Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Just picked up a new 915 D2 head for this event and cant wait to start shaft testing.

Nice dude! Have it in hand yet?

Also, JB, how much longer till we're locked in on our driver choice? I just want to hit the Vapor Pro one more time before I pull the trigger, but I'm about 95% sure I'll be going for that head.

I dream about how awesome this event is going to be daily. Shaft designs still spinning through my psyche.

Nice dude! Have it in hand yet?

Also, JB, how much longer till we're locked in on our driver choice? I just want to hit the Vapor Pro one more time before I pull the trigger, but I'm about 95% sure I'll be going for that head.

I dream about how awesome this event is going to be daily. Shaft designs still spinning through my psyche.

Tracking has it at my local post office, so should be at home waiting for me when I get home.

Just picked up a new 915 D2 head for this event and cant wait to start shaft testing.

Nice. I'm hoping to pick up an 815 or 815 DBD before the event, but we'll see how the budget is holding up after June :)

I went back and watched the video again from JB's OP on the event. We will be actually involved in making and rolling the shaft we end up designing. Just so dang cool.

I went back and watched the video again from JB's OP on the event. We will be actually involved in making and rolling the shaft we end up designing. Just so dang cool.

Absurd. So awesome.

Though, TBH I'm a little nervous, and hoping I don't screw it up hahaha

Absurd. So awesome.

I have the same fears, but I am pretty detailed when I build stuff and know we will have the best in the business helping us.

I have the same fears, but I am pretty detailed when I build stuff and know we will have the best in the business helping us.

I'm kinda hoping the part we get to help with is like "Insert square peg into the square hole" and they handle all the tricky stuff :)

Absurd. So awesome.

I'm kinda hoping the part we get to help with is like "Insert square peg into the square hole" and they handle all the tricky stuff :)
That's why I'm not quite as jealous of you guys as I should be.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the baseline shafts and how the gurus are able to turn your thoughts into a truly fit for you shaft.

That's why I'm not quite as jealous of you guys as I should be.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the baseline shafts and how the gurus are able to turn your thoughts into a truly fit for you shaft.

I can't say I'm ACTUALLY worried about it, I know that the PX experts will get us all squared away. It's a good nervous!

d1322a7f9298bd00ec7b588d61d30b7e.jpg

7466c095b35f213a05f5db7ce00bf87d.jpg

I can not wait to get that test shaft in this.

Soooo pretty. You know this means I'm gonna have to get something new too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just couldn't put whatever amazing creation that comes from event into my old driver head. I wanted to start fresh with a solid head that I admittedly was eyeing for a while now.

Ok I'll join! It isn't mine yet, but if all goes well hitting it over the next few days it will be my Excalibur in San Diego :D

5067d0e5475c83b7e7e452eed7f733d5.jpg

I gotta find a driver I can swing as aggressively as with my 3 wood. May be time to head back to Felix Clubworks in Memphis.

I was thinking about this today, while I was playing and hitting my driver pretty well.
Almost a shame to replace a perfectly good shaft with a BETTER shaft, built for me, by me! Almost....
But not quite.
Should be a great experience!

I was thinking about this today, while I was playing and hitting my driver pretty well.
Almost a shame to replace a perfectly good shaft with a BETTER shaft, built for me, by me! Almost....
But not quite.
Should be a great experience!

True, but you can always resell the less awesome shaft to cover the new driver (or for awesome SD food).

I've been thinking of what text I want to put on my shaft. Right now it's down to "boom stick", "nerd cannon", and "dr hump" with "dr hump" in the lead since I'm finishing my Computer Science doctorate.

I've been thinking of what text I want to put on my shaft. Right now it's down to "boom stick", "nerd cannon", and "dr hump" with "dr hump" in the lead since I'm finishing my Computer Science doctorate.

I sense a forum name change on the horizon.

I don't know exactly how the design process is going to work but I've been going to work on Photoshop with a design I have in mind. I'm hoping I can show up with the image and the guys at Project X can put it on the shaft. If not, it'll give me a good baseline to build off of.

I'm thinking either a white or gold or black as a base color. Then having some bands of color in different places. I need to find a way to do some mockups, though I'm not really Photoshop or Paint savvy.

Is it odd that I'm thinking of going with a mini driver or strong/deep fairway wood as my driver. Probably not going to happen but considering it.

You will regret that, I promise.

Is it odd that I'm thinking of going with a mini driver or strong/deep fairway wood as my driver. Probably not going to happen but considering it.

Do you plan on playing one as your driver replacement permanently?

IMO, go driver and truly soak in all that this is going to be in terms of education and technology. Plus, a shaft FOR you and your swing, could just unlock your driver to all new levels.

You will regret that, I promise.

Do you plan on playing one as your driver replacement permanently?

IMO, go driver and truly soak in all that this is going to be in terms of education and technology. Plus, a shaft FOR you and your swing, could just unlock your driver to all new levels.

Wow that was quick :) I meant to post that in the activities/extra rounds thread and I wasn't very clear of my actual intent. I'm definitely getting going with a driver for this event. That was meant for discussion in the other thread for something I was planning to try for a bit. No way I'm putting the custom shaft in anything but a driver.

Note to self: Double check which thread you're posting in and always add plenty of context.

I fully agree, I can't imagine you'll be taking full advantage of the tech if you go in with a 1.5 wood. IIRC your issue was hookiness with the driver, which is a swing thing, but also a fitting to the swing thing. And I have a feeling that after this event, you will be fitted to your swing in driver better than ever before.

Related point, you should get an XR :D

Back