The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing left knee just gave out on me. The MCL area has been bothering me, felt a twinge and went down. Walked the dog, came back in, while washing my hands went down for the count. Now on the stupid couch with an ice pack on.

Hope it gets better quick and that there is no damage. Rest up

The Official Rant of the Day

Starting some 21 day diet the wife wants to try. No sugar, no dairy, pretty sure no meat either. I'm either going to like it or go homicidal. 50% for either is my guess. Never tried forgoing any of this before. And the boss is out this week so my 40 hours will feel like 75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting all the way to the course and realizing you forgot golf shoes as you unpack your bag from the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pretend your tennis shoes are spikeless golf shoes.

Unless you have on sandals . . .

This rain is just ridiculous. Woke up to the hardest rain yet and plenty of thunder. Now I get to leave my dog alone all day. Tampa is going to become Atlantis if this keeps up.

This rain is just ridiculous. Woke up to the hardest rain yet and plenty of thunder. Now I get to leave my dog alone all day. Tampa is going to become Atlantis if this keeps up.
Looks like an all day affair too.

uploadfromtaptalk1438600968419.jpg

This is just nuts! Ellie woke me up at 1:30am freaking out from the storms. I have been awake since then. I am a freaking zombie right now and it's STILL pouring outside. I finally got her to at least pee. Arrow just looked outside and gave the non-verbal "hell no" head turn and came back inside.

That sucks GG, I hope you can rest today!
This is just nuts! Ellie woke me up at 1:30am freaking out from the storms. I have been awake since then. I am a freaking zombie right now and it's STILL pouring outside. I finally got her to at least pee. Arrow just looked outside and gave the non-verbal "hell no" head turn and came back inside.

I had to drag Jackson out for a walk because he wouldn't go out on his own.

That sucks GG, I hope you can rest today!

She was so scared that I had to lay on the wood floors and just hold her to try and calm her down. She would finally calm down and then of course another crack of lightning and boom of thunder would hit.

She is currently hiding behind my office chair while Arrow sleeps on my lap. He's stinking up the room right now too because he needs to go out but refuses. Haha, good times over here!

I had to drag Jackson out for a walk because he wouldn't go out on his own.

I tried to do that with him and he was half way out of his collar trying to get back in. It's funny too because normally he doesn't mind the rain, but it's coming down so hard, and I don't think he likes that.

Just found out a great lady I worked with for two years on night shift at the sheriff's office passed away from cancer this morning. She was in her 50s, had battled it a couple years ago and sent the bastard into remission. It came back with a vengeance this summer, and I knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad it was. I regret not reaching out in the past few weeks.

That was Sophie's go-to move this morning. My mother-in-law is supposed to pick her up today, but can't get there because roads are closed (it's only 3 miles away). Sophie is going to be very upset with me when/if I get home this afternoon.

So after four straight days of playing golf, my elbow feels fantastic. Excellent news right? Well now my hand, fingers, and wrist keep falling asleep. Numbness and pins/needles. No way this is related to tennis elbow right?

So after four straight days of playing golf, my elbow feels fantastic. Excellent news right? Well now my hand, fingers, and wrist keep falling asleep. Numbness and pins/needles. No way this is related to tennis elbow right?
How does the palm of your hand feel when you make a fist?

How does the palm of your hand feel when you make a fist?
I don't feel anything in the palm of my hand when I make a fist. Other than the last remnants of my tennis elbow pain.

I don't feel anything in the palm of my hand when I make a fist. Other than the last remnants of my tennis elbow pain.

I suffered from numbness in my fingers last year. I have also suffered from tennis elbow much of my life. Turns out that my numbness was caused from something totally different. I got a bit overweight last year (up to 194 at one point) and it was causing stress on my back in certain spots. It pinched something that I did not feel really and led to numbness in my fingers.

Once I got it under control, it went away and has never come back.

Tennis and golfers elbows are a pain. there quite a few good rehab methods to take care of it, but it is a pain in the back side to deal with.

Just found out a great lady I worked with for two years on night shift at the sheriff's office passed away from cancer this morning. She was in her 50s, had battled it a couple years ago and sent the bastard into remission. It came back with a vengeance this summer, and I knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad it was. I regret not reaching out in the past few weeks.
So sorry to hear this Wake. I know we say it often. But it can't be said enough.

F cancer.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I suffered from numbness in my fingers last year. I have also suffered from tennis elbow much of my life. Turns out that my numbness was caused from something totally different. I got a bit overweight last year (up to 194 at one point) and it was causing stress on my back in certain spots. It pinched something that I did not feel really and led to numbness in my fingers.

Once I got it under control, it went away and has never come back.
I literally just walked out of PT; and specifically off the arm pedal bike thing (whatever it's called). I had tingling (borderline numbness) in BOTH hands.

I'm like a roller coaster with my weight, up, down, UP, down…UP. Looks like I need to be more serious about it.

Tennis and golfers elbows are a pain. there quite a few good rehab methods to take care of it, but it is a pain in the back side to deal with.
It's a real pain in the ass. I've done chiro, and am now two months into physical therapy combined with prescription anti-inflammatory meds. It's finally getting better, but it's been a long F'n 10 months.

I literally just walked out of PT; and specifically off the arm pedal bike thing (whatever it's called). I had tingling (borderline numbness) in BOTH hands.

I'm like a roller coaster with my weight, up, down, UP, down…UP. Looks like I need to be more serious about it.

When I found out what was causing it for me, I got pretty serious about it. And am continuing to now. Its hard to explain to people, and you dont want to make it a big deal, but its scary after a couple of weeks. I started having thoughts of losing a finger or two because it was literally asleep for days at a time.

It's a real pain in the ass. I've done chiro, and am now two months into physical therapy combined with prescription anti-inflammatory meds. It's finally getting better, but it's been a long F'n 10 months.
10 months for tennis elbow?! Jeebus. It should take a few weeks.

Go to 6:13. Coach Rippetoe discusses the best way he has found to rehab elbow tendinitis.

10 months for tennis elbow?! Jeebus. It should take a few weeks.

Go to 6:13. Coach Rippetoe discusses the best way he has found to rehab elbow tendinitis.

Tennis elbow takes more than a few weeks unless one can literally not use their arm at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back