2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Never trust a weather man....and weather talk in a THP event thread is against etiquette. :act-up:

I saw a forecast for partly hilarious with a 100% chance of THP'ers.

I dont have rain gear... nobody makes it in 3x! bastards!

I dont have rain gear... nobody makes it in 3x! bastards!

It wouldn't be the prettiest, IMO, but maybe take a look at some outdoors stores for Frogg Toggs. They have non-cammo versions of jackets and pants (don't know about sizing).

I will be at dinner. no guest

The only forecast that is correct for next weekend is lots of golf and good times with THPers. I cannot wait for next weekend.

Someone PM me when the weather talk stops

Hope to report back from the course tomorrow evening, as I plan to be there in the morning to play 18 and get pictures if possible. I perdict just for PhillyV there will be weather whatever type we end up with and it's all out there.

It is my birthday weekend. And I will be there. What's your excuse? I hope my teammate and I take home the win and add an Invi tag next to our names.

The fact that I'm constantly 250 miles from my family due to college and I actually want to see them, besides, a little bird is telling me I will receive some new irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't put much stock in any weather report, there were days down here in East Tennessee not far from the border that forecasted 3 straight days of rain and it rained a combined total of 45 minutes.

I feel there will be a great thunderstorm with lightning and I will shoot the best round of my life!!! Who wants to be my caddy???

I'll bring my 1 iron and duct tape it to the top of my cart. That'll end any Tstorm threat.

Man I hope I can fix this issue with my driver. Pulls every time and no height what so ever. But I am smashing my irons. So maybe it's a 4 iron off every tee.

I feel there will be a great thunderstorm with lightning and I will shoot the best round of my life!!! Who wants to be my caddy???

I don't think the real heavy stuff's coming for a while. I'd keep playing"

Man I hope this coming week flies by . Fridays round to look forward to with my buddy Sparks and Barry , who I haven't played a round with in over a year .And a Saturday full of THP'ers. I Got out today to knock the rust off and hit the ball fairly well. Also dead centered a few trees and try to see if golf balls floated , so I hope Old Silo is pretty wide open....

Cmon' Friday !

Struck the ball yesterday as good as I ever have. 8/13 gir. 3-putts killed me though. Going to spend a lot of time on the practice green this week. The new works putter (2 ball fang) is taking some getting used to.

Man I hope this coming week flies by . Fridays round to look forward to with my buddy Sparks and Barry , who I haven't played a round with in over a year .And a Saturday full of THP'ers. I Got out today to knock the rust off and hit the ball fairly well. Also dead centered a few trees and try to see if golf balls floated , so I hope Old Silo is pretty wide open....

Cmon' Friday !

You aint kidding! Other than today, the rest of the week can go ahead and fly by. Looking forward to a ton of fun and a ton of golf! Another HOF tag would be cool too.

Awesome 7 days coming up. Should find out pairings and format soon, playing golf with THPers this coming week, packing for THP events are always exciting and it's another excuse to clean the clubs :)

Now, time for some serious script pondering

Just back from Old Silo, I went out early than my start time as the guy in the shop said he suggested that I get out in front of next foursome. So I was #1 at 8:30 with any warm up and my 1st time there. I took pictures that I might get to post some later this evening. I found out on the 1st green that even though still damp from the 7" plus inches of rain , they are fast. There was a lot of logs, bush and mud still on the edge of four holes on the course. Crews are working trying to clean up after all the flooding and pumps were moved from bunkers to bunkers that are partially filled with water and others are drying, one bunker was playable but wet. They have people working on getting everything back in normal condition but I was cart path only for the 1st 9 and 90 degree for the second but lots of wet area on the four holes near the creek. Fairways were in good shape for the arrival of spring and rough is getting tall(a ball can disappear in it). I selected the white tees as I felt they would fit my game and length, I hit driver very well today. My short irons were either long or short of target most of the day, wedges play decent, 4-5 irons not my best today. I finished with a 90 and a total of 30 putts so you can see that I struggled in iron play from that. Pin placement was and will be challenging in my opinion as the greens are so near perfection and multi-tiers and hard to see some changes in the ridges from a distance. I think the long ball hitters will have a big advantage on most holes because they can pass many of the problem bunkers. The turkey were gobbling and deer tracks everywhere, the food smelt great in the resturant but I wanted to get started back home. I think our bunch will a great time on Old Silo and look forward to getting those pictures up in a short while and maybe finding out who my team-mate will be. Later, Nathan

Thanks for the update sounds like they have been working hard the last few weeks to keep it in good shape

Mike you see when I post my pictures that they really are trying to get ready for us the greens are going to be tricky

2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Extremely tough day at the course this morning. Likely my last tune up for this one. Erratic with the driver and irons were not crisp at all. Bunker play was exceptional. Putting was decent with lots of edges burned. Chipping was hit and miss. Should play much of the course this weekend :)

Mountain Slicer, I have merged your two accounts.

Back