Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

My current carry is fine, 265-275 is more than enough. The beauty it that I have a bit more in the tank if I need it.

I would be happy with a carry distance of 250 I want to be accurate though

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be happy with a carry of 250 to 260 yards. Right now I'm slightly below that but with some practice, exercise, etc..........

doc

My speed is right around 102-4. I carry maybe 235-40. If i get a total of 255 or so, I can do some damage.

If I could get a consistent carry of 240-250 I would be happy

I know you said to not worry about accuracy but that is the only part of my driving I'm not satisfied with. I carry at least 230-240ish every time but the missed fairways always outweigh the FIR. I'm too proud to aim left & the few times I have, I've hit a perfect straight ball or pulled it into the parking lot.

As long as it hits the fairway I'm happy, but 230-240 would be nice.

I consistently carry it 260-265 give or take a few yards and around 270-275 with roll and would like 275-280 carry on a consitent basis carry with 285-295 with roll. This is just a normal swing of around 108 mph, and I do not play xstiff because of my swing tempo but some of that has to do with my swing and the conditions I play in and the equipment can have a minor affect but all my stuff is custom fit pretty much....not the 1k dollar regional fitting center fitting but the normal fittings which I had and carry the same specs now for years!

current carry in the air of kentucky is around 350 i would like to get to 375. avg swing speed was 135 on trackman session yesterday.

I'd be happy with 235-250 if I could hit FIRs 75% or better.

I'd be happy with a consistent 260-270

I currently get about 250 carry. I think with a few lessons and a fitting I could probably get up to 280 pretty reasonably. Of course, I'd trade that extra 30-40 yards for hitting 80% of fairways every day of the year.

current carry in the air of kentucky is around 350 i would like to get to 375. avg swing speed was 135 on trackman session yesterday.

LOL, I was starting to groan until I saw who made the post.

275 - all I think I could ever get. Right now I carry in between 245-265.....need to work on consistent ball speed. The carry I currently have works well on most Texas fairways with the rollout, but more distance would be nice.

with a swing speed of 95mph (avg) and a ball speed of 144 (avg) my carry is about 210/215 with anything from 235 to 255 total dependant on weather and conditions,i like these numbers,im no means a big hitter and i choke down a bit on my driver as i dont get alot of accuracy playing full length 46'' driver,ive never had a fitting for my driver so dont know whats good or bad size wise but i can play this length to good effect.

I'd really like to be at least 220, which I'm not.

300 carry. Sounds greedy, I know, but I can carry it about 285 now, so If I could carry it 300, I would ask for no more, I promise.

Eleventy billion yards

I am satisfied with my current carry distance, just not always so fond of the control.

I am satisfied with my current carry distance, just not always so fond of the control.

This is a good answer as the control outweighs the distance in the long run!

If I think about distance and don't worry about accuracy (that would stay current) ...I say 275 carry constantly would make me happy with my current 50% FIR count.

Give me 220 carry and a few more fw's and I'd be happy. I have day's where I'm past that, carry, but just not often.

Like many responders, I'd be ecstatic with 285-300 yard carry! That would equate to around 300-325 yard drives! Mickelsonesque!

But back to reality for me as 215-220 yard carry (230-235 yard total) would be super, especially if in or near the fairway!

Problem with this thread is that we always want more.

Personally, I would be happy with 310 carry. Not sure that will ever happen.

I would like too be more consistent with my carry 255-275 would like to tighten that to 265-275

Back