Nike Vapor Flex Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a preview with our friend Nate Radcliffe talking about the next driver from Nike Golf.

Last edited:
Wow, this looks like it could be pretty special.

Lots of homework went into this one.....and I look forward to trying it.

8.5 - 12.5 is a large testing arena...

Man those guys went deep into the brain to design this one, I'm hoping they have a ton of success with it.

This thing looks good and is packed with tech. Nike is not messing around. At first glance, it looks like my days of hitting driver off the deck would probably be over if I were to use this driver.

Impressed with the tech and enjoyed the video discussing all of the components. Looking forward to trying this out!

The science of these drivers is super interesting. I'm curious if moving the weight forward or back with the weighting element has any effect on forgiveness?

Edit: the driver looks fantastic IMO.

This thing looks sweet and is seemingly packed with interesting tech. Will definitely want to give this a hit.

Love the look of this driver. Can't wait to give it a try!

Nike is bringing it this year. If $$ was no object I could easily see my bag filling up with a ton of Nike goodies

The R&D seemingly put into this is staggering.

Holy crap. Not only does that thing look incredible, but it sounds like there is a ton of cool tech in it. I haven't hit a Nike driver since I first started, but this driver might change that.

Woo that thing needs to be hit.

Love seeing the volt colour transfer into clubs (first irons, now woods). Looks great.

Seems pretty interesting. JB, not sure how much info you have received on it, but my first reaction is that it's very similar to the BB Alpha minus the sliding weight. Is there a difference or is it the same general pricinple? And for clarification, I don't think it's a bad thing. Love seeing these companies push the envelope.

Seems pretty interesting. JB, not sure how much info you have received on it, but my first reaction is that it's very similar to the BB Alpha minus the sliding weight. Is there a difference or is it the same general pricinple? And for clarification, I don't think it's a bad thing. Love seeing these companies push the envelope.

I cant comment too much due to rules we follow, but just thought I would mention that the Alpha does not have a sliding weight.

I cant comment too much due to rules we follow, but just thought I would mention that the Alpha does not have a sliding weight.
Yeah I got confused with the BB. Realized it after I typed it. Really looking forward to more info on this when the embargo lifts. I think they did a really good job on the design from a looks perspective.

If I am not mistaken, the Alpha core moves the COG up and down vertically. The Nike driver moves the COG back and forward.

There's a ton of great stuff in that 4 minutes. Man I want to hit this badly.

I tried to pry some info from Nate in NYC. He dropped some hints but man seeing it in this video has my head spinning. There seems to be a ton of tech in it, flexloft(best adapter on market), compression channel returns, rzn cavity backing, and now the flexflight tuner. Its obviously going to be on my list for 2015. I like that the adapter is compatible with the first flexloft system. I just hope they nailed the sound. The first coverts sound is bad, this years is better.

Really interesting video. I wonder how forgiving it will be.

Badges? We don't need to stinking badges!!!

I tried to pry some info from Nate in NYC. He dropped some hints but man seeing it in this video has my head spinning. There seems to be a ton of tech in it, flexloft(best adapter on market), compression channel returns, rzn cavity backing, and now the speed tuner. Its obviously going to be on my list for 2015. I like that the adapter is compatible with the first flexloft system. I just hope they nailed the sound. The first coverts sound is bad, this years is better.

Completely agree about their adapter being one of the best on the market. So easy to adjust and not have to wonder if you did it right etc.

If this driver is anything like the 2.0, lofting up is incredibly recommended

I think the Nike will have a larger impact on change of MOI with the gravity core changing front to back.

They might be both able to change CG but they achieve it in different ways and the BBA also benefits with the MWT. You can alter flight shot with those weights and SW. Changing SW on the fly with such ease is big for me.

Completely agree about their adapter being one of the best on the market. So easy to adjust and not have to wonder if you did it right etc.

If this driver is anything like the 2.0, lofting up is incredibly recommended

I have been pondering a 2.0 head, but I think I might just wait till this now. Perhaps a 915 and Vapor Flex shootout next year.

I have been pondering a 2.0 head, but I think I might just wait till this now. Perhaps a 915 and Vapor Flex shootout next year.

I like that shootout. I would totally wait a few months for it

btw the black and volt look pretty damn good. I kind of thought the head was going to be more of a greyish color.

Back