Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to get about 5" of snow over the weekend. If it happens, it will be the biggest snowfall of the season.

Supposed to get about 5" of snow over the weekend. If it happens, it will be the biggest snowfall of the season.

They're calling for more snow for us this weekend too. So no golfing.

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm probably not going to see any of this snow melting today. Gym time!

6446ec10329bf00a439016e94483fe7a.jpg

Good looking week for practice

76bd4ad46218d0cdc4b1a3770f8d27a1.jpg

Snow here in Arkansas, then four days of rain. After that, a slow warm up to the 50's. Finally will get out to hit the new clubs.

They're calling for more snow for us this weekend too. So no golfing.

They are playing at at least one course in KC today. Oak Country. I played it once about 20 years ago and will never be back. I think this is our $15 with cart all you can play any time course.

These are from a friends Facebook page. I am not out there!

11045365_10203391917428546_5953990654730415184_n.jpg
11033188_10203391975309993_9162273470978016400_n.jpg

I hate the cold, but I am glad it's snowing. If there's not going to be any golf, we may as well get some moisture somehow.

Big swing and a miss by the weather forecasters for Atlanta today. They predict a high of 46 degrees, so I bow out of a round of golf with friends, thinking its going to be cold. Got all the way up to 56 and its sunny. Wishing I hadn't stayed home!

Was going to hit the range today to work more on the adjustments Freddie put in my swing but the rain today is not cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that maybe, possibly the weather is about to break. In the teens today and tomorrow, but then a big week of warmer weather with possibilities that we'll see temps near 60°. Lots of snow to melt still, but it's a start.

Thats not bad at all. Im sure by now you are itching to get a full round of golf in.

It appears that maybe, possibly the weather is about to break. In the teens today and tomorrow, but then a big week of warmer weather with possibilities that we'll see temps near 60°. Lots of snow to melt still, but it's a start.

light at the end of the tunnel....hopefully

Thats not bad at all. Im sure by now you are itching to get a full round of golf in.

light at the end of the tunnel....hopefully

Good analogy...Tunnels are usually dark and gray.

Man, I'm definitely itching to get out. Also looking forward to not paying $45 for a practice session. This year and last were rotten. Years before I've golfed early March and even in February.

At least the early and consistent snowpack around here should have limited damage to turf. Spring will be here soon.

Going to play tomorrow with a bunch of THPers and just checked the weather. It's supposed to rain right up until our tee time and then stop. The problem is that after the rain, the temperature is going to drop 15 degrees to 32 in one hour and continue to drop throughout the day.

Today my golf season gets into high gear with 7 tee times the next 4 days. An old golf buddy of mine flew in from Minnesota to play golf for 4 days and the weather is going to be great! For about 7 years in our 20's we were members at the same club in Hudson Wisconsin and played over 120 rounds each year there, mostly in the same foursome so it will be like turning back the clock 25 years. Lots of golf, beer and laughs.

• [*=center]Today

Mar 4

Plenty of sun66°Lo 38°
    [*=center]Thu

Mar 5

Plenty of sun69°Lo 39°
    more
    [*=center]Fri

Mar 6

Nice with plenty of sunshine72°Lo 41°
    more
    [*=center]
    Sat

Mar 7

Partly sunny and nice73°Lo 43°
    more
    [*=center]Sun

Mar 8

Partly sunny and nice74°Lo 44°
    more

Last edited:
We're so close to spring I can taste it! Temps are supposed to get into the mid 40's today, which means I'll definitely be hitting the range after work. Checking the long range forecast for Charleston, it looks like mid to high 60's for the beginning of my vacation next week. Hoping to see some sun come out for the week after, I'm getting impatient waiting for the 10 day forecast haha.

30's in the morning here, but highs right around 60 and sunny for the next several days. Stoked to tee it up this weekend with my visiting brother and 2 of my fellow PNW THPers!

Same here. Had a blizzard yesterday with low temps. It's supposed to be 7 today, 22 tomorrow, then three days in the 40s, then three days in the 50s.

It got up to 72 today but the ground is supersaturated and probably 60-70 percent casual water in the fairways. It was nice to get the distance from the warm temps but still no roll. I had on the wrong shoes, slipping and sliding down several inclines and fell once on my rear.

Range weather next week!! Finally!

According to accuweather.com, once we get past Thursday, the rest of the month is supposed to be 50s and 60s for highs here in KC. Supposed to be pushing 70 by the end of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back