Driver Club Head Speed?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking to a friend this morning we got to talking about club head speed with testing and using the FlightScope (or devices like it) to measure. How I always thought my speed was one thing and it turned it out was different. So my question is do you know your club head speed and how was it measured?

I'm not sure what it is, but its slower than it used to be. Last time I was measured was Legacy on the Flightscope but I don't remember the number.

<90...sadly, verified at Wilson, flightscope and everywhere else

I assume we are talking driver? Every time I am on a launch monitor and I am paying attention it seems to be consistently somewhere between 104-110. Last weekend at the Michigan sim round was no different, though it was at the higher end of that range often.

• Admin
I assume we are talking driver? Every time I am on a launch monitor and I am paying attention it seems to be consistently somewhere between 104-110. Last weekend at the Michigan sim round was no different, though it was at the higher end of that range often.

Yes, the title of the thread gives that away. :act-up:

96 and on Trackman when getting fit at the #Grandaddy. Bit quicker than I expected...was thinking low 90's.

110ish on gc2. On the simulators its higher but I'm not to sure about those.

100 +/- 3 mph on good swings, according to GC2.

Yes, the title of the thread gives that away. :act-up:

Oh my, I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. At least I answered correctly lol.

110ish on gc2. On the simulators its higher but I'm not to sure about those.

Is that the GC2 computer software? Im not sure how that one works, so was curious, because my GC2 does not show club head speed (or measure it). Im guessing when hooked to a computer the software shows it?

I know it is usually around 100 mph. I've had it measured on trackman, my SC100 generally agrees. Our simulator has a camera that can measure clubhead speed, and I am right around 100 most of the time. Sometimes I get 102 or 103 but not too often.

Last summer I did a Bridgestone ball fitting, and was up around 108. Don't know what was going on that day!

Depends on the driver and my back but usually 85-95. When testing the J715 consistent 89-91 on the device golfsmith uses. I did not see what it was at Live Club Testing on the Flightscope.

Is that the GC2 computer software? Im not sure how that one works, so was curious, because my GC2 does not show club head speed (or measure it). Im guessing when hooked to a computer the software shows it?

I think only if you have the HMT add-on. We have a GC2 at the golf school I go to, and without HMT it uses a hard-coded smash factor (or at least that's what it seemed to me).

To answer the original question, I'm just about 100 on average - this was from a fitting with the high-speed camera system at the Callaway Performance Center.

Yes they they are hooked up to a computer, so I can only assume it's the software. They are the Gc2s at Austads which is our local golf shop. I think on the flight scope in the cities last year it was around 108 but can't remember for sure

I think only if you have the HMT add-on. We have a GC2 at the golf school I go to, and without HMT it uses a hard-coded smash factor (or at least that's what it seemed to me).

To answer the original question, I'm just about 100 on average - this was from a fitting with the high-speed camera system at the Callaway Performance Center.

Thanks for the info. That explains it.

Between 97-99 measured at #TheGrandaddy in December on Trackman

Getting fitted at the PGA Superstore, not sure if they have trackman or flightscope, between 105 and 108.

90% of my driver swings are 104-107 when I'm focused on keeping it in play, when I go after it to squeeze out a few more yards it's probably 108-110, and when I'm being stupid and trying to hit the heroic shot (which never works out of course) it's probably 110-113.

110 at Wilson and was 115 on Flightscope. Somewhere in the middle of those makes sense. At ECPC i was right around 115 on Trackman

Mine hovers around 104, I've been tested by multiple fitters and the last one was in Charleston, I think it was David ayres

I believe mine was around 103? was measured on Flightscope at the callaway driver and mystery ball test... JB can confirm though

According to Golfsmith, I measured 89mph to 92mph with my old Titleist driver.

I measured between 91 and 95 with a GBB.

I peeked at 96 with an M1. I would assume this would have been fairly accurate?

107-109 tested at the Callaway fitting Center at the Annika Academy at Reunion W/ Charlotta

I haven't been measured in awhile but last time I was it via GC2. Im pretty consistently in between 99-103.

Edit: no idea if gc2 is accurate or not haha

Back