2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Okay THP members that is what I saw today at Old Silo now it's counting down till Saturday- looking forward to some great golf and fun with new friends.

Thanks for the update on the course. It looks great and they should have it back in great shape. The pics look good as it is greener than I hoped.

Now just if I had a partner

Looks very lush. Surprised considering there was still a lot of brown out at my home course today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really glad to see the greens, fairways still coming back in and lots of divots left out and not filled in, ball marks are healing nicely. No shortage of moisture and if they get some dry time this week the ball rollout should be really good in the heart of the fairways.

thanks for the update on the course and the pics, looks like the course is in pretty good shape and will be a challenging fun course.

Awesome pictures! I knew the course would make progress each day. That rain really made the course green up and get lush and gorgeous. Sounds like bunkers get whipped into shape this week and we get to enjoy a few days of fun

Looks beautiful... I really need to work on my game this week... Bad...

Thanks for the pictures, the course looks great, however I am already counting the numbers of my balls I'll lose in that rough .

Looks like I'm getting everything dialed in but the flat stick. Gotta put some green work in before the weekend. So ready for a break from work. Next weekend can't get here soon enough.

Invitational Week is upon us!!

Woo Hoooo !!
C'Mon Friday !

So looking forward to this but first I got to head out in the morning for 3 days of training in the big Indianapolis with the wife tagging along. Then make it back home on Thursday night, load up on Friday morning and head out to my first THP event. It won't get here soon enough!

Format Announcement​

Front 9 - Shamble. Both players tee off and choose the best drive out of the two. They then each play from there until the hole is completed for both players. Combined score of the hole is counted and triple bogey is the maximum allowable score per hole per player.

Back 9 - Best Ball (Four ball) w/ A Twist - Each player will play their own ball for the duration of the 9 holes. The best score on each hole by each team of 2 is recorded. The twist is that both players must be represented on the scorecard at least twice on the back 9. Maximum allowable score is double par.

Best Ball with a twist?? Yes! Love the format! Love starting out with Shamble as well!

Best Ball with a twist?? Yes! Love the format! Love starting out with Shamble as well!

This year we went back through every single competition event we have ever done. Then went through all of the talk about what is the most fair. Then the preferences of wanting to play ball, etc.

This format gives the closest chance for both low, mid and high handicapped players to compete without being handicapped. We think people are going to really enjoy themselves at the Invitationals.

This year we went back through every single competition event we have ever done. Then went through all of the talk about what is the most fair. Then the preferences of wanting to play ball, etc.

This format gives the closest chance for both low, mid and high handicapped players to compete without being handicapped. We think people are going to really enjoy themselves at the Invitationals.

I love it really. One question, the two score minimum from each player, does the score have to be different to be counted? Obvious example is both players make a 5. Can that count as one score for one of the players towards the two score minimum?

Really enjoyed the format last year at Indy and I think this will be even better. Thumbs up you guys for taking last year plus our comments and making an adjustment to make it as fun as possible. Nice job JB

I love it really. One question, the two score minimum from each player, does the score have to be different to be counted? Obvious example is both players make a 5. Can that count as one score for one of the players towards the two score minimum?

Sure can.

What a great way for scoring , Love the format guys . It should allow for some low scores to be posted .

Liking the formats, and really like the twist as well

That is a neat twist on the best ball format!

Back