The Movie Review Thread

Pitch Perfect 2 - fun and funny. Maybe not quite as fresh as the first but I laughed out loud hard many times and fun music. It isn't supposed to be The Kings Speech. Lots of great cameos.

Pitch Perfect 2 - fun and funny. Maybe not quite as fresh as the first but I laughed out loud hard many times and fun music. It isn't supposed to be The Kings Speech. Lots of great cameos.

I can not wait to see this. Wife and I are going tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to spoil it but i sooo want to throw out some quotes from it lol

Snuck out of work a half hour early and caught the late matinee of Mad Max Fury Road.

Loved it, beautiful movie that was also superbly scored. Definitely one I would recommend seeing in theaters. The action is incredible. I loved the Road Warrior, and this is somewhat similar.

If you didn't care for the original 3 you won't care for this one, but if you liked those this will blow you away.

The Movie Review Thread

I can not wait to see this. Wife and I are going tomorrow night.

Michelle and I are going to see this today. I didn't see the first, but she said the first was fun and thinks I'll like it.

After my work week I need good light hearted fun.

I saw Avengers 2 a few days ago. I enjoyed it. I'm not sure that I enjoyed it as much as the 1st. I don't know if I was expecting more or what. The big action part came, and even though I KNEW that was it, I guess I was waiting for a BIGGER scene? Not that it was anti-climatic, it was good, but in the comics, Ultron is a REAL badass and does some serious work (some die) on the good guys. Where, (no spoilers) this doesn't happen like you would think in this movie.

Overall, it was worth the price for admission. I'd give it 4 out of 5 Agent Jay Stars, for the fun parts, humor and how it leads into the following, upcoming movies really well.

The reviews for Mad Max: Fury Road are off the charts. 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. I need to see this film, me thinks.

Saw Avengers 2 last week. Was entertaining. Spader's voice work was epic. Thought the first Avengers was a little better though overall.

Need to see both of these. I've heard amazing things about Fury Road.

Snuck out of work a half hour early and caught the late matinee of Mad Max Fury Road.

Loved it, beautiful movie that was also superbly scored. Definitely one I would recommend seeing in theaters. The action is incredible. I loved the Road Warrior, and this is somewhat similar.

If you didn't care for the original 3 you won't care for this one, but if you liked those this will blow you away.

Watched Max Max: Fury Road yesterday and was very disappointed...and I thought Road Warrior was a awesome. And, I also liked Max Max I and Thunderdome. But, I was a teenager when those were out. My guess is that the teen's to mid-20s will love this movie. But, the older folks who loved Road Warrior as a teen will be let down by this one. I don't recall laughing at anything in Road Warrior. But, some scenes in Fury Road were just comical

Saw Pitch Perfect 2.

We both enjoyed it a lot. I didn't see the first one, but Michelle do and thinks 2 is much better.

Several times we both laughed out loud. And of course some pretty amazing performances.

We watched The Imitation Game last night. I loved it, the wife fell asleep.

I saw 2 guns, the other night, for mindless action it was pretty good.

Watched Kingsmen: Secret Service. Thought it was decent, had perhaps the most startling sequence I had ever seen in a movie, definitely didn't see it coming.

Saw TomorrowLand last night. It's ... okay. Not bad. Definitely not un-watchable. But not great either. I think the main trouble is that they are just trying to do too much - there's about a half dozen themes/stories going on in this movie and the attempt to pull them all together at the end culminates in some preachy scenes and some "huh? did I miss something?" moments.

Definitely would've liked it more if I'd got it out of the Redbox! HA!

I think some people are going to love love love this movie and some are going to really hate it. For me - B or B minus. BTW, definitely NOT about the place at DisneyWorld known as TomorrowLand.

Watched The Kingsmen today. Admittedly when I saw the trailer I thought it would be corny, but it was absolutely awesome.

Watched The Kingsmen today. Admittedly when I saw the trailer I thought it would be corny, but it was absolutely awesome.
Really great action flick great fun

Had to twist Dawn's arm to see that movie and she ended up loving it. Great movie.

She thought she would return the favor and convinced me to go see San Andreas..

We are not even...

Fiance and I watched SPY last week, brilliant! Melissa McCarthy has never been my favorite actress but she's awesome in this. Outstanding performance from Jason Statham too. Highly recommend!

Watched Jurassic World last night. Some good parts, some bad. I think it was an unnecessary movie to be honest. They didnt really add anything to the franchise. New dinosaur same exact plot line. Also watched Ex Machina and enjoyed it but didnt care for the end. I dont really know why. I get the whole "message" behind the movie though.

I watched Terminator Genisys in imax 3D and it was incredible - a nice twist on the franchise. Of course, one could dress the terminators up as oompa loompas and I would love it as I love everything Terminator.

Took the wife to see Trainwreck last night. It was pretty hilarious for a romantic comedy, definitely more inappropriate than most of the genre. Lebron was hilarious in the movie. JB should see it just to see him talk about Cleveland.

Took the wife to see Trainwreck last night. It was pretty hilarious for a romantic comedy, definitely more inappropriate than most of the genre. Lebron was hilarious in the movie. JB should see it just to see him talk about Cleveland.

My wife saw it last night and absolutely loved it....and she has a hard time having enough patience to sit down and watch a movie.

My wife saw it last night and absolutely loved it....and she has a hard time having enough patience to sit down and watch a movie.
My wife did too

Saw Minions yesterday. Was very funny. My kid loved it too.

The Movie Review Thread

Viewed Minions this past Tuesday. My son loves these little charactors me too. They are very funny amd enjoyable with a good story line. This edition was very good, hillarous. But Dispicable me 2 is still my favorite so far

Saw "Trainwreck" last night with the wife. Both of us were disappointed. Typically, we both love Judd Apatow movies but this one seemed more like "This is 40" than "Knocked Up" or "40-Year Old Virgin." Just really uneven.

Saw "It Follows." If you like slow burn horror movies - cause this is one is real slow - you will like this movie. Amazing cinematography. Amazing score. Tense as hell.

Also saw "Ex Machina." Beautiful movie. Not as tense as "It Follows" but still really good.

Saw "Trainwreck" last night with the wife. Both of us were disappointed. Typically, we both love Judd Apatow movies but this one seemed more like "This is 40" than "Knocked Up" or "40-Year Old Virgin." Just really uneven.

Saw "It Follows." If you like slow burn horror movies - cause this is one is real slow - you will like this movie. Amazing cinematography. Amazing score. Tense as hell.

Also saw "Ex Machina." Beautiful movie. Not as tense as "It Follows" but still really good.

I didn't think Trainwreck was anything like This is 40, it had about 10 minutes where it was kinda down, but the rest of it was funny. But I wouldn't compare it to Knocked UP or 40 year old Virgin either. Maybe The Ugly Truth.

Back