Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

I was going to watch this but forgot. I'll have to see if I can catch one of the golf channels 4598 replays of it.
It's playing right now again, so only 4,597 more replays.

I thought it was boring! Bring back the girls! But if I had to pick I'm picking will
I really like the seasons with the girls in them. People talk about how this group or that group looks like they really have game. But if they had game to be on Tour, they wouldn't be on The Big Break. Let's watch the girls, they are more fun.

Is it just me or is there a commercial every 5 min during this show?
DVR, baby!

It's awful. I can't watch the show unless it's on the DVR.

Yeah, what he said.

I'm enjoying Oren. His swing is almost as bad as mine, but he comes off as very likable. As much as I hate to admit, the Texican is right about the guy with the guitar. I hope somebody goes Bluto Blutarsky on that thing.

Kevin

+1 on going Bluto

The marine does nothing but talk about fixing his bayonet, making them bleed, and fighting. Can't wait for him to go. Plus, he has hooked/sliced almost every tee shot I've seen him hit.

And I have to agree with the Texan about guitar guy...That's getting old fast.

Well I must say this.. I play and Work with Russell (Marine) every weekend. He is a loose cannon but we all are... The show is making these guys personallities a little over the top but that just makes for good television. As for sitting around the campfire cleaning weapons? Who does that?! Just an example of what producers are forcing these guys to say.

I liked Floyd's line about him creating a Seve moment. I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot. LMAO! That was tough to watch and I was sorry to see him go so soon.

Well I must say this.. I play and Work with Russell (Marine) every weekend. He is a loose cannon but we all are... The show is making these guys personallities a little over the top but that just makes for good television. As for sitting around the campfire cleaning weapons? Who does that?! Just an example of what producers are forcing these guys to say.

We all are as in all marines? Or as in all the people you associate with? Cause I gotta say my Father In law was a career marine and he never acted that way

I liked Floyd's line about him creating a Seve moment. I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot, I hit bunker shot. LMAO! That was tough to watch and I was sorry to see him go so soon.

That was a classic line for sure, too bad to see Floyd go, but it was an interesting show for sure, I was surprised only one person hit the flop wall!

I figured the marine was done after the first hole. Now we know why Mr Floyd hasn't done much in golf, he's got no head. That was really hard to watch.

Russel seemed to calm down a little bit once he was on the brink of elimination...

Floyd deserved to go home...and not because he blew up either. He just doesn't seem like he enjoys golf or enjoyed being there.
He almost acts like he only golfs because of who his dad is...

Justin is still a douche. All he does is bad mouth Kent and John then asks the guys if they talk bad about him when he's up there hitting shots.
I dunno. Maybe a lot of that is forced for "good" TV. He does have a sweet swing...

Kudos to Oren for escaping elimination 2 weeks in a row and amazing 2nd shot from Will over the wall!

Yeah, strange choice to pull out a guitar (or even think to take one) in a house FULL of dudes..

I only watched week two, and it seemed like people just kept screwing up... For the sizable egos that are present, I was expecting some MUCH better golf.

I too, like most of you, am not fond of the marine's personality. All this 'time to fix the bayonet' and 'this is bayonet time' and what not. I started thinking to myself, man, this guy really wants to stab somebody.

I was not as happy to see Floyd Jr., go. Probably because of the way he went, it was painful to watch. Plus, he seemed to have some 'class,' which most of this years contestants don't have.

I'm not sure who my favorite 'personality' or favorite to win yet is. My favorite personality was Kent Eger, until he developed the personality of 'the not cool kid trying to be cool by putting others down.' Plus, he's competed in the 2010 US Open, so he's not an underdog.

Current picks, David Byrne for favorite personality. He seems to the one with the most class right now.

Current favorite to win it all, Kent Eger or Carl Whyte. We will have to see if Eger can keep his cool when the other tools start trying to bring his 'ego' down a notch.

I get the feeling that these guys have a lot less experience that past casts. After two episoded I'm pulling for David, seems to be the least abrasive personality and he's Canadian. Also had Kent on my list, but he's got a case of hoof-in-mouth disease that is rubbing me wrong. Oren was on my out's list, but after two elimination near misses and a humble personality he's growing on me....kind of like that fungus growing on his throat. Hard to beleave he's the three time Israeli Open Champion with that swing. Sorry to see Floyd go home that bunker fiasco was hard to watch. Speaking of bunkers, Russell needs to fix bayonetes and jump into one, i'm over this clown. I would like to see Justin go down in a ball of flames sooner rather than later. Loved that Will holed the wall flop, like that guy, John needs to put down the guitar and Carl need to put down the pen and pad and develop personalities. Shanks seems to be a decent guy when he's not playing up the southern hillbilly. Look forward to some serious personality clashes....and hope a little golf competition.

I'm pulling for Oren and Carl. The only 2 who seem to truely understand the game of golf.

The Marine is just like many other Marine's I've run into in my past (no offense to any Marines or former Marines) but they tend to have this big old chip on their shoulder about something. I think he needs to go away, and take that little Cowboy from Texas with him. I hate dudes with those sorts of attitudes. Kent the Canadian has serious game, and he'll be a tough one to out, and he knows it. It's hard not to like Oren, he seems humble and appreciative of where he is. Shanks, well, I've met him a couple of times and he's exactly that way in real life. He's got serious game too and he'll be a tough out for someone.

I've only seen the last 10 mins of the first show. So I figured I'd throw my expertise out. Oren was awesome! And after hanging around so many Canadians this past weekend, I can't help but root for the Canadian.

I've only seen the last 10 mins of the first show. So I figured I'd throw my expertise out. Oren was awesome! And after hanging around so many Canadians this past weekend, I can't help but root for the Canadian.

Ya BUDDY! I love that theres two Canadians on the show this year.

As I watched this week's episode on DVR last night, it seemed to me that these guys can't putt for the life of them. Only Oren with the long stick made a decent putt.
Maybe its nerves in the elimination challenges?
But I mean c'mon, at least get the ball to the hole!
4 out of 5 putts were like 3 feet short or more!!

As I watched this week's episode on DVR last night, it seemed to me that these guys can't putt for the life of them. Only Oren with the long stick made a decent putt.
Maybe its nerves in the elimination challenges?
But I mean c'mon, at least get the ball to the hole!
4 out of 5 putts were like 3 feet short or more!!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I kept thinking to myself that they were crazy slow greens but it looks like these guys just can't putt worth crap.

This season seems to be way more a reality show than a golf show. Way over the top. I still don't know who is good and who isn't yet.

I do love the new format though. Big swings can happen.

Shanks is who I'm rooting for, can't help but cheer on someone who is a grass roots kinda guy. Use to hang out on another golf forum and Russel came on and posted the same kind of garbage he is now spouting on the show, all the respect for those who serve but he can't go home fast enough for me. Floyd sure made me feel a whole lot better about my sand skills, that was painful and I really didn't want to see him leave so early.

Shanks is who I'm rooting for, can't help but cheer on someone who is a grass roots kinda guy. Use to hang out on another golf forum and Russel came on and posted the same kind of garbage he is now spouting on the show, all the respect for those who serve but he can't go home fast enough for me. Floyd sure made me feel a whole lot better about my sand skills, that was painful and I really didn't want to see him leave so early.

So painful but my gosh looking at that swing no wonder he can't get out. That is one ugly swing like chopping wood throwing body in it as whole spine angle is just lost it was just horrid.

Like shank too. Only thing I can say with these guys is that they're long but heck I'll take them on in any of these elimination challenges chips bunkers putts recovery. They're not that solid guess thats why they're not making it on tour.

Only thing I can say with these guys is that they're long but heck I'll take them on in any of these elimination challenges chips bunkers putts recovery. They're not that solid guess thats why they're not making it on tour.

I tend to cut them a little slack as several seasons ago (Prince Edward Island I believe) I saw an interview where the competitor described sitting on the bench for hours at a time then the production crew would have them jump up and hit a shot. I don't see how anyone can perform at their best under those circumstances. But some of them just make you wonder how they even got on the show?

I really liked Kent ( the Canadian guy) at first, but he needs to stop running his mouth. It is a pressure cooker situation already and him making yippy comments would get on my last nerve also. Granted, I think Justin (Texas guy) is a little over the top but I do hope he stands his ground and says something to him about it.

I guess I am rooting for Shanks # 1 and David/Will for # 2. We'll see how it goes.

I do wish they would focus more on the golf aspect of it like showing their swings and technique but it is a reality show so I can understand why they try to hype the drama.

Back