Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats by Dre Powerbeats.

I want something small, that sits in the ears well for long periods of time. I want to use them at the range and all of that good stuff.

Any thoughts? I see some killer deals for refurbished ones.

I got these when they were on Woot recently. They're more comfortable than my previous over-ear headphones, and definitely sound better. They aren't worth what the original price was ($150 or something), but they're a good buy for the refurb price.

As for the range - how do you deal with the wire when you're hitting balls? I've never found a way to get that comfortable for me.

I just want it for a quick start up time. My old computer took like 5 minutes to start up after a restart, this new one takes 5 seconds.

Ah, in that case, the SSD may well be the only real option - I have no experience of hybrid drives in a practical setting so can't comment on boot times

I am going to assume that you have done the usual things like making sure there aren't any unneccessary apps that are loading on boot-up and that you have defragmented the OS drive to decrease access seek times - a fragmented OS drive will increase boot times as files updated during a Windows update end up being spread all over the drive which makes the machine have to jump all over the place to read them

Another possible cause could be current hard drive is starting to 'die' and is struggling to read the data - I suspect I have this issue on my home PC as sometimes it can boot in a matter of a minute or so, yet other times it can take 5 minutes or more while it tries to read the drive. I haven't got round to replacing it yet, but fortunately, I only have Windows installed on that particular drive, all my data is on other drives

So I just deleted a ton of apps from this computer as a last effort to try and avoid needing a new computer and my battery then said 76% remaining, 2 hours 40 minutes. Then it will drop to 1 hour 40 minutes and the back to 2 hour 40 minutes depending on what I am doing with the computer. So maybe that was the problem? Too many apps on here. I am never going to use any of them so I pretty much just deleted all of them.

I wonder if I can buy one and have best buy install it? I don't know the cost for that though.

Does anyone know if the hybrid drive will do what a SSD will do. I believe that's what it's made for right?

Sorry I don't know much about hybrid drives

Interesting... My experience, with Lenovo @ current workplace, and prior workplace, is what has me trying a Lenovo @ home, now. Fingers-crossed that I don't come away with a different experience.

Just like anything else, you can get the one or two out of many good ones that act funky. Maybe this is what I've experienced.

Just like anything else, you can get the one or two out of many good ones that act funky. Maybe this is what I've experienced.

So very true! I have been fortunate to avoid the proverbial lemon, up to this point.

Sorry you had bad luck GG. I've had an HP laptop for 11 years and have never had a problem with any of them.

Lenovo is a little distant from its IBM era models and aren't what they used to be. Not necessarily bad, but not what they once were.

Dell is unchanged despite the press recently. If you liked Dell before, you still will.

HP had a brief bad spell, but is back strong. Expect you'll have a good experience.

After being yelled at today for having my phone out of my pocket at work by someone who isn't even typically in the building, I've been looking at smart watches for some reason. The Samsung Gear 2 seems to fit what I need to most, but what are some of the other good ones that are out that should be looked at?

If they have tapatalk access, it's a real bonus.

Electronics Pondering

Upgrading cameras, there are some CRAZY good deals out there. Hard to believe a 16mp camera is under 80 dollars from a company like Samsung.

They have come a long way, but don't get too caught up in megapixels. That is the most over rated feature on modern cameras. Sensor quality is much more important. A better sensor of small MPs will produce better photos in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing than just giant MP count.

Amazon releases Fire TV... Trying to figure out what all it offers over what I use currently.

$99 isnt bad, but not sure if there is a need (for me).

Amazon releases Fire TV... Trying to figure out what all it offers over what I use currently.

$99 isnt bad, but not sure if there is a need (for me).

Dude, I'm eying the hell out of it as well.

Dude, I'm eying the hell out of it as well.
It's intriguing to me. I would love a seamless and easy way to stream Amazon Prime on my TV.

It's intriguing to me. I would love a seamless and easy way to stream Amazon Prime on my TV.

Would be cool if it could be used for hbogo

Yep, we use the PS3 in the living room right now for Prime, but I like simplification.

Yep, we use the PS3 in the living room right now for Prime, but I like simplification.
Small, compact, set it & forget it.

I need to go read the reviews on it, I think.

I was looking at the Fire as well. Thinking of dropping TWC and going u-verse and would put a fire in each of the kids rooms to avoid leasing a set top box. $99 is solid.

Just got the email for being able to pre-order the GS5. They are BOGO too. Pretty sure I'll be switching and adding the girly to my plan so she can get one.

Just got the email for being able to pre-order the GS5. They are BOGO too. Pretty sure I'll be switching and adding the girly to my plan so she can get one.

I just got the same thing. I also noticed on the site that the phone without contract is 599.

I just got the same thing. I also noticed on the site that the phone without contract is 599.

I would do that in a heart beat but since I'd be going from a 3g iPhone 4s to a 4g GS5 it'll void my unlimited data either way.

I would do that in a heart beat but since I'd be going from a 3g iPhone 4s to a 4g GS5 it'll void my unlimited data either way.

oh yeah I'd go for the contract price without a doubt.

Do you have access to Wi-Fi? I lost my unlimited last year and haven't had any problems. I just use Wi-Fi when I can and don't download too many things when I'm not. I haven't come close to using all mine

it's somewhat possible, that Best Buy is having this deal starting Sunday...

Starting this Sunday, April 6, Best Buy will offer a minimum $100 credit when you trade in an old XP PC. And you can use that credit toward the purchase of any new Apple or Windows computer or Chromebook.

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-an-ace...=nl.e796&s_cid=e796&ttag=e796&ftag=CAD7dba523

i believe i'll be calling my local store up Sunday morning, and seeing what's up...if so, could get a chromebook for a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back