Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

Not everybody associates the confederate flag with hate and racism. Believe it or not, it is a heritage and one many of us are proud of.
Obviously a southern thing haha when you see them up here in NY you absolutely know the people are ignorant redneck a$$holes who are only flying it for one reason. Some of the stuff I see just makes me cringe lol git r dun!!

Its not like he bought the car painted it on there, it was on a TV show 35 years ago...it's a piece of TV History.

It's his car... he's free to do whatever the heck he wants with it.

Now the social media parade? That's about as bubba as it gets. No surprise here.

Obviously a southern thing haha when you see them up here in NY you absolutely know the people are ignorant redneck a$$holes who are only flying it for one reason. Some of the stuff I see just makes me cringe lol git r dun!!

Is this meant to be derogatory?

I think he's just saying that outside the south the flag is often a pretty straight forward indication of racism.

No no not at all, sorry OG. I mean you guys may fly that flag down south for certain reasons without being racist or anything of the sort but up here every single person ive seen with it on their truck, tshirt, house etc is an absolute douchebag haha. Didnt mean anything against you as im sure you aren't in that group

I think he's just saying that outside the south the flag is often a pretty straight forward indication of racism.

No no not at all, sorry OG. I mean you guys may fly that flag down south for certain reasons without being racist or anything of the sort but up here every single person ive seen with it on their truck, tshirt, house etc is an absolute douchebag haha. Didnt mean anything against you as im sure you aren't in that group

Understood :thumb:

And there lies the problem. People making decisions for others, without any thoughts about geography. I am not a fan of the flag, but the idea that it is getting bigger news than the burning of the American Flag is hysterical.

I mean a TV station pulled this show from their schedule over this flag painted on a car...
Forget the entire premise of the show, or the name of the car, but now in this eggshell country we live in, this is what it comes to.

Totally agree with most here. You don't support the flag, don't buy the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to give bubba the benefit of the doubt. That he wasn't offended by it until the underlying hate associated with the symbol was brought kicking and screaming into the light of day a few weeks ago.

Either way, good for him that he's removing that symbol. There's NO reason for it, anywhere.

See I completely disagree with this but that's for another thread.

See I completely disagree with this but that's for another thread.
For the record, I did clarify and soften that stance a little bit.

And there lies the problem. People making decisions for others, without any thoughts about geography. I am not a fan of the flag, but the idea that it is getting bigger news than the burning of the American Flag is hysterical.

I mean a TV station pulled this show from their schedule over this flag painted on a car...
Forget the entire premise of the show, or the name of the car, but now in this eggshell country we live in, this is what it comes to.

It's disgusting really.

I should add my comments are not about the car or show lol I actually grew up with the show and loved it. Its very obvious as the why the flag is on their car and not because they're racist haha. Bubba could leave it on the car, its the general lee after all, its iconic. Im strictly commenting on rednecks up north who know nothing but larry the cable guy and that if you aint white, you aint right. Lol yes thats an exact quote ive heard someone say

Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

my wild guess of the timeline: the tragedy in sc happens. killer took pictures of himself embracing the flag. country reacts by removing all semblance of the flag, and any historic figures who fought for or were associated with the confederacy. TV land removed dukes of hazard from its programming. bubba's people get out in front of any potential negative press and convince him to paint over the flag in the General Lee. my opinion is that he didn't want to do it, but it's proactive image maintenance.

edited to remove the stuff about the flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For the record, I did clarify and soften that stance a little bit.

It's okay. JRod skips my posts, so he missed our interaction on the topic.

:alien:

So is it still a little douche coupe?

See what I.....

Interesting. So this means if OG drove a truck up there with this flag on it he's immediately a douchebag.

The judgement we lie upon others because they have a decal or a shirt or whatever it is...therein lies the real problem.

Now I don't think you think this of OG but you're rush to judgement in your neck of the woods lies a BIG part of the problem.

Maybe we should not judge until we've actually spoken to that person - regardless of what they drive or look like.

Interesting. So this means if OG drove a truck up there with this flag on it he's immediately a douchebag.

The judgement we lie upon others because they have a decal or a shirt or whatever it is...therein lies the real problem.

Now I don't think you think this of OG but you're rush to judgement in your neck of the woods lies a BIG part of the problem.

Maybe we should not judge until we've actually spoken to that person - regardless of what they drive or look like.
Absolutely not as my comment was strictly about people who I've talked to and encountered every day. I live in a very small backwoods town and those people are very much redneck racist douchebags and they wont hesitate to tell you. Come on up if you dont believe me. I guess it is sad and wrong that yes if OG drove his truck up here then people would think that way although he'd have southern plates so hopefully a non ignorant person would realize he's not some idiot. I think there's going to be a difference in perspective between the people living down south and the people way up here. I do notice a lot of these rednecks are just wannabes and have never traveled out of state or know the first thing about what he southern states are actually like haha. Im not one of them and please dont take my comments as attacking you guys in the south. Im speaking about people in my area.

Absolutely not as my comment was strictly about people who I've talked to and encountered every day. I live in a very small backwoods town and those people are very much redneck racist douchebags and they wont hesitate to tell you. Come on up if you dont believe me. I guess it is sad and wrong that yes if OG drove his truck up here then people would think that way although he'd have southern plates so hopefully a non ignorant person would realize he's not some idiot. I think there's going to be a difference in perspective between the people living down south and the people way up here. I do notice a lot of these rednecks are just wannabes and have never traveled out of state or know the first thing about what he southern states are actually like haha. Im not one of them and please dont take my comments as attacking you guys in the south. Im speaking about people in my area.

All good, it's just a sad state of affairs across the entire country when judgments are made on things such as this. And it happens in every single city in every demographic in every single state. And it's a big part of the problem. One would think once we got past slavery, then racial separation, then we would have made progress but in many cases we have not.

All good, it's just a sad state of affairs across the entire country when judgments are made on things such as this. And it happens in every single city in every demographic in every single state. And it's a big part of the problem. One would think once we got past slavery, then racial separation, then we would have made progress but in many cases we have not.
The separation is definitely sad dude, I only speak so strongly about these idiots up here because im so the opposite its not even funny. My area is NOT diverse at all and the racial hate I literally hear every single day is disgusting. Kevin Hart came to the local university here and his first joke was "Holy sh!t, Im the only black dude in this place" hahaha obviously he wasnt but I assure you he wasn't far off. I suppose i am part of the problem that ive associated that flag with ignorance and I apologize but damn i tell you what you'd come up here and be like omg he wasnt kidding lol. Wish it wasnt like this

Not everybody associates the confederate flag with hate and racism. Believe it or not, it is a heritage and one many of us are proud of.

Very well put.

I agree with the earlier twitter translation post that this is basically about sponsors/money. From my perspective, it actually shows a lack of integrity to be ok with something for a number of years, and then be swayed by popular opinion which is formulated by a knee jerk reaction to a tragic event. You purchased and paraded a car named the General Lee with the flag on it some years ago. You didnt decide to remove it when Nascar didnt allow you to drive it as a spectacle for one of their events - at that time you even mentioned that you dont stand for it but its just a piece of TV history. Now because the public stupidly wants to target a piece of cloth that one deranged person took a photo with, everyone wants to immediately clean their hands of it.

The PC stance of society has gotten to the point of being sickening. Lets take the Dukes off of TV because some people may be offended despite there being no racism. Lets focus on a flag instead of a moron that killed people. Lets interview a woman and give her a spotlight because she committed a crime by removing it from state property. Lets divert from the real issue and do everything possible except tell the truth - that flag is no more racist than it was 2 months ago, but because of a tragic event people want to jump up and do something, anything, despite how pointless it may be. And the reason for that is because they cant solve the real issues (mental problems, racism, etc), so they focus on an object of diminished/minute significance. Attacking that flag wont make a blatant die hard racist say "my goodness, I have seen the light. I will repent from my bigoted ways!" If anything it will incite more out of spite. If Im wrong then fine - but thats just the perspective of one black guy from Texas.

If I am of German descent and my grandfather fought as a valiant foot soldier in WWII is it okay to display a Nazi swastika flag? I'm just throwing out a hypothetical to try to better understand this because the Civil War was fought over one topic - the south wanting to maintain slavery and the flag didn't exist before the war.

If I am of German descent and my grandfather fought as a valiant foot soldier in WWII is it okay to display a Nazi swastika flag? I'm just throwing out a hypothetical to try to better understand this because the Civil War was fought over one topic - the south wanting to maintain slavery and the flag didn't exist before the war.

The civil war was not fought over a single topic.
In fact not even close. While slavery was a large point, it was definitely not the sole issue. In fact some believe the bigger issue was state's rights vs federal authority as a whole.

The Nazi swastika was not a flag of a nation. It was brought by Hitler to demonstrate the Nazi belief and goals. Far Far different cry than that of this flag being discussed.

At the end of the day, if your beliefs align with those of the Nazi regime, or the history of that party...You have that right to fly that symbol.

The confederate flag was not the flag of a nation either. The confederate states seceded, which they couldn't technically do. As to states rights vs federalism being the reason - the state right they wanted was to decide on slavery and not have the federal govt tell them they couldn't.

Back