Cobra KING F7 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New Fairway Woods and Hybrids from Cobra Golf called King F7 and bringing back the rails.

From Cobra
The F7 fairway and hybrid family utilizes COBRA’s iconic Baffler Rail System, first introduced in the brand’s original Baffler woods more than 40 years ago, blended with today’s front-to-back weighting systems for the perfect combination of personalization, distance, control and forgiveness from any lie.

“Rails on our fairways and hybrids create a more forgiving and efficient turf interaction when hitting from any lie,” said Jose Miraflor, Sr. Director Product Marketing COBRA Golf. “Proven though Rickie’s performance with his current Baffler fairway wood, the Rail Technology allows him to be aggressive when attacking greens. These same tour-proven technologies will provide all golfers with the perfect blend of distance and control.”

The F7 Fairways (3-4F, 5-6F and 7-8F) feature progressive rail heights that are strategically engineered to be shallower in the 3-4 woods and progressively thicker as you move into the 7-8 to deliver easy-up distance and consistency from every lie. The front of the rails improve turf forgiveness while the back of the rails help the club glide out of the turf more smoothly.

The F7 Fairways come equipped with two Center of Gravity (CG) positions and 20-gram and 3-gram moveable weights that can be positioned in the front or the back to deliver either a penetrating or towering trajectory, depending on player preference and varying course conditions. Fairways come equipped with a graphite Fujikura Pro 65 shaft and Lamkin REL-Black grip.

Rounding out the metalwood collection are the KING F7 Hybrids, which also feature COBRA’s Baffler Dual Rail design for improved turf reaction and consistency from every lie. Each club (2-3H, 3-4H and 4-5H) features a fixed back CG (13-gram) to deliver high MOI and a more centered CG for more forgiveness and precision shot-after -shot. The new hybrid touts a thin 455 SS face for maximum ball speed. The hybrids also feature COBRA’s MyFly8 and come in black with orange highlights with a graphite Fujikura Pro 75h shaft and Lamkin REL-Black grip.

IMG_0407-M.jpg

IMG_0401-M.jpg

IMG_0404-M.jpg

IMG_0400-M.jpg

IMG_0413-M.jpg

IMG_0418-M.jpg

The baffler design makes sense and it works. I love the red, white, and blue color combo.

These things look cool with the color schemes. Going with the baffler tech in these should make it a solid and beneficial option for a myriad of golfers

Hello Baffler rails!

Aesthetically these look pretty aweosme. But not sure on the baffler rails. Haven't spent time with any Cobra club that has them. In one of the pictures the sole sits pretty high off the turf with the rails grounded. Interest piqued

Had the chance to hit the fairways at the ambition. I really enjoyed them and felt they weee super easy to hit. I enjoyed the baffler last year but it was just to demanding for me at times. This is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really really like the sole design of this club, reminds me of a Mashie from a few years back. Some of the easiest fairway woods to hit. Adjustability plus rails, cant wait to see how these perform.

Good looking club. Looks extremely easy to get the ball up.

Yes! Been waiting for these to hit the market. Just a great solid design. Definitely going to appear to a lot of people that liked what the new baffler offered last year but want just a little more forgiveness and higher launch.

I love the addition of the rails to both!

Hearing the history of the baffler rails and the passion and belief the companies founder Thomas Crow has for them was very cool. The story is that when he brought the original baffler to market at the PGA show, he dropped balls on concrete and hit then in the direction of the parking lot over the cars parked there. This iteration of the baffler is super easy to hit, and I really enjoyed the 3 wood on the range at THPambition. The leading edge is very different than my current fw and was a bit of a distraction initially but played wonderfully. It is a bit flat compared to other fw clubs I have played.

Iv always been a fan of the rails. This concept works great in soft conditions as well as firm. From the rough and Freeways. Glad to see they brought back a tried and true tech feature

Really really like the sole design of this club, reminds me of a Mashie from a few years back. Some of the easiest fairway woods to hit. Adjustability plus rails, cant wait to see how these perform.

I think the F6 woods are among the easiest to elevate. That they refined the weighting (it looks even stealthier in person) and added the rails is a big plus. Remembering how much you enjoyed the Mashies I think these will be a winner.

I asked Yagley about the rails because I typically hit a low line drive sweeper of my 3 wood off the deck. Didn't think they would be very beneficial. Yagley said that in their testing this club responded as well to thin strikes as the F6.

I am in the boat that enjoys the F6 baffler but would like a bit more forgiveness. These may finally put a Cobra fairway or hybrid back in my bag.

As someone who has come to really love the f6 baffler, I'm intrigued by this offering. The rails on the baffler have eliminated the thin shot for me. Something that launches even higher and has some more forgiveness is really exciting. Will definitely be trying this.

One thing I worry about a little is how these will respond to mats in a store vs real grass.

Very excites for he baffler lines and the forgiveness with these as well.

I think the F7 line looks great, but, I like my F6 Baffler, and, my F6 3 wood, and, I don't see enough to make me want to change.

Smart of them to extend the rails to more than just one club.

I spent some time with the fw at the Ambition and I will say it was one of, if not the, easiest fw I've ever hit. The face felt lively, the ball took of with a beautiful trajectory, and did that with almost every swing. I was quite impressed.

Really liking the looks of the blue color way, and with the baffler rails plus adjustability? Could be some high launching fairway woods (and that's something I like).

TOM CROW!!!!

Just made me think of the VM. Might need to add a FWY back in the bag.

This might be the hybrid that knocks the 588 out of the bag - the rails are absolutely great out of the rough/sand and other not-great lies.

Back