The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being at work and getting a call from your wife and hearing that her vehicle has broken down while she was out with our daughter. Had to leave work early to take care of the problem.

This just happened to the wife's phone. She's in tears because iTunes is saying she needs to restore to factory settings and she's going to lose three months worth of baby pictures. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408494943.263943.jpg

You can't have your pics auto backup to the cloud with an iPhone?

Before she does that, I would do a little google searching for everything you can do prior to having to factory reset. Also, this would be a good time to check the cloud for any photos that may have also been stored there

Before she does that, I would do a little google searching for everything you can do prior to having to factory reset. Also, this would be a good time to check the cloud for any photos that may have also been stored there

Agreed. Even take it to an Apple store to see if there's anything they can do

This just happened to the wife's phone. She's in tears because iTunes is saying she needs to restore to factory settings and she's going to lose three months worth of baby pictures. View attachment 16011

PM me. I might be able to help out & recover photos.

Spoke to the insurance company this morning about my house as despite them saying they would ring me on Monday I hadn't heard anything and apparently they tried to contact me on Monday but some idiot wrote my number down incorrectly :banghead:

So when I spoke to them this morning I was told that the claim was closed as the policy had been cancelled and due to the house being unoccupied it wasn't valid so they aren't paying anything out towards the claim.....needless to say I immediately disputed this due to the fact I was mis-sold the policy in the first place so I am now waiting on the customer services department ringing me (on the correct number) to file a complaint against both the insurance company and the person in the local branch who mis-sold me the policy in the first place

To say I am unhappy is a bit of an understatement :angry:

Doc I hate that for you .. Pain in the arse for ya for sure.

Speaking of pain in the arse I'm sore, ache, and will be facing someone from physical therapy this morning. I'm thinking they should be very gentle this first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers OG, hope you aren't feeling too rough

Had a phonecall from the customer services/complaints department and they are investigating it, so that will be another couple of days while I am stuck waiting again

Hope something is sorted before we go away in a couple weeks time.....this time today in 2 weeks we will be on a flight to Jamaica and at this point in time it can't come round quick enough

This just happened to the wife's phone. She's in tears because iTunes is saying she needs to restore to factory settings and she's going to lose three months worth of baby pictures.
Gawd, that sucks. Hell, I have trouble keeping my phone from backing up photos. Before I figured out what was going on, I had backups on Dropbox, Google Drive, AND Photobucket.
Call Mike. Hope it works out.

I cannot wait to be a full time stay at home dad and golf equipment reviewer.
Half of that sentence makes me jealous. The other half makes me think you're going to be a great papa.

Applying for a job and it attached a cover letter from a job I applied for 3 years ago. Withdrew my application so I could re-submit and the site says I can't re-apply after withdrawing. effffffff. Now spending quality time with HR to see if I can get it fixed.

HAHAH another $3K for a tranmission for the 2nd time in 3.5 years....not happening...time to start yelling

Damn! What car so I know what to avoid?

HAHAH another $3K for a tranmission for the 2nd time in 3.5 years....not happening...time to start yelling

Finally sold the scotty on eBay and now the buyer is saying it's not the length I advertised and wants to send the putter back. The putter was never altered and the sticker is still on the shaft. Sometimes people drive me nuts!

As a courtesy to my company, I get work emails on my personal phone. I dont get paid extra nor is it in my job description that I be on call all hours of the day and night. Today they send out a SOP that HAS to be signed about using our personal devices. Some of the highlights:

- Users agree that the device will not be shared with other individuals or family members,
due to the business use of the device.

- Prior to disposing of, selling, or transferring ownership of a mobile device, Users must
contact IT Personnel and request to have the device wiped, ensuring *****
information is securely deleted.

- Users are required to password protect their mobile devices. (About a week ago they sent through an update that literally forced me to put a password on my phone)

Yeah, this is my personal device, you can take your red-tape and shove it and remove the email from my phone.

As a courtesy to my company, I get work emails on my personal phone. I dont get paid extra nor is it in my job description that I be on call all hours of the day and night. Today they send out a SOP that HAS to be signed about using our personal devices. Some of the highlights:

Yeah, this is my personal device, you can take your red-tape and shove it and remove the email from my phone.

Wow. That's pretty ballsy.

I have avoided putting my work email on my phone. So far no issues not having it. After 15 years of essentially being on 24/7 call. It's nice to have time I can't be reached.

Sounds like it's time for them to pony up some ducats for a work phone.

Went through the same thing. I told them that unless they are paying me extra to be "on call" 24/7 I don't need work emails that bad. They finally compromised & I only have 1 weeks worth of emails on my phone & they have no ability to manage it.

Went through the same thing. I told them that unless they are paying me extra to be "on call" 24/7 I don't need work emails that bad. They finally compromised & I only have 1 weeks worth of emails on my phone & they have no ability to manage it.

I have it set to 3 days worth of emails and I dont really care what they do. I dont want anything to do with signing their stupid SOP. When I started here it was a small company. Now they hired some people who's job is to just sit around and justify having a job and all they do is add red-tape to everything.

I have it set to 3 days worth of emails and I dont really care what they do. I dont want anything to do with signing their stupid SOP. When I started here it was a small company. Now they hired IT people who's job is to just sit around and justify having a job and all they do is add red-tape to everything.

FIFY.....

Finally sold the scotty on eBay and now the buyer is saying it's not the length I advertised and wants to send the putter back. The putter was never altered and the sticker is still on the shaft. Sometimes people drive me nuts!

tell him you will send him $6 to get it cut or lengthened

FIFY.....

Nope. Its not even IT, its the 2 woman that sit in HR that have nothing better to do then write SOP's that no one reads and are absolutely pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back