Ernest ES16 Launch Monitor

Didnt see this answered, but as I know just about nothing in regards to launch monitors; What is the advantage of a Camera being added to the doppler type launch monitor?

Didnt see this answered, but as I know just about nothing in regards to launch monitors; What is the advantage of a Camera being added to the doppler type launch monitor?

It marries the two systems that are heralded as the most accurate. The camera based system such as GC2 and the Doppler based system such as Trackman. One thing the camera based systems shine at is the ability to work with less room, such as indoors.

It marries the two systems that are heralded as the most accurate. The camera based system such as GC2 and the Doppler based system such as Trackman. One thing the camera based systems shine at is the ability to work with less room, such as indoors.

Sounds like a pretty nice combo then for people who have an indoor setup and can take it the range and not skip a beat in accuracy.

I think the pricepoint is so interesting. At sub 5k, can it be considered AS accurate or MORE accurate than these systems that cost three or more times the price? ...or is the price a reflection of expectations?

I think the pricepoint is so interesting. At sub 5k, can it be considered AS accurate or MORE accurate than these systems that cost three or more times the price? ...or is the price a reflection of expectations?

Its an interesting thought. I think brands have done a tremendous job of marketing to make sure that price dictates quality. To use Trackman as an example, they have become the gold standard where all others are compared, based solely on that, and delivering a product that appears to be quite accurate.

The retail price of this one will be between 5k and 6k when it hits and they are pre-ordering at less than 5k right now and according to them have sold out all of the pre-orders that were available from batch 1.

Well dammit I want one of these. Probably will never happen but every time a product that lowers the price of a valuable launch monitor comes out it is a step in the right direction!

I'm curious, given all those integrated sensors, does ES16 also provide where exactly on the face impact was?

I've been watching this device since last fall and while intrigued highly by it, No Way am I dropping 5K till I see its proven.

I just want an accurate device for use at home so I can work late at night or during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The display or screen looks oddly similar to the Flighstcope

As far as the simulator goes what platform is it on?

Spent the last 4 hours talking with Joe Ernest and his team at Ernest Sports. Then I got to see the ES16 in action and talk a little bit about that device as well. I will have more coming up soon, but I am intrigued.

Spent the last 4 hours talking with Joe Ernest and his team at Ernest Sports. Then I got to see the ES16 in action and talk a little bit about that device as well. I will have more coming up soon, but I am intrigued.

Intrigued is a good thing. Optimistic as well?

tell me more

Well that sounds fun

I am optimistic in their device. They have the measurables where they need to be and I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised.
This is very very very promising news.

I saw the video on this at the PGA Show, looks awesome! I want one soooooo bad.

I'm guessing even at the 5k pricepoint, it is still quite a bit cheaper than anything flightscope or others come in at?

I'm guessing even at the 5k pricepoint, it is still quite a bit cheaper than anything flightscope or others come in at?

Its going to be closer to 6k when it hits retail, but right now they have a preorder special for under 5k. GC2 without HMT can get close and I believe there is a cheaper FlightScope model that can get sort of close.

Very interesting... Since the odds of moving to a warmer client are slim/none, any new home building in my future will definitely have something of this nature built in for the basement. Looking forward to as many options as possible in this space.

very intriguing. cant wait to see what you found out.

All I need to know is how much?

Seems like a great group over there at Ernest Sports. If this launch monitor can do what they think it can then they have me intrigued.

Good stuff JB, I like how that unfolded. I could see all of it in minds eye. Had to have been a fun and informative trip.

Back