The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we won't come across that next week. We are only going to one park I believe and it's probably going to be universal.

Week after Christmas is one of their busiest times of the year. They were at capacity at 1030 yesterday morning. Anyway, as a whole the crowds were pretty decent.

Oh how I love driving thru WV. Looking forward to the wonderful truck stops.

As awesome as Disney is.... There are some asshats out there. Unreal some of the things I witnessed today.

In the happiest place on earth...?

I'm with CJ. How'd they get past the no asshats allowed sign. We've never been this time of year, usually go when the crowds are down, right after Labor Day or the week after Thanksgiving. I've never really seen anything horrible. Then again I often have my face fully emersed in Micky Ice cream bars :)

I'm with CJ. How'd they get past the no asshats allowed sign. We've never been this time of year, usually go when the crowds are down, right after Labor Day or the week after Thanksgiving. I've never really seen anything horrible. Then again I often have my face fully emersed in Micky Ice cream bars :)

Don't get me wrong, for the size of the crowd. People were pretty good all in all. But like anything else there were the select few. I'll just call them live trolls of Disney.

Hopefully we won't come across that next week. We are only going to one park I believe and it's probably going to be universal.
Next week will be extremely busy at Universal. My advice is to arrive very early (7am or before), download the free Universal mobile app which will show wait times. See some of the shows. Stay all day if you can, as crowds will lessen late in the day.

Week after Christmas is one of their busiest times of the year. They were at capacity at 1030 yesterday morning. Anyway, as a whole the crowds were pretty decent.
We were there one Easter weekend when the girls were young. We could not move. I don't plan to ever be there again during a major holiday.

Last edited:
Next week will be extremely busy at Universal. My advice is to arrive very early (7am or before), download the free Universal mobile app which will show wait times. See some of the shows. Stay all day if you can, as crowds will lessen late in the day.

The apps are nice Barry, for both universal and Disney. I'd also recommend that you arrive with a recharging capability on your phone for a full day of adventures. Mobile device charging areas aren't available yet.

the last few days have been exhausting. Today is all about relaxing and I am soooo looking forward to that.

the last few days have been exhausting. Today is all about relaxing and I am soooo looking forward to that.

I hear you loud and clear. Absolutely mad rush at work leading up to Christmas/New Year, and my wife took a new job at about the same time, so it's been nuts. That, coupled with driving between both our families the last two days has left me ready to curl up on the couch for a few days.

Stores not opening until 10am when I get off at 8 means tons of time to kill, also need the frost to lift so I can play around later.

Just saw that Stadium is open today and tomorrow. Just saying…

My family went for Christmas in 1990. The park hit capacity on Christmas Day around the same time. I was just a little guy, but I do remember standing at a high point in the park, and looking down at the sea of people. Just nuts.

Just saw that Stadium is open today and tomorrow. Just saying…

Just said that to Jenn. Her response was "care to let your wife play golf?"

you guys should drive to OH and play with us

It was on their Facebook page. Something about double tees (whatever that means) or something.

You serious clark?

7380b7c8f6fee5ebb7f413b896a62723.jpg

I'm…working today…but could play tomorrow.

Let's do it. Nerfny wants in too.
I'll call over there and text you the tee time. Early the better as always? If you can call 10:00 am early…

Bought some pants today. Size 36. Can't remember the last time I wore that size....

Bought some pants today. Size 36. Can't remember the last time I wore that size....
I tried on some 34s that were a little snug last night, first time that ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back