Looks like 108 with 14* lunch is the ticket for you. This was old standard for launch, keep it up
Having the face multi degrees open to a square path is less than ideal, but that's fixable.

I had a lesson today. The goal was to correct the launch angle with my 1wood.

First step, square right foot.
Second step, flare front foot 15° open
Third step, get hands over front thigh. Straight line from shoulder down to club head
Fourth step, think "head behind hands at impact".

My instructor had a Foresight GC2 with the HMT module. My launch angle went from 9° with a -1` AOA, to 14° launch with a 3° AOA.

I was a successful lesson.

Blu, keep up the solid work, your swing looks fantastic.

I just wanted to quote this because I had your four steps in my head today during my range time yesterday and had a very strong session. Thanks for that and keep those gems coming!

A little big of range time today. My left foot isn't flared as much as I would like, but that might be the camera angle. I can tell that I am getting long again, got to work on that. I can see the clubface is shut, but I'm not sure that is a terrible thing. What I am worried about is an over the top move. Freddie, are you seeing the same things?

I closed my eyes watching this , and the sound of club to ball sounded just like Rory. You have a bright future in front of you son, just remember the little guys

I closed my eyes watching this , and the sound of club to ball sounded just like Rory. You have a bright future in front of you son, just remember the little guys

When you eat like I do, everybody is a little guy.

I had a lesson today. The goal was to correct the launch angle with my 1wood.

First step, square right foot.
Second step, flare front foot 15° open
Third step, get hands over front thigh. Straight line from shoulder down to club head
Fourth step, think "head behind hands at impact".

My instructor had a Foresight GC2 with the HMT module. My launch angle went from 9° with a -1` AOA, to 14° launch with a 3° AOA.

I was a successful lesson.

How do you like Tom compared to Tim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like Tom compared to Tim?

Different styles. Tim was much more "feel" with me. Feel like everything is connected. Feel tall. "I want you to feel like..." Feel...feel...feel. He is a really good teacher and I got better with him. No doubt there.

I have only had one lesson with Tom. But he seems much more mechanical. Flare front foot 15°. Straight left arm. Extension going back. Work behind the ball. I think both methods have their place and can excel, given the student.

Different styles. Tim was much more "feel" with me. Feel like everything is connected. Feel tall. "I want you to feel like..." Feel...feel...feel. He is a really good teacher and I got better with him. No doubt there.

I have only had one lesson with Tom. But he seems much more mechanical. Flare front foot 15°. Straight left arm. Extension going back. Work behind the ball. I think both methods have their place and can excel, given the student.

I agree with you on your analysis. Just thinking Tom might be better for my wife's lessons as she doesn't have the mechanics down and it's hard to feel a certain way when you don't know what's right. Interesting thoughts... Might need to try an intro lesson with him.

I agree with you on your analysis. Just thinking Tom might be better for my wife's lessons as she doesn't have the mechanics down and it's hard to feel a certain way when you don't know what's right. Interesting thoughts... Might need to try an intro lesson with him.

I highly recommend it. Fun fact, Tom was Nick's boss at Oshkosh Country Club

Nice. Curious to try the foresight out. Were you on the range or in the house?

In the house. Big screen.

I just learned how to convert youtube videos into gifs. I am in trouble

KR2qXp.gif

KR2qXp.gif

When its a gif I just assume something bad is going to happen before during or after the swing, like a shot to nuts lol

Any reason the smash factors are so low? Not trying to stir anything up, but I would assume with the driver you are well over 1.4 on a good strike.
You're not stirring anything up. I have seen 1.4 or higher. But bad swings mean bad smash factors. It's why I take lessons.

You're not stirring anything up. I have seen 1.4 or higher. But bad swings mean bad smash factors. It's why I take lessons.

But your good swings should be >1.45 IMO. I don't believe that a single-digit handicap took 20 bad swings in a row with the driver. But maybe I'm missing something.

Umm.. share this knowledge please!

Edit: nevermind

m6OlqX.gif

But your good swings should be >1.45 IMO. I don't believe that a single-digit handicap took 20 bad swings in a row with the driver. But maybe I'm missing something.
I have put 1.49 and 1.48 swings on the driver in front of THPers on a flightscope. My swing wasn't good when I went in for that lesson. We tweaked somethings and I know I'm swing better.

KR2qXp.gif
That looks like 150mph+ swing speed to me hehe. Gifs are cool.

840345315ae2eddb17cbe17843eb7ebd.jpg

41b6c7125d785de428788fb308a0ed2f.jpg

4819191f6388e7877cb5529dac19d793.jpg

5c179ba6daf866a2ec95d343b28dafab.jpg

Some food for thought

KR2qXp.gif
Relax that right arm a bit, it will help with your take away

Relax that right arm a bit, it will help with your take away
Thank you Freddie. I'm working on weakening my grip. My previous lesson was all setup and alignment. I am starting to make incrimental changes. Like the grip. Again, I appreciate your time.

Back