Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I'm really thinking that these heads with some PX shafts will make me a happy person.

Thats the stock shaft. I really enjoyed that combo but went pxi to get lighter shaft.

Thats the stock shaft. I really enjoyed that combo but went pxi to get lighter shaft.
Really? Seems like an odd stock pairing.

I've been thinking about this set all morning, and wondering about the set sand wedge at 55*. I have a 54* wedge that I barely use, and primarily use for full swings, and wondering if the set sand wedge would fill that need and the gaps better than an MD3 54*. Thinking 5-SW apex CF and a 58* PM grind to round out the bottom of the bag.

I've been thinking about this set all morning, and wondering about the set sand wedge at 55*. I have a 54* wedge that I barely use, and primarily use for full swings, and wondering if the set sand wedge would fill that need and the gaps better than an MD3 54*. Thinking 5-SW apex CF and a 58* PM grind to round out the bottom of the bag.
If you use it for full shots mostly, I say take some of the extra forgiveness and run with it. They're still useful for bump and runs and stuff like that, just opening up the face can complicate things. I think it's a good move though based on how you played it.

Danny Le at UST told me recoil 110 F4 so problem solved it seems.

i've never owned a set of callaway irons. pros look really good...

doooooooo itttttttttt :D

Went back to GS on break today and hit these with the 95 F3s and man are they butter. I side by sided them with my XR Pro 7 iron. I'm getting 7-8 yards extra with the Apex. Deeeeeeeep ponder on this one. I feel guilty cause my XRs are only six months old

I have the set SW with the original Apex, and even though I have thought about going to an MD3 54*, I really shouldn't. I have the 6-SW Apex with 58* PM and have been pretty pleased with it.

anyone here hit the reg Apex and CF Apex side by side???...do the new ones hit it further?...if so, I unlike many on here, will have no hesitation or guilt buying them asap!...:).

I went for a fitting at Cool Clubs today. They had me try Titleist AP1's, Mizuno JPX-EZ forged, Ping G30, PXG 0311 and the new Callaway Apex's. I currently play Ping I20's. They first had me hit some shots with my clubs to get a baseline and then started me on the others. For me the Mizuno's were the worst followed by the PXG's. The Mizunos were significantly shorter than my current clubs. The PXG's were about the same lengthwise. Pretty even between the AP1's and the G30's with slightly less dispersion with the G30's but no gain in length. Then there is the Callaways. Holy cow. I've never been a huge Callaway fan. My only experience has been with some rental sets a couple times while on vacations. These were amazing. I gained 23 yards on my 6 iron with much less dispersion. I couldn't believe it. I kept hitting it just to see if things would change and it didn't. Needless to say I placed an order immediately. Going to be hard waiting for them to be released.

I went for a fitting at Cool Clubs today. They had me try Titleist AP1's, Mizuno JPX-EZ forged, Ping G30, PXG 0311 and the new Callaway Apex's. I currently play Ping I20's. They first had me hit some shots with my clubs to get a baseline and then started me on the others. For me the Mizuno's were the worst followed by the PXG's. The Mizunos were significantly shorter than my current clubs. The PXG's were about the same lengthwise. Pretty even between the AP1's and the G30's with slightly less dispersion with the G30's but no gain in length. Then there is the Callaways. Holy cow. I've never been a huge Callaway fan. My only experience has been with some rental sets a couple times while on vacations. These were amazing. I gained 23 yards on my 6 iron with much less dispersion. I couldn't believe it. I kept hitting it just to see if things would change and it didn't. Needless to say I placed an order immediately. Going to be hard waiting for them to be released.
Nice az, enjoy them when they come in!

Ordered mine this morning

Ordered mine this morning

Nice! I'm playing with the configuration right now. What configuration did you end up ordering?

Nice! I'm playing with the configuration right now. What configuration did you end up ordering?

I went a little crazy. I went 4-PW with True Temper Tour Issue Dynamic Gold shafts and UTX grips +3wraps

Acid green?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why this possibility didn't cross my mind, but holy bejeezus. Yes, that is what I'll be going!

Still stuck between PX 6.0 and C-Taper though.

First impression yesterday... the clubs were not impressed with my hurried, not warmed up swing. Haha. I will say that the top line is pretty big compared to what I've been gaming so it stood out right away. The feel off the face is back to the old apex which I know many people loved. I will take another look at these later

Ordered 6-AW today with Recoil 110's.

Acid green?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It appears they come with a black/silver utx as the stock grip, likely what he went with. My goodness, they took this perfection thing serious!

c1fe032a4aa5628c24bfc3747893d96a.jpg

Back