Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

i have a 18* and 20* utility iron i am alternating in the bag. so i have a big gap degree wise from 12* to the 18/20* but i am considering lofting up to 14 on the mini.

I have one Ryan you may try ☺. I Plan on taking it to the maiden voyage tomorrow and maybe at North Bel to be exact. I am primarily bought it for short par 4's and own a driver as well. But who knows what kind of distances and direction I will see On the Sim I flat out put a hurting on the ball with the mini

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks Dustin!

The more I think about it, the more I think it would make sense to turn it up to 15 or 16 degrees which would make the distance more similar to 3w but with significantly higher launch (and therefore less sidespin = straighter). Could definitely see the use in that for shorter tee balls.

It's a fun club to hit, it really is. When you hit it good it really feels like you murdered it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks Dustin!

The more I think about it, the more I think it would make sense to turn it up to 15 or 16 degrees which would make the distance more similar to 3w but with significantly higher launch (and therefore less sidespin = straighter). Could definitely see the use in that for shorter tee balls.

It's a fun club to hit, it really is. When you hit it good it really feels like you murdered it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I am about to spank this one, it was so consistent for me on the Sim. 3 sessions hitting it and let's say I almost bought it right then and there shortly after. It truly is that good

Is the mini being replaced by a new model or something? I can't seem to find a single one here in Sweden. They are out of stock everywhere and has been for a while now... I really want to try one.

Is the mini being replaced by a new model or something? I can't seem to find a single one here in Sweden. They are out of stock everywhere and has been for a while now... I really want to try one.

Nothing has been announced, however they sold out in a lot of places rather quickly.

I put my XR 3 wood in my bag. That lasted for about 5 minutes and I put the Mini Bertha right back in for Savannah. I had two Par 5's last week where I was about 250 and thoughts of going for it in 2 started creeping in. Until I know that shot is something I can rely on, the Mini Driver is the better option for my game.

In norway it is available for sure. Have mine for a month now.
Yesterday I set it to 15 D. Hit some really good tee shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those playing the mini, what is the next club progression degree wise? is it between 19* - 21*?

XR 19* 5 w for me.

All I can is this is a beast! No need for driver, was hitting the net about 15 feet up on the fly and it felt like it had power behind it. It rocketed off nice and high with a very slight fade The project x worked well but had way more control with the speeder shaft. I am planning on using this as my driver as it was longggggg! Added a 16* 815 alpha which will be making a 17*

I'm not knowledgeable about these things. I have the 14* stock KK stiff. Shaft simply doesn't work for me. I like the Aldila Tour Blue R in my x2 hot 3w. How would I go about tracking one of these down with the right tip, etc?

I'm not knowledgeable about these things. I have the 14* stock KK stiff. Shaft simply doesn't work for me. I like the Aldila Tour Blue R in my x2 hot 3w. How would I go about tracking one of these down with the right tip, etc?
Look on ebay. You can get driver shaft pulls pretty easily then butt trim to play stock 44". Or you can buy the optifit adaptor then pull the shaft from your 3w and install in your mini. Second potion might give you a different playing length though

Look on ebay. You can get driver shaft pulls pretty easily then butt trim to play stock 44". Or you can buy the optifit adaptor then pull the shaft from your 3w and install in your mini. Second potion might give you a different playing length though

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the adapter. There is only one version of optifit adapter?

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the adapter. There is only one version of optifit adapter?
You need the one that fits x2hot/bertha/xr

Yep, just make sure the tip has two cogs.

Thanks for the guidance. I was scratching my head before.

It really is and consistently straight for me. I now its cleche but the club is long and accurate

How much of a distance gap are you seeing between this and your driver?

Wasn't thinking about this club but current driver stumbles have me pondering trying this out

I'm loving the Mini so far. I bought the 12* and it's almost as long as my driver. I ended up using a different shaft to play at 43.5" and cranked the loft up. Since making those changes, it has helped to create a gap between driver and either my 4 or 5 wood.

How much of a distance gap are you seeing between this and your driver?
10 to 20 yards. I have uncorked some real bangers with my mini. And I will.give up that distance to be in the fairway. I'm not the best driver of the ball but fairway woods and this mini are deadly

I recently picked up a Fly-Z which I love but I also feel like I have to have this club in the bag as well, even just for the "novelty" factor.

Im not gonna lie this one is intriguing.... I'm hitting the VSeries so well and hate to mess with it bc I have a love/hate relationship with my fairway woods, but this one is an itch I might need to scratch.

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been touched on already but I'm wondering if there is s huge difference in the stock shaft offerings? I am not overly knowledgeable when it comes to shafts and was wondering if there is a preference between the kurokage and speeder?

Back