Bradley v Jimenez

I thought that twice I saw MAJ putting his hand on KB's shoulder. It looked like he was trying to pacify the situation.
If I was the Caddie, unless I got an apology, I wouldn't shake his hand either. But at the same time, that might have been the best opportunity to get one.

The rules official should have never let it get there. He should have stepped in and handled it.

If someone told me to shut up at work, I wouldn't shake their hand 10 minutes later either. Maybe Jimenez didn't understand how incredibly disrespectful that phrase is to an American.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The people at fault here are the rules official and MAJ.

The rules official should've just said to MAJ this is the ruling instead of squawking into his radio. That would've diffused the situation very quickly.

MAJ should have never said "shut up" to KBs caddy. That is just not right and does not reflect well on the game. I wouldn't be surprised if MAJ gets fined for acting this way on national TV.

Now as for pepsis actions and not shaking hands, these are adults and not children. I for sure wouldn't be shaking hands with a person shortly after he tells me to shut up. MAJ was out of line and treated him like a nobody.....no reason to be disrespectful.

On another note, good on KB for sticking up for his caddy almost immediately. I wonder if Bubba would've done that?

Jimenez was correct to silence the caddy. The caddy should have kept his mouth shut. He is acting in the role of a servant and should remain in the background.

I looked for a translation english to spanish, and could not find one for "shut up". The nearest is silencio (silence), and that may have seemed offensive to the caddy also.

Bradley was wrong to charge at Jimenez and get in his face in that aggressive manner. That was not a gentlemanly act. If Jimenez was an armed police man Bradley could have been shot. His body language was that of a bully and a thug.

It appears that Bradley and his caddy deserve each other. They may not find many friends on the tour.

Jimenez was correct to silence the caddy. The caddy should have kept his mouth shut. He is acting in the role of a servant and should remain in the background.

I looked for a translation english to spanish, and could not find one for "shut up". The nearest is silencio (silence), and that may have seemed offensive to the caddy also.

Bradley was wrong to charge at Jimenez and get in his face in that aggressive manner. That was not a gentlemanly act. If Jimenez was an armed police man Bradley could have been shot. His body language was that of a bully and a thug.

It appears that Bradley and his caddy deserve each other. They may not find many friends on the tour.
553e96dd455f69da5e2aa1fabe3cc860.jpg

I completely and utterly disagree with everything this post contains.

We all know when the press are involved the 'real' facts don't always materialise, but until they do, it is difficult to say for definite who was more in the wrong than anyone else.

MAJ was totally in the right for wanting to check the drop etc, but the way it appears he went about it was not in the spirit of the game. That being said Pepsi, 7up or whatever he is called should have stayed out of it. Anything like what was heard on the video would have rubbed MAJ up the wrong way.

I am by no means a big KB fan, but good on him for sticking up for his caddy. What KB should not have done was got in MAJ's face like he did. He was totally wrong in that respect and it made him look a real cock. Good job they were on the course else MAJ would have decked him.

The handshake debarkle was simply childish.

People are saying that things continued into the locker room. Well that may be the case. We may never know.

One thing that I would guess happened in the locker room was KB saying to his caddy - 'don't you ever put me in that situation again'.

I disagree. Jimenez had a place to go over and watch the interaction between Bradley and the rules official,but he was out of line telling anyone his opinion on a two club length drop. It was arrogant and out of place. And then he told the caddy to shut up after being told to leave by Bradley and the caddy is again way over the top.

I think the caddy did the right thing protecting his player from a arrogant over bearing competitor
We all know when the press are involved the 'real' facts don't always materialise, but until they do, it is difficult to say for definite who was more in the wrong than anyone else.

MAJ was totally in the right for wanting to check the drop etc, but the way it appears he went about it was not in the spirit of the game. That being said Pepsi, 7up or whatever he is called should have stayed out of it. Anything like what was heard on the video would have rubbed MAJ up the wrong way.

I am by no means a big KB fan, but good on him for sticking up for his caddy. What KB should not have done was got in MAJ's face like he did. He was totally wrong in that respect and it made him look a real cock. Good job they were on the course else MAJ would have decked him.

People are saying that things continued into the locker room. Well that may be the case. We may never know.

One thing that I would guess happened in the locker room was KB saying to his caddy - 'don't you ever put me in that situation again'.

I completely agree with the first part of your statement, none of us know the full story. My guess is there had already been words between the two earlier in the match. I don't know if MAJ was playing incredibly slow, Keegan hadn't given MAJ a putt, or maybe Maj kicked Keegan's puppy. But I doubt Pepsi jumped on MAJ just for asking about the ruling, or MAJ told him to shutup that fast, or Keegan jumped in his face that quickly just for that. I bet there is alot more going on there, probably the puppy thing.

As others have pointed out, it is so funny out continent of origin is seeming to play a role in this.

American-MAJ was wrong for coming over, saying shutup, and for being european.

Euro-Pepsi was wrong for everything in life, KB is a jerk, MAJ is still awesome.

Woah woah woah woah....what?

Some of you words in this post can only be used by a Brit when discussion a situation like this.

I think the major flaw is looking at the caddy as a servant. He is an employee, not a servant. As a supervisor, if another supervisor said that to one of my employees when he was backing me up, I would have reacted similarly.

Some of you words in this post can only be used by a Brit when discussion a situation like this.

Cock? I can use that word, I'm not British

I think the major flaw is looking at the caddy as a servant. He is an employee, not a servant. As a supervisor, if another supervisor said that to one of my employees when he was backing me up, I would have reacted similarly.

This is very true bud, and KB did what he should have done by standing up for his employee. No one can moan about that. Not doing it an inch from MAJ's face might have been a better option though.

MAJ was a jerk in the first place for saying anything, as was Pepsi. What Pepsi did was to immediately drag his boss into the situation by making the comments.

The Rules Official should have grown a pair, and jumped in to diffuse the situation straight away.

All in all, the four of them acted like a bunch of idiots.

Maj had every right to be involved in that drop. In match play he can present and make sure the rules are being followed. Telling the caddie to shut up was a bit much but he had the right to be present. Keegan should not have continued at the close of the match. It was over, walk away and cuss him out to your buddies

I just went back and watched the video, and I could hear the audio this time. I really have 0 problem did on camera. He quickly came over, told MAJ not to tell his caddy shutup, told Pepsi to leave to avoid further problems, told MAJ to go back to his ball, then walked away. After the round you can see him once again making his caddy walk away from MAJ.

I don't really see any grievous error from MAJ either, telling Pepsi to shutup wasn't the right word choice, but its not like he insulted his mother.

I still say tensions were already high before the this occurred.

Well if a puppy is involved all hell is going to break loose

I didn't think it possible, but I dislike Bradley more today than I did yesterday. Damn Red Sox fan!

I'm glad to see the players so emotionally invested in the outcome, that's for sure. I actually like seeing some jabbering out there. These guys don't all have to be besties.

I just went back and watched the video, and I could hear the audio this time. I really have 0 problem did on camera. He quickly came over, told MAJ not to tell his caddy shutup, told Pepsi to leave to avoid further problems, told MAJ to go back to his ball, then walked away. After the round you can see him once again making his caddy walk away from MAJ.

I don't really see any grievous error from MAJ either, telling Pepsi to shutup wasn't the right word choice, but its not like he insulted his mother.

I still say tensions were already high before the this occurred.

Sums up my thoughts as well.

I don't think Keegan was in the wrong for sticking up for his Caddie. MAJ had every right to be there, but didn't pick the best words given the situation.

As for Keegan's Caddy, I'm not sure what he said to promote the "shut up" comment, but Keegan was a big enough person at the end of the match to shake hands, he should do the same.

Back