Golf Ball Review - 2015 Lady Precept

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Lady Precept was just announced and THPers are the first to get them in their hands.

This thread will serve as host for their reviews.

The UPS man just left me a small package at the door. I opened it immediately and saw a folded paper, it is a very nice note from Corey welcoming me to the testing of the all new Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept. Some highlights from the letter are:

Scheduled to hit the shelves June 1, 2015
The Lady Precept is the most popular ladies' ball in the history of the game.
This iteration is a fresh make over just in time for the 16th anniversary of the Lady.

The major changes are:
1 - New softer core
2 - Softer surlyn cover for better greenside performance.

I chose the optic yellow for testing and the box will certainly not let anyone pick up the wrong color by mistake, it is really yellow. The packing looks to be high quality and the box has some added information on the back, hopefully you can read it in the picture. The yellow on this ball at first glance appears to be slightly more "dull" than most optic yellow balls from Bridgestone, I will compare the B330-RX and the e6 in an on course comparison tomorrow, not the actual ball performance as these are all entirely different balls just the color is all I will compare. The alignment arrows that Bridgestone users have become familiar with are present but this time the word "lady" is in script, I think it looks pretty cool. The cover does not feel particularly soft to me but it is somewhat 'squeaky" when I rub it hard.

Just a bit on me - I am a 67 year old male golfer who on normal drives hits the ball 200-220 and I hit my 9 iron roughly 115 so my swing speed should be comparable to many female golfers. I played a dozen of the last series of Lady Precept balls and liked most things about them except greenside performance, I am hoping the new cover helps out in that category. I usually get out on the course 2 to 4 times per week.

I will add pictures in the next post as they are on my phone and it is easier to just post from it. I will be glad to test this ball versus any thing requested if I have it on hand. As always please ask any questions that you have and I or one of my fellow testers will be glad to give our findings.

The UPS man just left me a small package at the door. I opened it immediately and saw a folded paper, it is a very nice note from Corey welcoming me to the testing of the all new Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept. Some highlights from the letter are:

Scheduled to hit the shelves June 1, 2015
The Lady Precept is the most popular ladies' ball in the history of the game.
This iteration is a fresh make over just in time for the 16th anniversary of the Lady.

The major changes are:
1 - New softer core
2 - Softer surlyn cover for better greenside performance.

I chose the optic yellow for testing and the box will certainly not let anyone pick up the wrong color by mistake, it is really yellow. The packing looks to be high quality and the box has some added information on the back, hopefully you can read it in the picture. The yellow on this ball at first glance appears to be slightly more "dull" than most optic yellow balls from Bridgestone, I will compare the B330-RX and the e6 in an on course comparison tomorrow, not the actual ball performance as these are all entirely different balls just the color is all I will compare. The alignment arrows that Bridgestone users have become familiar with are present but this time the word "lady" is in script, I think it looks pretty cool. The cover does not feel particularly soft to me but it is somewhat 'squeaky" when I rub it hard.

Just a bit on me - I am a 67 year old male golfer who on normal drives hits the ball 200-220 and I hit my 9 iron roughly 115 so my swing speed should be comparable to many female golfers. I played a dozen of the last series of Lady Precept balls and liked most things about them except greenside performance, I am hoping the new cover helps out in that category. I usually get out on the course 2 to 4 times per week.

I will add pictures in the next post as they are on my phone and it is easier to just post from it. I will be glad to test this ball versus any thing requested if I have it on hand. As always please ask any questions that you have and I or one of my fellow testers will be glad to give our findings.
I like it Randy! I'll be watching to see how these play out.

Here are a few pictures.

Here is the welcome letter
20150518_164128_zpsmfa1cfsa.jpg

The letter and balls
20150518_164032_zpsx4upw5p0.jpg

And here are the balls
20150518_164200_zps2nbghxi9.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the logo.
20150518_164245_zpsjyhmyddd.jpg

The back of the sleeve.
20150518_165424_zpsyjalwnqy.jpg

Very interested to see what all of you testers have to say about these. Nice Randy!

JM

Good job kicking this testing off Dawg!

Very cool. Squeaky was also a word that came to mind when I rubbed the mystery test golf balls.

I would be interested to hear comparisons to the Duo, if anyone plays that one too.

I may have one or two here, I have tried them in the past. I don't have any of the new Duo's though. I think that would be a great head to head test for sure.

I was glad to see my package of balls had arrived when I returned home late tonight. I chose the pink balls as I consider them my "lucky" color since having my hole-in-one with a pink one while testing this ball during the last release. I like having a colored ball to play as it helps me identify my ball from others in the group.

I'm not much into how packaging or balls look as much as they perform but I will say that I don't like this packaging as much as the last release. The last box just had more of a quality look about it. I also don't really care for the cursive "Lady" on the ball but it won't bother me a bit while playing.

What I am excited about is that this ball may be even better than the last version as shown in pre-release testing. To think that I may get added distance is great. I can't wait to see if this is the case for myself.

Last edited:
Very cool. Squeaky was also a word that came to mind when I rubbed the mystery test golf balls.

I would be interested to hear comparisons to the Duo, if anyone plays that one too.

I don't have any Duo's, but I do have some wilson 50/50's. I will also be putting these up against Nike PD/Soft's and Top Flight D2+ Diva's that my GF has. I feel those are probably closer to the general make up of the Lady Precept in order to give a decent comparison between similar products. I will also test a little bit against Chrome Softs cause why not.

For general make up comparison's, I actually found a previous model Bridgestone Lady Precept as well as a Precept Lady IQ plus in my GF's golf bag that I can get some side by side pictures to see any difference in dimples/construction that the balls may have.

I'm also going to have her try these out against some of the golf balls I have and I'm going to see if she can notice any differences.

Can't wait to get this review started!

I used to play these then went to the Hex Chromes after I learned how to hit a flop shot. Now I'm wondering about trying them again just to see if perhaps sacrificing some spin for control and extra distance might be worth it. So I'll be watching this one.

Nice start DD and KellyBo. Just curious do these come in a number of different colours? Looking forward to your thoughts.

Nice start DD and KellyBo. Just curious do these come in a number of different colours? Looking forward to your thoughts.

Pink, yellow and white.

Mine are supposed to come today via UPS. I received the white ones so when I get them I will get some pics up for everyone to see.

Good start to what should be a fun thread to follow and be a part of. I'm not sure how I feel about the new Lady scripting on the side. It does help differentiate the ball from the other lines more as it stands out more than last years writing.

It is a tough marketing spot to be in. You want to maintain the status of being the #1 selling women's ball but it will certainly turn off some guys even if they like the performance of the ball.

It is a tough marketing spot to be in. You want to maintain the status of being the #1 selling women's ball but it will certainly turn off some guys even if they like the performance of the ball.

I agree. I don't like it and I'm a woman. The last one had Lady Precept written in small print that was easily covered with a line. You can't cover this with a line.

I'd be interested in knowing how many guys(outside of THP) actually go in and buy a box of these. I have a feeling that number is very low, so they don't need to worry to much about losing that market. Besides, I think Bridgestone has a bigger ball problem on their hands that is taking customers away from their bread and butter ball(e6). I'm more curious as to why they didn't throw the dual dimple pattern on these, or even the web design.

I agree. I don't like it and I'm a woman. The last one had Lady Precept written in small print that was easily covered with a line. You can't cover this with a line.

See I didn't even consider the flip side. Many women golfers just want to be known as golfers.

I'd be interested in knowing how many guys(outside of THP) actually go in and buy a box of these. I have a feeling that number is very low, so they don't need to worry to much about losing that market. Besides, I think Bridgestone has a bigger ball problem on their hands that is taking customers away from their bread and butter ball(e6). I'm more curious as to why they didn't throw the dual dimple pattern on these, or even the web design.

Great point and good questions. Should be fun to see how the testing goes. I will also be able to get Mrs. Whozat's input as she is really just getting into the game.

See I didn't even consider the flip side. Many women golfers just want to be known as golfers.

It's not really that as much as the larger cursive print is just something I don't like. If it said "Lady" in a smaller print, I would be fine with it.

It's not really that as much as the larger cursive print is just something I don't like. If it said "Lady" in a smaller print, I would be fine with it.

Gotcha, just because that is how you mark your ball?

Gotcha, just because that is how you mark your ball?

Old ball vs new ball. Not a big deal really, just a preference.
374ad1c0f2d21516f2348e99cd7e2016.jpg

Great start here testers with the photos and early thoughts.

Being a guy who has gamed these previously, hate to say that I likely wouldn't with the new lady scripting on the ball although I have to believe that a few THP guys are the likely exception to the norm of guys playing this ball.

KB: love the photo showing the line going through - being a golfer that uses a line as well I don't care for the larger script that shows outside of that line.

Looking forward to hearing how this performs compared to previous version.

Back