One Rule of Golf You have Never Broken

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I refuse to carry more than 14 clubs, even when I am trying clubs out. What rule have you never broken, official or unofficial?

I refuse to carry more than 14 clubs, even when I am trying clubs out. What rule have you never broken, official or unofficial?

Never had more then that many clubs..so I guess that's the only one I can't think of

ball teed up on any shot after the tee shot, adjusting the characteristics of a club during a round, using alignment sticks on the course (but will frequently use a club as an alignment stick)

Now ask me which rules I frequently intentionally break regardless of who is watching...hahaha...actually just a few and for good reasons

I think all golfers have broken this rules at some point but only during fun rounds. I prefer to stick to the rules on tournament golf but that's only for myself, i'm not bothered what other people do

Rules??? This is Obamaland...what rules??? :D :D :D

I think the 14 club rule is the only one I haven't broken...but...I don't post a score or post the highest score I can if I even think I broke/bent a rule...yes, I am a/retentive (well not really but pop-psychology is too main stream)

I don't know all the rules yet, but I'm sure there are some I haven't ever broken. There's still time though.

I am broken all of the rules at one time or another. Be it in scrambles or practice matches. Never in competitive rounds or rounds where I post the score.

I'm sure at one time or another, especially early on, I have broken most of the rules.

14 club limit, and there are a ton of others I want to claim but I can't say for certain (score, tee behind tees, marking of ball, etc.)

I am sure I have broken all of them at some point in practice rounds.

I will not use distance finders, GPS, etc.

Not against the rules.

Really? I thought for sure distance finders were againt the rules unless there was a local rule that allowed it. Well, I'm still not using them

If your golf league rules contradict some USGA rules, is that breaking the rules?

Really? I thought for sure distance finders were againt the rules unless there was a local rule that allowed it. Well, I'm still not using them

Slope compensators are illegal. They may be illegal in tournament play. They are also illegal if it is a smartphone app.

Not in any comp you or I are likely to play! They aren't allowed on Tour, and I assume there are competitons that don'tallow them, but in rounds in which you are setting your handicap, they are allowed.

Not in any comp you or I are likely to play! They aren't allowed on Tour, and I assume there are competitons that don'tallow them, but in rounds in which you are setting your handicap, they are allowed.

I agree with all of that. I guess it just depends on how you interpret the original question.

Gps is definitely banned unless specifically written in as a local rule.

I'm sure there are more, but one I've never broken (to my knowledge), is illegally moving my ball without penalty. I know I've broken the 14 club rule lots of times in practice rounds.

I've never broken a rule.ever.

Okay, maybe I do when I'm not playing in a tournament

You have to wear pants/short - I've always followed that rule. :act-up:

Gps is definitely banned unless specifically written in as a local rule.

I'm sure there are more, but one I've never broken (to my knowledge), is illegally moving my ball without penalty. I know I've broken the 14 club rule lots of times in practice rounds.

I don't believe this is correct.

So do you walk off your distances?

Back