would you play blades?

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
if I were to offer you your choice set of brand new bladed irons in exchange of your current gamer, but you have to play them for a year, would you do it?

they are awfully good looking, but I dont think I would do it. My hands hurt just thinking about it

The right answer is no. I've got a more obvious reason for not giving up my gamers, but I'm also not that focused on butter knives and the feedback they provide.

For the Wilson Staff FG Tour 100 irons yes I would do it. Probably Cobra MBs as well.

Srixon 965's? Sign me up.

For the Wilson Staff FG Tour 100 irons yes I would do it. Probably Cobra MBs as well.

these were the two sets I had in mind, they look so good! I would think about it for a while, and I am still pondring blades from time to time, but I couldn't do it

nope. Don't have the game for it and cant see myself ever wanting to give up forgiveness for better workability.

I have a set of Apex MB that sit in my office - they have no business in my hands on the course. I tried playing them and hit them well on the range. I sucked big time on the course with them.
893302b65104117b1872bcd61ed9c3e3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

these were the two sets I had in mind, they look so good! I would think about it for a while, and I am still pondring blades from time to time, but I couldn't do it

Both are stunning looking irons but very different in appearance. I would give it a shot. I am not getting paid to play this game and I think I would enjoy the challenge.

Hell yeah I would play blades. I would hate myself after a month, but initially, I would be a proud papa.

Unless I can do a combo set no thanks.

No way, I'm thinking of going more game improvement this year. Seems that as I get older the swing is harder to keep in groove resulting in less distance and accuracy.

I would do it for the right blade. FG tour 100, the nike vr or the one with with just the swoosh. Miuras

Probably not. I don't thin I have enough time to practice and get consistent with them.

No, I dont have the game for that, actually just reading the first post made my hands sting

I learned to play on old Spalding blades, I would be fine

Heck yah, I think people make too big of a deal about the difference.

Nah. Been there done that. I played Mizuno blades for quite a while. My hands thanked me the day I retired them.

Yes I would - I would just make it a habit to practice more often....

Love me some Titleist T-MBs!

Sure. I already play blades, so why stop now (don't answer that).

Do you want my address?

Nope...not a consideration for me.

In fact I think the V6 are way too much club for me. I was thinking that if I won the contest would probably re-gift them on THP. They're gorgeous but I don't want to game something that far from ideal for me.

Yup, I'd continue the trend, I love them.

Sure why not. They look good and I'd have something else to blame my terrible game on.

I would absolutely play them. You'd only be giving me new blades in exchange for old ones. That would be the real issue for me. Do I want your new blades, or would I rather another old set...

no because i've grown accustomed to my current distance, and i know i'd lose 1.5-2 full clubs switching to blades. i played mp-67s for about a year. it was fun and they feel great when you hit it well, but there's no objective reason to play blades, only the subjective reason of desire.

Back