2013 US Open Contest - Seriously Limited & Seriously Long W/ THP & Wilson Golf

Furyk misses a great chance..

These guys really seem to be struggling today with the lines.

He is doomed because I picked him.

I know it's downwind and he might have had a flier out of the rough, but Adam Scott just hit 6 iron on 18 from 223 out in the rough and put it in the middle of the green. Holy crap.

I know it's downwind and he might have had a flier out of the rough, but Adam Scott just hit 6 iron on 18 from 223 out in the rough and put it in the middle of the green. Holy crap.

I want that swing. A lot.

That was impressive.

Did it hit middle? I thought it hit front edge. Stupid strong players :(

Did it hit middle? I thought it hit front edge. Stupid strong players :(

Hit front edge, rolled out to the middle. So he flew it like 205 or 210. Still a big 6 iron.

Altitudes.

Hit front edge, rolled out to the middle. So he flew it like 205 or 210. Still a big 6 iron.

It's just dumb. North said it might be a bit of a flyer lie and downwind but uhh.. Gross.

Herman almost had the HIO on 13, he thought he had it.

225 out, Scott would probably hit an 8i and be yelling get down about the time he finished his followthru.

I'd love to see someone take a run at that rough with an altitude 6. I think a TT would be money out of that mess.

Larger sole would offer less twisting out of the rough. As long as the leading edge was built to cut through it (most hybrids are not), but some larger irons are.

Did you do what I almost did and picked Tiger and Kuchar? Thanks goodness I reread it. lol

Something very close, except for the almost part...

Larger sole would offer less twisting out of the rough. As long as the leading edge was built to cut through it (most hybrids are not), but some larger irons are.

I would just wonder if that size of a club would get into that depth. I tend to look at the altitudes the same way I do many average sized hybrids. That's why I'd want to see it, just to watch those things continue to break the mold.

I would just wonder if that size of a club would get into that depth. I tend to look at the altitudes the same way I do many average sized hybrids. That's why I'd want to see it, just to watch those things continue to break the mold.

Its not a problem at all. In fact some would say its easier and it really can all come down to how the leading edge is built. The 6 iron in this case (club used) is very much unlike any hybrid I have seen.

We can try it out next month.

was already loving these "While we're young" USGA commercials, then I see one with Paula...
wub.gif

I didn't fully understand the while we're young reference to be honest until I read something about caddyshack lol

Anybody have a good stream for this? I'm stuck in class.

Back