crowds, I think of that afternoon at Amen Corner.

I'm really hoping I can score some tickets before I leave school here. I really want to go!

One of the guys I work with is possibly the nicest people I have ever met. He just finished going through a divorce and has been kinda struggling. About 2 months ago he was having some health issues so he told me he was going to for an endoscopy. He was asking me questions and stuff since I had just had one done and we were both saying it was probably just nothing. Maybe ulcers or something. I just found out that he has throat cancer and it spread to his liver. I hadnt seen him last week and just found out he was having chemo therapy. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. I just dont get why these things happen to such great people and you have absolute scum bag murderers and child abusers out there that just always seem to skate through life.

Still having problems with my back so am off to see a GP on Wednesday morning to see if I can find out what the problem is.....

The annoying thing is it is fine if I am up and about and keep moving, but when I first get up in the morning or when I have been sat at my desk at work I am getting sciatica type pains. Initially I was diagnosed with a pulled muscle in my lower back which was impinging on a nerve and causing the problems, but it has now been going on since January so I am not sure - hoping it is not a slipped disc or a disc problem as I could do without that

I'm sure your Doc will look into it, but you have the exact symptoms that I heard on the radio this morning. Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) supposedly is the worst when you wake up and anytime you're not moving. The ad makes it sound like many people just think they've pulled a muscle and it just won't get better.

Hope you get it figured out!

One of the guys I work with is possibly the nicest people I have ever met. He just finished going through a divorce and has been kinda struggling. About 2 months ago he was having some health issues so he told me he was going to for an endoscopy. He was asking me questions and stuff since I had just had one done and we were both saying it was probably just nothing. Maybe ulcers or something. I just found out that he has throat cancer and it spread to his liver. I hadnt seen him last week and just found out he was having chemo therapy. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. I just dont get why these things happen to such great people and you have absolute scum bag murderers and child abusers out there that just always seem to skate through life.
Sorry to hear that. I hate when these kind of things happen to such good people.

Sorry to hear that. I hate when these kind of things happen to such good people.

I am more angry than anything. I just dont understand it. With all the money going to research the fact that there is no early detection or cure for cancer is just mind boggling and disgusting.

I was lucky enough to go to the Masters in 2004, 2005, and 2008. When I went with my wife in 2008, she got hideously sunburnt and didn't enjoy the day at all. She doesn't like golf all that much (although things are getting better now), but still, I get what you're saying and know exactly what you're talking about.

Now, going in 2004 to the 3rd round with my dad cheering on Phil Mickelson all the time when Phil would go on to win his first green jacket on the next day....I will never forget that.

I am more angry than anything. I just dont understand it. With all the money going to research the fact that there is no early detection or cure for cancer is just mind boggling and disgusting.

yeah dude I know exactly what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back