The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, not everyone agrees on what value is??!!?? Shocking!

Opinions have become absolute. "If yours isn't mine you are WRONG."

Edit to add quotations.

Opinions have become absolute. "If yours isn't mine you are WRONG."

Edit to add quotations.

So people can't have an opinion about your opinion?

Just got an email from my loan officer about my house closing.
Original date - June 9.
Updated date - June 17.
"Underwriting needs more documents" request Thursday, June 11.
"Should close Thursday" June 18
Email this morning - "Sorry, you can maybe sign Friday, but cannot get keys until Monday (June 22) unless you want to sign on the 22nd and get keys the 23rd."
A-holes. Not as if I did not plan to move on the 19th, with movers, cable, etc.
I am so pissed, I am about ready to tell the bank to go screw, once I get my house, and re-finance with some other bank, just to shaft them.

So people can't have an opinion about your opinion?

Nope, it's our way or the highway Fup......you should know that already!

why did I post something in that thread to begin with. Haven't I learned to keep my mouth shut after 20,000+ posts here.......

I am so pissed, I am about ready to tell the bank to go screw, once I get my house, and re-finance with some other bank, just to shaft them.
Unless it's one of the big banks, they may sell your loan before you get a chance to finance anyways. We went with a local bank to refi, and they sold it before we even had to make our first payment on the new mortgage.

Nope, it's our way or the highway Fup......you should know that already!

why did I post something in that thread to begin with. Haven't I learned to keep my mouth shut after 20,000+ posts here.......
Sports thread?
TaylorMade SLDR C thread?
Regional Rivalry?

Unless it's one of the big banks, they may sell your loan before you get a chance to finance anyways. We went with a local bank to refi, and they sold it before we even had to make our first payment on the new mortgage.
Big bank. Yeah, you are right.

Original date - June 9.
Updated date - June 17.
Email this morning - "Sorry, you can maybe sign Friday, but cannot get keys until Monday (June 22) unless you want to sign on the 22nd and get keys the 23rd."
And our landlord was confused as to why we wouldn't want to move the day we are contracted to close on our new house.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

5346187+_850916e441f07a3303c93b3d374e467a.jpg

Original date - June 9.
Updated date - June 17.
What's holding it up?

One of the projects I'm on is now realizing the downstream effect of a decision they made (and were warned against) a few months back. What could have been a little bit of added work every now and then over the past couple months has become something that's going to take two weeks of all hands on deck to do.

WAAAAAAHHHHH Callaway didn't send me what i wanted in my Collection box WAAHHHHHH!.

Waaaahhh, people didn't like they're Callaway collection box. Waaahhh

Big :clapp: to both of you on this. Just BS. Thanks to a couple people who reached out yesterday to smooth it over with me

Ouch, that is no excuse for a two week delay.
My brother works in the mortgage world, and the regulations and requirements are so strict that several reviews are required and there's no such thing as a fast close anymore. If you miss even 1 thing, that could mean your bank now has a 30 year loan instead of a 2 week loan and a check for fees. It is beyond stupid.

My brother works in the mortgage world, and the regulations and requirements are so strict that several reviews are required and there's no such thing as a fast close anymore. If you miss even 1 thing, that could mean your bank now has a 30 year loan instead of a 2 week loan and a check for fees. It is beyond stupid.

Or you do like we did and tell them if we don't close by this date we aren't going to close. It was amazing how quickly we closed after that. It went from them telling us we had to wait another 2 weeks, to us closing in 2 days.

I know it's gotten tougher, but I'm assuming that the loan officer knew of the original date and didn't object to it. There are some hangup that can cause a 2 week delay, but '' we are busy'' certainly isn't a valid excuse.

Many of the big banks are simply awful these days.

I know it's gotten tougher, but I'm assuming that the loan officer knew of the original date and didn't object to it. There are some hangup that can cause a 2 week delay, but '' we are busy'' certainly isn't a valid excuse.

Many of the big banks are simply awful these days.

We're still seeing conventional mortgages being able to close within 30 of an executed contract, FHA/VA 45-50. I'm sure you're seeing the same.

We're still seeing conventional mortgages being able to close within 30 of an executed contract, FHA/VA 45-50. I'm sure you're seeing the same.
Yep, we are still seeing VA in the 30 day range as well.

Delays happen, but we are busy is about as lazy as an excuse as I can think of.

Rain, I'm tired of it. Anyone interested in a few thousand buckets? I can send it to you. :smile: :rain:

Rain, I'm tired of it. Anyone interested in a few thousand buckets? I can send it to you. :smile: :rain:

Yes please. Rain pattern is weird where I am right now, it's coming over us but then starts to rain once it's past. 20-30 miles to my west, they have retention ponds that are cresting as they're getting rain 3-4 times a week. We haven't had a hard rain in nearly two weeks. Freakin three days ago a front was coming from the south with a lot of steady rain. I ran out and fertilized a spot that just got heavy baked and probably died, thinking I might be able to save it some. The pattern got 4 miles from my house and made a hard left. Effing. Kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back