Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Darn you...that's right in middle of the "should I spend it" area. I'm still waiting on a hospital bill from out 1 month old. Let me get that and swing back around on this. I just bought an 815 hybrid. If I get this, you know it means I have to get the 3 wood too for the set to match...grr. Need more $$$$$.

#OCDMatching

We need to get the message out about this debilitating disease haha. I too suffer from this

Darn you...that's right in middle of the "should I spend it" area. I'm still waiting on a hospital bill from out 1 month old. Let me get that and swing back around on this. I just bought an 815 hybrid. If I get this, you know it means I have to get the 3 wood too for the set to match...grr. Need more $$$$$.

#OCDMatching

We need to get the message out about this debilitating disease haha. I too suffer from this

You guys crack me up. I'm guessing my 5 brand bag would give you guys paralyzing fits!! :alien:

You guys crack me up. I'm guessing my 5 brand bag would give you guys paralyzing fits!! :alien:

I'm a multi-brander. I just like everything in my bag to fit together and my woods to be of the same line of possible. It makes me play better (at least that's what I tell myself).

I'm currently sporting the red, white, and blue:
f87a6b16913136577f0836897ed9c2f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys lets keep this one to the event. Thanks.

Love the 545s been eyeing those for more than a little while now. EDIT*Sorry about that JB.

Guys lets keep this one to the event. Thanks.

Will do cap'n. So back on point, I'm really curious to see if the custom shafts feels like compared to all the stuff I've played in the past. My current shaft fits me pretty well, but I'm really curious to see what the feel difference is. I'm imagining that it's going to be much easier to get those heaven's parting, euphoric hits on a ball than it is now because the shaft will be tuned specifically to how I swing.

I think my only question will be how to take what I am feeling from the "test" shaft and try and articulate what I am feeling to the fitters. I am hoping its like an eye exam, 1 or 2 or better 3 ... To really zone in the best for our swing characteristics

I think my only question will be how to take what I am feeling from the "test" shaft and try and articulate what I am feeling to the fitters. I am hoping its like an eye exam, 1 or 2 or better 3 ... To really zone in the best for our swing characteristics

I've been wondering this myself, as I am far from a shaft expert. Interested to see what the "journal" will entail.

There is no doubt in my mind this shaft is going in the BB 815. Amazing club as it is, can't imagine how great it's going to be with a custom made shaft in it!

As for my design, I was a little naive at first and didn't think of copyrighted logos. I was all set on something then saw this thread yesterday and was like, oh well that's out. But after some thinking I have a really cool idea. I just need to figure out how to put it all together. In my mind, I can see it. Unfortunately I have zero artistic skills so may need to reach out to some friends to help me bring my idea to life.

The designs are actually one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in following this. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

The designs are actually one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in following this. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

I've got so many ideas spinning around in my head it's not funny! I was originally thinking matte white with maroon and orange accents, but after seeing a bunch of shafts at my fitting Wed I kinda like the metallic looking ones, a la this:

DSCN3611-L.jpg

So I'm thinking that might be my base, with dark maroon and some orange on top? Or maybe THP Green instead? So many possibilities!!

THP Logo (I think it is permissable) across the top half of the shaft.
Barber pole/candy cane style Light blue and mid green (Tulane U colors), with metallic sheen on both.
August 2015 somewhere around the tip for a time stamp.
Should look pretty good, and unique.

I'm really having fun thinking of colors I'd like to see in the shaft I design. Will for sure have some THP Green. Also must have some White & Gold. May also add some Maroon. No idea what or how I'll use all these colors yet but hoping to fit them all in somehow.

I love it guys, its going to be insane trying to see what all we can do. I just keep daydreaming with each round what my ideal setup would be.

Best part is, we will get to MAKE them. Insane.

THP Logo (I think it is permissable) across the top half of the shaft.
Barber pole/candy cane style Light blue and mid green (Tulane U colors), with metallic sheen on both.
August 2015 somewhere around the tip for a time stamp.
Should look pretty good, and unique.

This is a good point, hadn't thought to date it for some reason. Definitely doing something like that.

Man, you guys are in for such a treat. Good for you!

I might just have to design one myself.

What you guys are going to get to do here is nothing short of unbelievable.

For me, my shaft would definitely have red as the main standout color and then some white to make it pop. Probably a metallic look to it.

I'm not very creative so I'm glad that I didn't get in. :silly:

Love seeing everybody thinking about it already!

I might just have to design one myself.

JB are you joining us in San Diego for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at every thp event, someone has to pay for the meals...haha.

I'm at every thp event, someone has to pay for the meals...haha.

Just picked up a new 915 D2 head for this event and cant wait to start shaft testing.

Back