What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 80 today, had 4 double bogeys that killed my score errrr. But the heat index is 110 so that didn't help much either...

41/39 at heritage at westmoor. Played the black tees, 71.9/129. I had 2 doubles on the front and missed 2 birdie putts inside 5 ft. Should have been a 76 lol

Picked up my new XR irons from the fitter yesterday and went out for 9 this morning before work. Shot a PB 40! Went par,par, double(penalty OB in a creek), par, double(flubbed 2 sand shots), bogey, par, par, par. Went to post it in the computer in the club house and the computer asked "are you sure, this score is lower than usual" :laugh:

Congrats on the new PB!!!

40,40 for 80 today. 9 fairways, 11 GIR, 36 putts, 3 3-putts. I played a Callaway 815 Alpha driver this round for the first time (without any warm-up). Fairways hit (9) is a little misleading because none of the misses were more that a yard or so off the short grass--mostly left. I was consistently hitting a draw, where I normally hit the ball straight. Putting is coming along. Still learning to read and putt on Bermuda I guess. But, I'm rolling it really good, just not falling in.

Shot 39/41=80 at the goat track from the whites, 13 FWs, 30 putts with no 3 putts, 1 birdie and 1 double. It was 99* when I left the course soaking wet. The fairways and greens are in pretty good shape considering that we are needing rain.

Lawd I miss my old stomping grounds ! Good round partner ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 (40/41). As I've been recovering from a groin pull, my 40-year sh**k companion decided to visit me. Not only was I sh**king a LOT of shots, but I had lost a lot of distance off the tee. Most of it was due to swinging easier, but the shank was another issue.

I finally remembered my particular cure for the sh**ks, and today began hitting my irons flush again. The weather was gorgeous, a wonderful foursome, and some nice BS and cigars. A morning round of golf that I'll remember for some time.

41/39 at heritage at westmoor. Played the black tees, 71.9/129. I had 2 doubles on the front and missed 2 birdie putts inside 5 ft. Should have been a 76 lol
Ha...told you we should have went tips, 7500 would have been more interesting than 6888!

38/43-81 birdies were there for the taking...just didn't get taken I matched your doubles on the back. I need to work on the head game during slow play like the back nine. Or maybe its the body stiffening up waiting on every hole...probably both!

Ha...told you we should have went tips, 7500 would have been more interesting than 6888!

38/43-81 birdies were there for the taking...just didn't get taken I matched your doubles on the back. I need to work on the head game during slow play like the back nine. Or maybe its the body stiffening up waiting on every hole...probably both!
Your driver was on fire today. Good to see you striking the ball normally again. Just stop slapping your irons lol. It was pretty brutal on the back. Waiting 15 min every shot is horrible

38/37 today.

Eagle and 3 birds plus nothing worse than bogey means a good day.

38/37 today.

Eagle and 3 birds plus nothing worse than bogey means a good day.
Nice dude! Hell of a round

Thank you! It really was, hit as hell though, heat index is 114
Thats unreal haha in NY im complaining if its like 85 lol 100 just scares me. Props to you guys playing and playing well in that stuff lol pass me a water sir.

Today was a great day for me. Played a par 66 so the final score of 80 has to come with Asterix. But the thing that I'm excited about was no 3 putts again and I scored my first ever Eagle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

38/42 for 80. Should have been a sub-80 round. Stumbled home on the last two holes with bogie and then double.

8 fwy, 8 GIR, 32 putts (one 3-putt), no penalties
1 birdie, 10 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles.

42-45 87, 2 penalties one on a drive, the other in the rough around par 5 green. I'm bringing a lawn mower tomorrow. 6 pars, 1 birdie, 5 doubles. Still the score was below my moving average for the last 20 rounds, and for the season.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Worked hard for it today, but broke 90 again (third straight!)

Fatigue set in on the 15th and I took some penalties in bad tee shots. And the three putting really hurt my round but I'll take sub 90 any day honestly!

19623a2cc7c6b5885b579fe418565ae3.jpg
6fa06a1ee99f3238f7bb4896a0178db2.jpg
3c3741d475541553bab52964253e0c5f.jpg

45/41-86, other than the 8 I took on the par 4 9th, I hit the ball pretty good. The best part is I beat my brother in law by 1 stroke, he had me by 3 with 3 to play but I reeled him in.

Last edited:
Got out for 18 tonight, shot a 40/41 and frankly it was terrible. Ball striking was not very good at the start although it got better on the back nine which caused problems. Once I started striking the ball the way I felt I could, I flew a couple of greens on the back.

Chipping saved me tonight. Absolutely crushed a few 2 irons off the tee tonight and starting to prefer it to the hybrid.

The bad play/ slow start was probably attrituable to not being able to touch the clubs all week.

Range tomorrow and 36 on Sunday should take care of that.

I am glad this work week is over.

38/45-83

3 birdies and missed a 4th by one roll

I played 14 holes at +2 to par but had 3 doubles and a triple on the other 4 holes

Got out for another 9. Overland park. Played front 9 and shot 37. 3 bogeys and eagle (on 9)

Shot 90 today. Overall a pretty good ball-striking day, but had 2 loose tee shots that turned into triples. Close to being a mid-80's round, but need to get a few chips closer.

A Frickin' Bazillion! (81)

We Teed off at 2:45 and the heat got to me today - not an excuse - Heat index at the course today was 108* - just too dang hot for me - this Fat Old Man just couldn't handle it, but I played it out.

No idea. The wife and I went out for 9 and dinner after work. Didn't keep score and played some of my best golf. Was able to finish out par, par, bogey, par bogey for me which is decent on the tough course. Ended up getting the dinner for free so it was a great night.

Shot a 95 yesterday, which ESC down to 93 on a 131 slope, although the course felt much tougher. I kept the ball in play, which is tough to do on this course, and seemed to pull off shots when I needed to, but also had a good amount of mis hits, lots of low on the face contact. But putting was a shining point and my scrambling has improved a lot this season.

I'm starting to learn how to limit the big numbers and it's helping with scoring on days or holes where the swing decides to take a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back