Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

I was a 12 year resident of Texas and still own a house there. Had to move to Iowa for other reasons. I have a lot of love for Texas and think in many ways it is the best State of the 3 I have lived in. Texans love Texas and want to protect and boast about the state. That being said. I will take the courses in Iowa any day over Texas courses.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

Oh no someone left the door open at the Ohio area thread and now we're here. Sorry Texas, but Ohio is here now :)

Well, well, well. It just took me 25 mins to get caught up on the trash talking in here.

Funny not to see an Ohio list. Oh wait that would take another 25 minutes to type out. We field three teams!

Quality over Quantity ;)

That said I love the Ohio guys but man it is still Ohio

Not enough NY in this thread. We must be all out

A) shoveling.................again
B) in bed with the flu.............again
C) trying to figure out if we can get to............​eight

The legacy trash talk would have been better if a captain was from Texas

U mean like grandaddy?

And if the contest link was posted in their thread

I get what you are saying but isnt NY to Flordia farther than Washington to San Diego? That doesnt even bring into account the guys that come from Michigan etc. I do think you are right that once a few members out there get a taste of an event they will jump at the opportunity for more events no matter where they are. Just dont understand why everyone always says the West coast is huge.

I think they are both about 1,000 miles. The thing is the east coast and mid west have had the the Invitational Series for a few years that allow a somewhat regional opportunity for lots of folks to get introduced to THP awesome. A few of us have made it into some of the big events and have seen the light. We're getting there!

Im not trying to make excuses or say that others have it easy. Both the nor and so cal groups have been getting together on their own just to meet up and have fun with new friends, grassroots style.

Man appears I missed out on quite a bit today.

Wish peeps had but this much effort into the trash talk contest for the legacy, some pretty good stuff in here.

I just can't wait for signups cause as shall people will disappear and have weddings to attend and no vacation time left when it's time to backup the smack talk
I wish I could re-do my Legacy trash talk but I found it tough to rail on 2 cool dudes I've never met.

I cant help but wonder if this regional awesomeness makes its way into the Gauntlet perhaps?

I cant help but wonder if this regional awesomeness makes its way into the Gauntlet perhaps?

No, but that would be quite cool.

I think us west coasters get pegged as only wanting to participate if it's convenient. For one, the west coast is huge, flying from Washington to So-cal is the equivalent of flying LA to Texas. With The King this year its a huge step in showing us guys on the left coast what we have been missing. I know for me, once I got a taste, travel and distance to a THP event is less of a concern. From my perspective the east coast guys simply have had more opportunities to experience the THP awesomeness and thus got bit by the bug.

I don't have any doubt that CA would be able to field a team and be willing to travel to rep the state. We have quite a following and just recently were talking about doing a Nor-cal vs. So-cal type gathering.

I can't wait to hear more about this new event. Any type of way to meet my THP brethren in new places sounds good in my book!
I don't buy the distance thing. Airlines make distance not a big deal. Plus I drove to lake Charles and that is like driving to Russia and CJ did as well.
Not sure what my point is except that saying Midwest and east have more opportunities is hog wash

Damn...ya'll were partners before right?

#ToughLove
Lack of creativity, like some in the media. Also trying to stir the pot. You know Panda likes to mix it up and my friends can take it.

But make no mistake, I'll take down anyone the crosses me.

I don't buy the distance thing. Airlines make distance not a big deal. Plus I drove to lake Charles and that is like driving to Russia and CJ did as well.
Not sure what my point is except that saying Midwest and east have more opportunities is hog wash
CJ is a case to his own because the man is an animal in the car. Flying cross country can also be prohibitively expensive. $100 entry plus $150 for lodging plus 500-700 for a flight. No thanks and I am close by.

Not enough NY in this thread. We must be all out

A) shoveling.................again
B) in bed with the flu.............again
C) trying to figure out if we can get to............​eight
Its true I did do some shoveling today lol. I think we got 8 and we got this no problem! Maybe pull in a few guys that used to live in NY if needed.

And with that, you lose the Canadan. He's off throwing up somewhere right now.

I also think its cute you guys have to help eachother spell out your states name.

Almost forgot this *, whew, all safe now to not hurt feelings.

I didn't realise HoF tags carried so much weight in the world of online trash talk haha.

I've won 100% of the Events I've played in.
#coattails
#neverlost

CJ is a case to his own because the man is an animal in the car. Flying cross country can also be prohibitively expensive. $100 entry plus $150 for lodging plus 500-700 for a flight. No thanks and I am close by.

Just to provide the info, last week it was cheaper to fly to San Diego than Chicago from Newark on the dates of #TheKing

I promise you flying from the west coast is no more expensive than flying from the small town I live in. But again it's all good

You boys have been active this afternoon. I'm just excited that people are excited....whatever the reason for the excitement. BTW....its 75 degrees here in TX and it is wonderful.

#DanMarinoOfTHP

And with that, you lose the Canadan. He's off throwing up somewhere right now.

I also think its cute you guys have to help eachother spell out your states name.

Almost forgot this *, whew, all safe now to not hurt feelings.

Lol really? Ironic the OK State grad is knocking anyone on spelling. Who's tests did you cheat off of? Justin Blackman or Justin Gilbert?

Lol really? Ironic the OK State grad is knocking anyone on spelling. Who's tests did you cheat off of? Justin Blackman or Justin Gilbert?

Case in point, Blackmon, not Blackman.

Years after my time too dude, good try though! O-H--------oopssomeonehelpthemouthere.....OH! I-O!

Back