The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Paul Azinger had some thoughts on the subject of Tiger Woods.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...south-end-of-a-northbound-mule/1#.T4XaB2DDaQo

Paul Azinger has always been a Tiger Woods fan. But he didn't like the club-kicking Tiger he saw at Augusta.
Appearing on Sirius XM Mad Dog Radio, the former Ryder Cup captain said "Tiger's antics this week were an embarrassment to the game, to the membership at Augusta. I was really disappointed to see him carry on that way. He's not trying to endear himself to anybody. And after he won Bay Hill I thought, 'here we go again, this is going to be Tiger just kicking butt and taking names.' I don't know. I thought he acted like the south end of a northbound mule."

Azinger wasn't impressed by the golf Woods played either saying while his career would never compares to Woods' that "....in the 28 years I've played golf for a living I've never been as lost as he looked out there."

Zinged by the Zinger

I realize this is a Tiger thread but I find it curious nobody anywhere is talking about Henrik Stenson carving a canal in the 18th pine needles.

I realize this is a Tiger thread but I find it curious nobody anywhere is talking about Henrik Stenson carving a canal in the 18th pine needles.

Ummm. Read the contest thread. I believe his attitude has been mentioned and was mentioned there.

Ummm. Read the contest thread. I believe his attitude has been mentioned and was mentioned there.

Gotcha, I figured I missed it somewhere. I didnt wanna derail this thread anyhow. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I also meant more media wise other than THP.

Gotcha, I figured I missed it somewhere. I didnt wanna derail this thread anyhow. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I also meant more media wise other than THP.

The truth? Because nobody cares about Henrik. However when Sergio carved up something, it gets attention.

The truth? Because nobody cares about Henrik. However when Sergio carved up something, it gets attention.

Fair enough. They should have Kevin Na and Tiger play last in every tournament from now on so the rest of the field can enjoy it divot free.

Fair enough. They should have Kevin Na and Tiger play last in every tournament from now on so the rest of the field can enjoy it divot free.

The two of them together would make our Morgan Cup rounds look quick.

Found this article very interesting and I actually agree with Butch..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...tiger-woods-swing-very-robotic-140941218.html

These days, you can't swing a cat without hitting someone with an opinion on Hank Haney's Tiger Woods-themed book "The Big Miss," and one of those with the best perspective on the book — another of Woods' former swing coaches — has broken his silence on Haney and Woods.
Harmon coached Woods from 1993 to 2004, taking him through his early successes and his initial exposure to the world. And the Woods he sees now is a far different player than the one he coached, both physically and mentally. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Harmon was direct: "For me, and I think we saw this at the Masters, he looks like he's playing 'golf- swing' and not golf," he said. "In my opinion, he's very robotic. And you could see that at Augusta with all his practice swings and the double-cross shots when he's trying to fade it and he hooks it. I think everyone thought because he won at Bay Hill that he was back; well, he didn't hit it great at Bay Hill, he hit it OK. And Bay Hill's not a major."
Harmon suggested that Woods' problems could be solved with much less teaching, not more. He recommended Woods get out on a practice tee with nobody else around and start working on shaping his own shots, not trying to pile advice on top of advice. "Quit playing golf-swing and just hit shots; just say to himself, I'm gonna hit a low fade, and I don't need anybody to tell me how to do it, I'm just gonna feel it. He's Tiger Woods, for God's sake. He doesn't know how to hit a shot?"
Harmon also expressed a bit of skepticism about Haney's motives in writing a book. "I'm very surprised that he would write it," he said. "I'd never do that to Tiger or Greg [Norman] or any of the guys I've been with. We get to spend a lot of time with these people, sometimes even more time than their own families. Things are said, or you see different things ... it is what it is, you just leave it where it belongs. I was really shocked to see him talk about Elin and Tiger's kids and stuff like that, I don't think that had any place in it."
As for his current pupil, Phil Mickelson, Harmon had a few choice words for Phil's decisionmaking on Sunday at Augusta, particularly when he butchered the 4th: "It was a bad shot," he said. "I'm not making excuses, but he did get very unlucky with how the ball bounced. And after that, I thought he played everything so quickly; I said on the [television]commentary, 'Oh my gosh, he's not taking any time at all.' Afterwards, when I talked to him about going back to the tee, he said, '[Shoot], I'd've probably ended up in the same place.' Well, that's one way to look at it."
It's a revealing little Q&A with good tidbits on the big stories of our time; check out more over at The Wall Street Journal.

you just leave it where it belongs.

I chose this bit because I like it. Could be applied to a lot of Tiger stories, Tiger's golf swing, Tiger's anatomy, Tiger's ball in the rough....

Tigers new media strategy is interesting. I think I like the fact that he is making an effort solely on social media with fans this week.

That being said, he needs to be as active with the traditional media as he has been, if not more, but hes been pretty lacklustre in the social media department.

Tigers new media strategy is interesting. I think I like the fact that he is making an effort solely on social media with fans this week.

That being said, he needs to be as active with the traditional media as he has been, if not more, but hes been pretty lacklustre in the social media department.

Personally think it is a crappy way to not talk to the press. If you want to field questions from fans in addition to your main PC that's one thing, but to do it in order to control the questions is spineless. Apparently the Charlotte media aren't worthy of 15 no comments.

Is old TIger in the great state of North Carolina?

Personally think it is a crappy way to not talk to the press. If you want to field questions from fans in addition to your main PC that's one thing, but to do it in order to control the questions is spineless. Apparently the Charlotte media aren't worthy of 15 no comments.

I think that I agree here. I think its a way to control the questions that are asked and stay away from anything else as you said.

Is old TIger in the great state of North Carolina?

He wanted to come to your place for High Lives, burgers, and snicker bars, but heard you were healthying it up.

Kevin

Shrug, I enjoyed watching the little social media video, kinda interesting

I'm sure all the I "just want to see good golf/I don't care about what he says or does off the course" Tiger fans don't watch or pay attention to any of this social media stuff anyway. It's all about the golf for them.

Kevin

I'm sure all the I "just want to see good golf/I don't care about what he says or does off the course" Tiger fans don't watch or pay attention to any of this social media stuff anyway. It's all about the golf for them.

Kevin

Teheh :clapp:

Kevin

I can tell you at least that this "just want to see good golf/I don't care about what he says or does off the course" Tiger fan has had enough of the crap he says and does on the course and will call him on it from now on...not that he cares what I think.

I can tell you at least that this "just want to see good golf/I don't care about what he says or does off the course" Tiger fan has had enough of the crap he says and does on the course and will call him on it from now on...not that he cares what anyone thinks

fify friend!

This seems like another bad idea regarding PR, much like his blue shirt interview. I kinda like him snubbing reporters, but I like it when Phil does it too, and especially Jack, that guy eats reporters for breakfast. Ask a stupid question and you will get a stupid answer. I think he is gonna catch quite a bit of flak for this as most people just want to know the golf stuff but now they won't get anything.

Back